Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-01-2014   #181
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90752 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
This is pretty much what this board should stick to. The combined football IQ of 90% of the frequenters of TT would make them prime candidates to make a major football decision based on how the players girlfriend looked.
Or maybe you can look up two posts from that one which would help you wrap your mind around the fact that I was obviously joking.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014   #182
guichows6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Could you post all the subsequent inflammatory replies that you received on that site and save everyone a bunch of time.
I was actually waiting for some but havent got much yet. Got anymore?
Old 01-01-2014   #183
BigBull
Veteran

Rep Power: 8553 BigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichows6 View Post
No way. Maybe he has a little bit better pocket presence but thats not to say manziel doesn't have any. Besides Bridgewater had an extra year to improve. Manziel has pocket presence as well and very good at that. Bridgewater doesn't have the playmaking manziel has. As far as release, I think Bridgewater is slower tbh

It's not even close Teddy is far and away quicker with his release and has better pocket presence by a lot. I also add a more polished passer. Of corse all of this is just my opinion. JFF is the most exciting player in college football, but that doesn't mean he's the best qb as far as skill set.

Sent from the future...
BigBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014   #184
JRingo
Rookie

Rep Power: 1978 JRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Bortles!! Can't wait to watch him tonight.
X2. Me as well. Looks pretty good to me.
JRingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014   #185
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
JM is the CLEAR CUT best qb coming out of this draft and its not even close..

.....Johnny Manziel is the CLEAR CUT #1 OVERALL DRAFT CHOICE IN THIS YEARS DRAFT.

I posted this reply on another message board so I'm just going to be lazy n paste it here.
Old 01-01-2014   #186
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21559 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was actually waiting for some but havent got much yet. Got anymore?
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...reat-qb-in-nfl

Is that enough?
Old 01-01-2014   #187
JRingo
Rookie

Rep Power: 1978 JRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull View Post
Manziel is my favorite player in college football, but Bridgewater has a quicker release and better pocket presence.

Sent from the future...
Any opinions on Connor Shaw from SC?
JRingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014   #188
guichows6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
No.

Its a good article but as the end says, Manziel is the only other qb that can challenge Bridgewater for best qb in this draft.
Either way these two qb's will be playing against each other for a long time. Jax will take either of those two unless the browns trade with the redskins and scoop em up first. We need to make the right choice.
Old 01-01-2014   #189
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21559 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No.

Its a good article but as the end says, Manziel is the only other qb that can challenge Bridgewater for best qb in this draft.
Either way these two qb's will be playing against each other for a long time. Jax will take either of those two unless the browns trade with the redskins and scoop em up first. We need to make the right choice.
That's fair. I just want to temper the JFF is head and shoulders the best QB talk because it is not accurate. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.
Old 01-01-2014   #190
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 16277 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

The AFC South could very possibly turn out exciting to watch. Luck, Teddy with Texans, and Johnny with the Jags. Sorry Manziel fans, he's good but I don't see the Texans skipping on Bridgewater and rightfully so.

Edit: I forgot about Cleveland and Minny. I'm still hungover.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014   #191
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 48499 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Aside from this GF nonsense, do you dislike Bortles? If so please explain why?
I like Bortles. Just giving them a hard time about the girlfriend comment.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014   #192
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Blake Bortles looks terrible in the Fiesta Bowl against a mediocre defense. DO NOT WANT.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014   #193
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Rumor has it Ryan Mallett
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014   #194
BigBull
Veteran

Rep Power: 8553 BigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
Blake Bortles looks terrible in the Fiesta Bowl against a mediocre defense. DO NOT WANT.

All I know is I've watched him twice now and I think he is really raw. The other game was the UofH game that he didn't even throw a td in the entire game. I can see why some like him though with his size and his scrambling ability.

Sent from the future...
Old 01-01-2014   #195
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Rumor has it Ryan Mallett
Rumor? Link?
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014   #196
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Rumor? Link?
Just a Rumor that BOB said he has his eye on Ryan mallet already cuz he does not feel any QB's In the 1st round in this draft or does not feel any are worth a #1 pick
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014   #197
BigBull
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Just a Rumor that BOB said he has his eye on Ryan mallet already cuz he does not feel any QB's In the 1st round in this draft or does not feel any are worth a #1 pick

I wouldn't mind seeing Big Tex in a Texans uniform. Although I think you would still have to draft a qb by the 3rd or 4th round to compete with him.

Sent from the future...
Old 01-01-2014   #198
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 115966 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Bridgewater is the clearcut #1 at this point. He isn't an elite prospect like Luck or Manning coming out, but I would say he's in the Alex Smith, Aaron Rodgers, David Carr range (yes I know two of them were busts, it has nothing to do with the scouting process). He's smart, reads defenses extremely well, uses all of his receivers and goes through his progressions, has a strong arm, great footwork, quick release, great accuracy in the pocket or on the move, ran a pro style offense, and has great poise under pressure (among the best blitz beaters in college), great pocket presence and a high character type. There just isn't much to knock the guy for except size.

After him by a good margin is Derek Carr. He's the elite physical prospect in this class with the big gun, size and athleticism. Lazer Rocket Arm, good accuracy, experienced, makes good pre-snap adjustments after reading the defense, good football IQ and is a student of the game. Mostly played out of the shotgun and struggles when pressured.

I wouldn't look at the other QB prospects in the top 10. Manziel has the character of a turd, a wimpy arm, and his style of football is going to get him broken in half by the end of his first NFL game.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #199
Tolar's Ghost
Veteran

Rep Power: 2051 Tolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respected

McShay of ESPN projects the Texans taking Bridgewater at 1, Bortles going to Jax at 3, and Manziel to Cleve at 4.

Obviously, Bortles' stock is rising (quickly).
Tolar's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #200
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolar's Ghost View Post
McShay of ESPN projects the Texans taking Bridgewater at 1, Bortles going to Jax at 3, and Manziel to Cleve at 4.

Obviously, Bortles' stock is rising (quickly).
It would be awesome to see these guys practicing and competing at the Senior Bowl. That's one rule I would change even though it takes spots away from guys who stuck it out a full 4 years.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read