Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-02-2014   #1
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Cutler Signs 7 year deal (Chicago)

Well, he is off the market.

Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 20m
So Bears QB Jay Cutler is now signed through 2020.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #2
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 139289 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cutler Signs 7 year deal (Chicago)

So... that's not happening.

QB Choices:
1) Draft
2) Sign a FA (but now there are none worth the starting position)
3) Stick with what we have on the roster.

1 and 3 seem like the only viable options we have right now, and 3 ain't real viable.
htownfan32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #3
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 393216 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Foxsports.com's Alex Marvez reports the first three years of Cutler's deal average $18 million per season.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #4
BetaV1
Veteran

Rep Power: 3509 BetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Foxsports.com's Alex Marvez reports the first three years of Cutler's deal average $18 million per season.
Real curious to see the backhalf, but overall it's not important. Most players rarely play out a full contract and he'll likely be cut before the final year of the deal. The first three seasons are what's important, and at that price, no thanks.

-Credit to False Start for this signature-
BetaV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #5
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaV1 View Post
Real curious to see the backhalf, but overall it's not important. Most players rarely play out a full contract and he'll likely be cut before the final year of the deal. The first three seasons are what's important, and at that price, no thanks.
Yeah. Everyone knows guaranteed money is the only thing that matters. I am sure its around $50 million. They will probably pay him that much by year 2 or 3 after signing bonus ect.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #6
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135993 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
So... that's not happening.

QB Choices:
1) Draft
2) Sign a FA (but now there are none worth the starting position)
3) Stick with what we have on the roster.

1 and 3 seem like the only viable options we have right now, and 3 ain't real viable.
4) Trade for a vet and groom a draft pick
Old 01-02-2014   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm so glad the Bears took care of this early, if only because I did not want to hear Armchair GM constantly bring Cutler's name up as a QB for the Texans.

I don't hate Cutler. I just didn't want to see him in Texans gear.
Old 01-02-2014   #8
Tearstain
Rookie

Section: I wish :(
Rep Power: 6909 Tearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respected

Pants

Was an option for a year or two while we either tutor CK or a draft pick QB (roinds 2 or 3).

Always McGowen or what about Tebow a former 1st round draft pick.

I'll get mi coat and stop fishing
Tearstain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #9
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Average to ok QB who is among the overpaid.
Old 01-02-2014   #10
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

When I saw the thread title I honestly thought it was a joke. Horrible signing by the Bears. Just for clarification, aside from it being Cutler, a yawn of a QB, the amount and length of the deal is the horrible part.
Old 01-02-2014   #11
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Lol, great deal Chicago!
Old 01-02-2014   #12
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102895 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Biggest waste of money on an overrated QB since Flacco.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Yeah, because winning sucks.

Now we(armchair GMs) are going to throw names like Freeman, Hoyer, & Cassell out there. Maybe we trade for Flynn, or Mallet, maybe Cousins.

I do not want to go into the 2014 season when our best QB has never won an NFL game.
Old 01-02-2014   #14
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 147070 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I'm so glad the Bears took care of this early, if only because I did not want to hear Armchair GM constantly bring Cutler's name up as a QB for the Texans.

Cutler isn't terrible. He's better than Schaub when Schaub was good but I want this team to do better than that. I wouldn't give cutler that kind of money. I don't think he's worth it but the the bears problem now. I thought mccown played better than cutler and was a cheaper option.
Old 01-02-2014   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
Cutler isn't terrible. He's better than Schaub when Schaub was good but I want this team to do better than that. I wouldn't give cutler that kind of money. I don't think he's worth it but the the bears problem now. I thought mccown played better than cutler and was a cheaper option.
The idea was never for Cutler to be our future QB. If we signed him at all, he would only have been here for one year. We would have drafted a rookie QB. Cutler, the Rookie, & Case would compete for the starting job. Whoever wins, wins.

But we need a QB on this roster who has won in the NFL. Otherwise, imo, a competition between Keenum & the rookie is a competition between two of the lesser evils.

McNair said we're not rebuilding.

If we were able to sign Mallet for 4 years, we'd have a better chance at winning 10 games than taking a chance & just going with Bridgewater.
Old 01-02-2014   #16
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109428 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Biggest waste of money on an overrated QB since Flacco.
Flaccos accomplished more by far in the pros. (and I'm no Raven fan)

That deal is just LOL bad. Their funeral...

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #17
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102895 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
The idea was never for Cutler to be our future QB. If we signed him at all, he would only have been here for one year. We would have drafted a rookie QB. Cutler, the Rookie, & Case would compete for the starting job. Whoever wins, wins.

But we need a QB on this roster who has won in the NFL. Otherwise, imo, a competition between Keenum & the rookie is a competition between two of the lesser evils.

McNair said we're not rebuilding.

If we were able to sign Mallet for 4 years, we'd have a better chance at winning 10 games than taking a chance & just going with Bridgewater.
What exactly about Mallett's illustrious career of 1 completion in 4 attempts and a pick who was a third round pick, really makes you say with a straight face that he'd give us a better chance than the near unanimous thought of best QB in the draft? You are aware that rookies CAN take teams to the playoffs, right?

Also, why are people even wanting Mallett? Dude is stupid.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #18
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Way, way too much money for Cutler but I understand why Chicago felt they needed to lock him up. Good thing the deal is front loaded so they can release him in 3 years when he's not worth that money anymore (if he ever was).

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #19
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109428 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
What exactly about Mallett's illustrious career of 1 completion in 4 attempts and a pick who was a third round pick, really makes you say with a straight face that he'd give us a better chance than the near unanimous thought of best QB in the draft? You are aware that rookies CAN take teams to the playoffs, right?

Also, why are people even wanting Mallett? Dude is stupid.
Just the usual assumption that an association to Brady/Belichick automatically means success...

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #20
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126364 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Thank God they made this stupid move instead of us. Saves me from a couple more months of the Cutler to Houston stuff.
bah007 is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read