Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-02-2014   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I was an NFL player until I was fired by two cowards and a bigot

http://deadspin.com/i-was-an-nfl-pla...ium=socialflow

Chris Kluwe article
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #2
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 159792 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I was an NFL player until I was fired by two cowards and a bigot

A pretty powerful read. Also a cautionary tale of "freedom of expression".

This is the other side of the Duck Dynasty story, where tolerance can and will be taken to task by employers as readily as intolerance.
Old 01-02-2014   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't be surprised if it were true. At the same time, the guy was not a great punter. He consistently ranked in the late teens/32 in terms of averages. He wasn't bad by any means, but he wasn't great. He lost out in OAK to a guy who lead the NFL in average.

I think this article will do more to hurt his playing chances than his previous speaking out moments would have.
Old 01-02-2014   #4
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 25589 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Reading that, I couldn't help but feel that most teams would have a problem if the punter became a distraction, for any reason.

Priefer sounds like a right bell end, though.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014   #5
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 393216 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

P Chris Kluwe goes to torched earth tactic...

Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley
Quote:
Truth stranger than fiction. Mouthy old avg punter sues team bc coach said something awful and team dealt with it but not to punter's ideas?
Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock
Quote:
More uncomfortable, Kluwe's former teammates right now or athletes at ESPY'S with wives when Drake starts singing Side Pieces?

Kluwe is entering Jose Canseco black balled territory. Breaking "the code".
Quote:
I legit don't know what Kluwe is trying to accomplishing other than vengeance. Vikings dealt w/ issue, apologized, punished coach, pledged $
Chris Kluwe ‏@ChrisWarcraft
Quote:
Oooh, shall we talk about the time two very well known Vikings players were caught in a compromising situation with an underage girl?
Quote:
How much shock & awe will come out of "Locker room talk" becoming public? Players let guard down, now conversations public. #Kluwe
Quote:
Lawsuits should not be video games. Where you use public resources to try to vengeance people. Maybe resolution not perfect. They rarely are

Talk about hostile work environments. Dumping weird Vikings news at this hour of a Friday for my @NFL writer buds. Bizarre story....

I think the Vikings response was extremely reasonable and fair from a legal standpoint. Lawsuit is angry talk. Kluwe's tweets don't help.
Quote:
RT @Vikings: #Vikings respond to independent investigative report of Chris Kluwe's allegations: http://bit.ly/1rxQDEN
Quote:
?? cause of action. Hard to prove cause of damages too. To get embarrassment discovery? MT @TomPelissero: Kluwe will sue #Vikings next week.
Old 07-18-2014   #6
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 137288 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see what's wrong with the article.
xtruroyaltyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014   #7
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 393216 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I don't see what's wrong with the article.
What's wrong is Kluwe's tweet today.
Sponsored links
Old 07-19-2014   #8
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Chris Kluwe is an asshat who likes to paint his arguments with colorful words like "**** nugget" and "dildo licker" he's an attention whore of the worst kind. He probably thinks he got the LGBT movement off the ground by himself.
Old 07-19-2014   #9
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 95414 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
The answer for all his suffering HAS TO BE his activism. Yeah. It couldn't be he just couldn't cut it as a player anymore.
New fan of #21 Kendrick Lewis and #94 Ryan Pickett. ps I just realized why, they TACKLE!

Luke 23:34 Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”
Marshall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014   #10
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 95414 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
A pretty powerful read. Also a cautionary tale of "freedom of expression".

This is the other side of the Duck Dynasty story, where tolerance can and will be taken to task by employers as readily as intolerance.
Tolerance is not a virtue in and of itself. Tolerating evil is not a virtue so be careful of what you tolerate. The problem is that there are different opinions of what is evil. But if the differences are not about good and evil, but simply matters of personal preference, then tolerance of those differences is a virtue.

Homosexuality can rarely be discussed without getting the two concepts confused. No matter which side of the issue you may be on, you can descend into hate which is without a doubt evil.
New fan of #21 Kendrick Lewis and #94 Ryan Pickett. ps I just realized why, they TACKLE!

Luke 23:34 Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”
Marshall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014   #11
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Chris Kluwe @ChrisWarcraft
Quote:
Don't worry folks, you'll know when I'm on tilt. The Vikings clearly think turning this dirty will scare me off. Says all you need to know.

But we'll save all that for the trial. It'll be more fun that way.

Bet you didn't hear about that one in the news. We can do this all day, Vikings. Special teams hears *everything*.

Oooh, shall we talk about the time two very well known Vikings players were caught in a compromising situation with an underage girl?

That's in the report, by the way, but you wouldn't know it from the Vikings' version. Wonder what else they might be covering?

Over half the team did it for over a month, including asking him if he "raped any little boys lately," repeatedly, in front of coaches.

Sure I gave my strength coach a hard time. Once. I made a joke about the Sandusky case, because he was a big Penn State guy.

And yeah, if the Vikings want to play dirty, we can talk about ALL sorts of stuff.
Quote:
"Kluwe also made fun of the Vikings’ then Head Strength and Conditioning Coach Tom Kanavy, an alumnus of—and former coach at—Penn State University, concerning the Jerry Sandusky/Penn State situation,” the summary says. "In his interview, Kanavy explained that Kluwe cut the seat out of his pants and then put them on to imitate a victim of the Penn State child-abuse scandal. According to Kanavy, Kluwe said that he was a ‘Penn State victim’ and to ‘stay away’ from him while his buttocks were exposed."
Quote:
Think about this for a second. Kluwe was pushing for locker-room-culture change while at some point he cut a hole in his pants to mock children being raped.

You cannot talk about the vulgarity of one aspect of the locker room while acting with equal childishness in another moment...

...legitimately pointing out that Kluwe was presenting himself one way publicly while sometimes acting another way inside the very locker room he was trying to change.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-and-hypocrite
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read