Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-28-2013   #61
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Underclassmen declaring for 2014 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Not really sure why he's jumping early although I assume his HC getting fired has something to do with it. Had a shot to come back for his senior year and, with Carr and Fales gone, be the torch bearer for the Mountain West.

Not to mention, his play style is reminiscent of Manziel. He tends to bail from the pocket early, throw on the move, and force passes that shouldn't be thrown. He would be better served to return for another year and work on his pocket passing ability.
I think his coach getting fired may very well be the main reason. I am surprised he is leaving early for the same reasons you are.

He is very similar to Manziel, IMO. Not quite the athlete, but two inches taller and a slightly better passer. What I like most about him is that he has relied less on his feet and more on his arm each year. I also like that he has the closest skill set to Manziel in this draft but can be had way later. I would much rather take a risk on him in the 3rd or 4th than Manziel in the 1st.

FR - 2622 Passing, 20-11, 60.9%, 710 Rushing, 5.1 YPC, 10 TDs
SO - 2837 Passing, 27-6, 62.1%, 248 Rushing, 2.2 YPC, 6 TDs
JR - 3375 Passing, 29-11, 62.7%, 573 Rushing, 4.6 YPC, 4 TDs
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013   #62
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I think his coach getting fired may very well be the main reason. I am surprised he is leaving early for the same reasons you are.

He is very similar to Manziel, IMO. Not quite the athlete, but two inches taller and a slightly better passer. What I like most about him is that he has relied less on his feet and more on his arm each year. I also like that he has the closest skill set to Manziel in this draft but can be had way later. I would much rather take a risk on him in the 3rd or 4th than Manziel in the 1st.

FR - 2622 Passing, 20-11, 60.9%, 710 Rushing, 5.1 YPC, 10 TDs
SO - 2837 Passing, 27-6, 62.1%, 248 Rushing, 2.2 YPC, 6 TDs
JR - 3375 Passing, 29-11, 62.7%, 573 Rushing, 4.6 YPC, 4 TDs
I saw an article today that basically said he made his decision on a whim. Didn't put his name into draft evaluation and has no clue where he's getting drafted. Just decided to "go for it". He said it has nothing to do with the new coach, but his actions say otherwise.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013   #63
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I saw an article today that basically said he made his decision on a whim. Didn't put his name into draft evaluation and has no clue where he's getting drafted. Just decided to "go for it". He said it has nothing to do with the new coach, but his actions say otherwise.
If that's true then he either thinks he's going higher than he probably really is or he just wants out of Wyoming.
Old 12-28-2013   #64
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
If that's true then he either thinks he's going higher than he probably really is or he just wants out of Wyoming.
He said he just wants to be an NFL QB. That's his dream. I guess nobody informed him that he could go back for his senior year, get drafted higher, and still be one. He said he'll be happy just to make an NFL roster as a QB. No ambition to start or be great, just make it. That's admirable to reach his dream, but I want my QB to have a little more ambition than to "just make it".

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013   #65
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
How long after declaring does it usually take to add them to the mock drafts?
totally depends on the organization/person doing the mock. Many already speculate on the players coming out, some wait until they declare, a few wait until the list is official from the NFL.
Old 12-28-2013   #66
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
He said he just wants to be an NFL QB. That's his dream. I guess nobody informed him that he could go back for his senior year, get drafted higher, and still be one. He said he'll be happy just to make an NFL roster as a QB. No ambition to start or be great, just make it. That's admirable to reach his dream, but I want my QB to have a little more ambition than to "just make it".
That's a fair point.
Old 12-30-2013   #67
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt 28m

No surprise but Manziel and Evans will be playing final college games tomorrow, multiple sources tell me. #TAMUvsDUKE
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #68
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

CollegeFootball 24/7 ‏@NFL_CFB 20m

#OhioState LB Ryan Shazier says he received second-round grade in feedback from #NFL #Draft Advisory Board http://on.nfl.com/1fWnZa1
Old 12-31-2013   #69
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rotoworld NFL Draft ‏@Rotoworld_Draft 5m

Texas Tech TE Amaro declares for the NFL http://dlvr.it/4cLyZl
Expand

Clemson DE Beasley received second-round tag http://dlvr.it/4cLyWn
Old 12-31-2013   #70
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Rotoworld NFL Draft ‏@Rotoworld_Draft 5m

Texas Tech TE Amaro declares for the NFL http://dlvr.it/4cLyZl
Expand

Clemson DE Beasley received second-round tag http://dlvr.it/4cLyWn
What are your thoughts on Amaro? I think the dude looks like a beast and has great hands, but besides Crabtree and Amendola I've been wrong on basically every TT product, but even Amendola didn't get drafted so I was still wrong there.

I know he's been arrested, but I think it was for something like using a fake/stolen Credit Card to get drunk, which I imagine money solves those kinds of problems.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013   #71
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
What are your thoughts on Amaro? I think the dude looks like a beast and has great hands, but besides Crabtree and Amendola I've been wrong on basically every TT product, but even Amendola didn't get drafted so I was still wrong there.

I know he's been arrested, but I think it was for something like using a fake/stolen Credit Card to get drunk, which I imagine money solves those kinds of problems.
IMHO Amaro's on field production is worthy of 1st RD consideration. My #1 TE is Sefarian-Jenkins. My wish is for Ebron and Amaro to go in Rd1 and if by chance and I think it's a good chance that Aaron Donald goes before pick #33, Sefarian-Jenkins would be my B. Choice for the #33 pick.
Old 01-01-2014   #72
Texian
Hall of Fame

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 11m

RT @McMurphyESPN: Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater has decided to enter NFL Draft source told @espn
Old 01-01-2014   #73
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is a pretty good website for this thread:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ATL_newsdriver
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #74
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texas A&M WR Mike Evans declares for the draft

Per reports coming out now
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #75
Texian
Hall of Fame

Default Re: Texas A&M WR Mike Evans declares for the draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Per reports coming out now
There is a thread for this type of news.
Old 01-02-2014   #76
Texian
Hall of Fame

Players who intend to declare early for 2014 NFL Draft
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...2014-nfl-draft
Old 01-03-2014   #77
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rotoworld NFL Draft ‏@Rotoworld_Draft 10m

Ducks CB Mitchell will enter the NFL Draft http://dlvr.it/4dFnk9
Old 01-03-2014   #78
Texian
Hall of Fame

4 more today: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...Twitter_nfl_cb
Old 01-03-2014   #79
Texian
Hall of Fame

CollegeFootball 24/7 ‏@NFL_CFB 4m

USC WR Marqise Lee announces he will enter the 2014 NFL Draft. http://on.nfl.com/1ctmhsw

LSU DT Ferguson declares for 2014 NFL Draft http://dlvr.it/4dNLqQ
Old 01-03-2014   #80
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rotoworld NFL Draft ‏@Rotoworld_Draft 1m

OSU DE Crichton declares for NFL draft http://dlvr.it/4dNkLQ

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read