Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-02-2014   #781
YeaLikeRightNow
Veteran

Rep Power: 650 YeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans hire Bill O'Brien as HC

Coach announcement:

Tomorrow, around 11 or 11:30.
YeaLikeRightNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #782
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Here is a great article with lots of insight to the Patriots offensive scheme.

I'm not sure how much O'Brien influenced it, but I hope he brings this mindset and attitude with him to Houston.

It's a long article (which is a good thing to me) that really gives you some deep insight into how the Patriots run their offense. It allows a lot more flexibility and adjustments during the game, and is not rigid in its application.

I think it's brilliant, and certainly a new way of doing things than what we've seen for the past 8 years.
Great article. Thanks!

MSR.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #783
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42948 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Nevermind

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #784
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

Very nice article if it has not been posted yet.

What I learned about O'Brien at Penn State
http://www.csnhouston.com/football-h...ook-like%22%5D

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #785
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49238 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
Is there any way a regular fan/season ticket holder like myself attend that press conference? I'd absolutely love to see it. I'm ecstatic about this hire. We finally have a coach that has a chance to be elite.
Not that I'm aware. You need an approved issued press I.D. to get inside the doors. You can call public relations but unless you have legitimate press credentials don't expect any favors. The next best thing for fans is they usually broadcast PCs live on houstontexans.com.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #786
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index...der_arriv.html

Quote:
"For any ‘Paterno person’ to have any objection to what I’m doing, it makes me wanna’ put my fist through this windshield right now." - Bill O'Brien, December 4, 2013
I don't know if this was posted yet but it should be if not.
Old 01-02-2014   #787
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: College teammate lauds O'Brien's determination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
College teammate lauds O'Brien's determination

By John Harris

Small world. TheSidelineView's John Harris was college teammates with OB.
O'Brien tells Harris after losing they would do fine rest of year and the team lost all remaining games? I sorta wished you had not posted that.
Old 01-02-2014   #788
BetaV1
Veteran

Rep Power: 3508 BetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Foxboro Steve, what is your opinion of the hire?

-Credit to False Start for this signature-
BetaV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #789
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 7822 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

Normally don't give judgements until I see on-field product worth quantifying, but league-wide opinion seems to be we nailed it.
Old 01-02-2014   #790
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142254 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Two things heading into next season:

#1: This Obie hire has me totally stoked. Like totes stoked.

#2: I am TERRIFIED of the #1 pick...I don't know which way we should go AT ALL.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #791
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
Two things heading into next season:

#1: This Obie hire has me totally stoked. Like totes stoked.

#2: I am TERRIFIED of the #1 pick...I don't know which way we should go AT ALL.
I'll go with your gut, trade it.
Old 01-02-2014   #792
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235987 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Houston, the Eagle has landed...

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26
Quote:
Former PennState coach Bill O'Brien arrives N Houston.Friday he'll be officially named the 3rd coach N Texans history

Bill O'Brien on plans:"The thing that we'll do here is we'll work very hard 2field a very, very competitive FB team."It's all about winning"

Bill O'Brien on leaving Penn St."Those things R tough.There Rgreat kids@PennSt. They gave me my1st opportunity as a HC.I thank them 4 that"

Bill O'Brien: "U have an opportunity 2come here & work 4an owner like Mr.McNair & an organization like the Texans,it's a very exciting time"

Bill O'Brien on taking over as Texans head coach: "I'm excited. In your lifetime you get certain opportunities only so many times."
John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
Quote:
O'Brien, "It's all about winning. We'll get started real soon."

O'Brien on Texans "we'll work very hard to field a very competitive team. Everything we do as a team will be about winning."

O'Brien on Penn State "they gave me my first opportunity to be a head coach and I'll always thank them for that."

O'Brien on leaving Penn State "Those things are tough. It's not easy. They're great kids at Penn State, lot of great people there."
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #793
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142254 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

So, saw this retweeted by Steph Stradley on ye olde Twitter:

☆。★。☆。★
。☆ 。☆。☆
★。\|/。★
BILL O'BRIEN'S
BUTTCHIN
★。/|\。★
。☆。。☆
☆。 ★。 ☆ ★

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #794
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71024 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Houston, the Eagle has landed...

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
Guy looks like sort of a dick, like the kinda guy i would not trust. Of course that could be a good thing for the texans cause football is a business, and we all know the ruthless come out ahead.
Old 01-02-2014   #795
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I bet they'll schedule our game against New England in Prime Time.... the student vs the master. They're goi...

That's right... that's right. We don't play the Patriots this year because they're at the top of their conference & we're at the bottom of the weakest division in football.
Old 01-02-2014   #796
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Guy looks like sort of a dick, like the kinda guy i would not trust. Of course that could be a good thing for the texans cause football is a business, and we all know the ruthless come out ahead.
Belichick is about the biggest dick in football.

Good thing we don't have that guy...........
Old 01-02-2014   #797
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I bet they'll schedule our game against New England in Prime Time.... the student vs the master. They're goi...

That's right... that's right. We don't play the Patriots this year because they're at the top of their conference & we're at the bottom of the weakest division in football.
Oh way to go ricky rain cloud , I was stoked for a second .
Old 01-02-2014   #798
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Belichick is about the biggest dick in football.

Good thing we don't have that guy...........
Pretty much every championship winning coach has an aura about them that makes the outsider think he's a dick or a-hole. Lombardi, Parcells, Belichick, (among others), all considered hardasses. Two that were aloof - Walsh and Landry - were still stand-offish and could stare a hole through players.

Many of them have quick tempers and do not tolerate bull****.

After watching the Lombardi documentary on "A Football Life" the past couple of weeks, his son nailed it when he said Vince had a quick temper and perfectionist attitude. Two great things for a coach but lousy for a father.
Old 01-02-2014   #799
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49238 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Bill O’Brien Arrives in Houston, Speaks for First Time Since Leaving Penn State

http://onwardstate.com/2014/01/02/bi...ng-penn-state/
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #800
Austrian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2061 Austrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Bill O’Brien Arrives in Houston, Speaks for First Time Since Leaving Penn State

http://onwardstate.com/2014/01/02/bi...ng-penn-state/
Wow, they are pretty sore he left Penn State.
Austrian is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read