Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-01-2014   #501
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Ummm, nope.
Then you remember what kind of a prospect he was? There was talk that he had a questionable motor. (I didn't see it) He was more or less an after thought because of Bush and VY and not just around here. He was considered a top ten player.

Clowney is pretty much everyone's number one best player in this draft.
Old 01-01-2014   #502
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
Because prospects of Andrew Luck's caliber come along how often? Pretty sure most people were saying best prospect since John Elway. You really wanna suck that long before we gamble on a QB or just keep digging through the trash heap hoping to find that rare diamond a la the Cleveland Browns.
You sound like Jacksonville (Leftwich & Gabbert), Tennesee (Vince & Locker), & Minnesota (Ponder).

I have no problem gambling on a first round QB, but we've got to be smart about it.

Well before this draft "we" stated there was no QB worthy of the #1 pick, there was no "Luck" in this draft. But since we've been a lock for the #1 pick, all of a sudden Teddy Bridgewater is, & Boyd isn't worth a 1st round pick.

That doesn't sound very "smart" to me.
Old 01-01-2014   #503
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
Bruce smith has more heart to play football in his right pinky than Clowney has in his whole body. I dont want another Mario Williams or the Tracy Mcgrady of football.
Even though Mario proved to be the best player in that draft? Well, if that draft were done again at least he'd be considered among the top 10 of that draft where Vince, Lienart, & Bush would not.

Really?

Are you thinking about this stuff before you say it?
Old 01-01-2014   #504
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
If he's the best QB then it is a no brainer. I don't know much about these guys but hopefully one of these QBs will impress the Texans enough for the no. 1 overall pick.
Why?

Geno Smith was the best QB last season, should he have gone #1 overall?

It doesn't make sense to pass on players much better at their positions to pick the "best QB" in the class, just because you need a QB. If we were to get compensated to trade down & then pick said QB, sure. That makes sense. But to just take him at 1-1...... silly.
Old 01-01-2014   #505
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87952 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Then you remember what kind of a prospect he was? There was talk that he had a questionable motor. (I didn't see it) He was more or less an after thought because of Bush and VY and not just around here. He was considered a top ten player.

Clowney is pretty much everyone's number one best player in this draft.
Bush and Vy were clearly the guys with all the name recognition especially early in the draft process. Mario did get a lazy label but as the process went on and people began to figure out what a freak he was, his draft standing increased. There were people here aware of him that wanted him...just not many. I was on the bush wagon personally. At some point very late I decided i'd be content with whatever kubes picked. I wasn't upset with the mario pick at all...just shocked as hell they actually did it.
Old 01-01-2014   #506
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
You sound like Jacksonville (Leftwich & Gabbert), Tennesee (Vince & Locker), & Minnesota (Ponder).

I have no problem gambling on a first round QB, but we've got to be smart about it.

Well before this draft "we" stated there was no QB worthy of the #1 pick, there was no "Luck" in this draft. But since we've been a lock for the #1 pick, all of a sudden Teddy Bridgewater is, & Boyd isn't worth a 1st round pick.

That doesn't sound very "smart" to me.
To expand on this.

Jake Locker
Tyron Smith
Blaine Gabbert
JJ Watt
Christian Ponder
Nick Fairley
Robert Quinn
Mike Pouncey
Ryan Kerrigan
Nate Solder
Prince Amukamara
Gabe Carimi

& there's more. You can't tell me those teams wouldn't be better off had they not wasted 3 years picking a guy way too early. If they could have traded down they could have gotten a better talent, compensation, & their guy.

Without the trade, it only makes sense to take the better talent.

Even if there weren't a trade down, even if they couldn't trade back up, had no one taken a QB until Cincinnati with the third pick of the second round... maybe Cinci takes Locker, maybe San Fran takes Gabbert (surely not, but if those two truly graded that much better than Dalton & Kaepernick) then Tennessee would have had better QBs fall to them. Or they would have used a less expensive pick to get the same QB they ended up with (other than the fact that Jacksonville didn't have a 2nd round pick). & they wouldn't have wasted as much time to prove he was the right one, or they would have taken more time to prepare him.
Old 01-01-2014   #507
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Even though Mario proved to be the best player in that draft? Well, if that draft were done again at least he'd be considered among the top 10 of that draft where Vince, Lienart, & Bush would not.

Really?

Are you thinking about this stuff before you say it?
I never said that the Texans made the wrong choice in draft pick. Pay attention, will you. I am comparing mario to clowney. And just because the Texans picked mario over vince and reggie, it shouldnt influence them in one bit not to take bridgewster over clowney.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014   #508
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Care to extrapolate? Mario at 300 lbs did everything Clowney does. By virtue of being lighter he's faster than Mario, but not by much. Mario was bigger and stronger. I look at Clowney and he looks smallish, his play doesn't jump out and to tag him as generational is a reach. You're banking on what he could be vs what he is. Bad motor, questionable character. Just because his measurables are amazing doesn't mean he will be a great player. He doesn't have an inner fire like Watt, neither does Mario, but Mario has a better technical ability to split double teams and get to the QB. Just my two pennies.
Bad Motor? He didn't want to get hurt, mission accomplishe.

Character issues? Other than being a 20 yr old that likes to drive cars fast, what character issues does Clowney have?

Clowney is more of a quick twitch pass rusher than MW ever was will be. MW has more of a power game and feasts on TE/bad OT's for his sacks. Clowney is more like Peppers at this stage of his career than MW.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014   #509
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 28283 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Why crap on bridgewater b/c he's the guy we're most likely to pick?
That is EXACTLY why they crap on him. If the Texans had the 8th pick these guys would be having a connipition fit at the thought that the Texans wouldn't trade up to get him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Bottom line is that, IMO, there's no franchise QB in this draft.

Just like last year when I wanted to trade down to get more picks (including future picks, if possible) since I didn't really like any WR enough in the first.

We could have Keenan Allen as the second WR plus extras to trade back up or trade away for future picks.
Could have another TE like Fauria who only caught seven TD passes and another LB to groom like Zavier Gooden.

Or maybe trade back up to get a complete LB like Sio Moore or a RT like Bakthiari.

The QB corp next year and in 2015 look more interesting.
The guy that plays for BOB at Penn St, for example, had a higher grade than Jameis Winston out of high school, 88 to 84.
Who knows, that might be the guy he will look to bring here.

There are some interesting-looking high school seniors, too.
There's a guy who graded out at 84, same as Winston, that I really like.
He's about 6'3-6'4, 225-235lbs.
And he moves like Mariotta, except he's a white dude.
And he's only fifth at the position.
I will post a video of him later.

Then there's another guy who's about the same size.
Son of the HC at Pittsburg university.
Another member of his close family, I can't remember the relationship, is among the Niners coaching staff.
That guy looks to have the work ethic and the drive.

Then there's another guy who's even bigger, and can still move.

Let them spend their first round picks on this draft class.
We'll have more chances on the next 2-3 classes.

It's not a bad idea to plan ahead if you're a new HC.
Make sure you have a good O-line to protect your QB of the future first.
That way, he can step into a good situation.
I luv ya 76, but dayum, this post captures everything wrong with (hard working highly knowledgeable) draftniks (you) from the perspective of (ignorant) normal fan (me).

Early 2013:
Draftnik: the 2013 QBs all suck. Wait. until 2014, it will be awesome. Bridgewater, Manziel, Mariota, McCarreon, Murray, Boyd.

Fan: OK, sounds good. We only have pick 27 this year anyway.

Early 2014:
Draftnik: the 2014 QBs all suck. Wait until 2015. Winston, Petty, Hundley.
Fan: But we have the #1 pick this year! And Hundley can come out this year!
Draftnik: Hundley will suck if he comes out this year, but be awesome next year. Same for Bridgewater, Manziel, Mariota.
Fan: So we need to draft a RT and go 2-14 again?
Draftnik: of course.

Early 2015:
Draftnik: all the 2015 QBs suck. Wait til 2016. No screw that. This 7th grader in Bumville looks good, wait until 2023.
Fan: Errr, thanks for all the great info. Now I am going to jump in a time machine and go back to 2014 and use the #1 pick on Teddy Bridgewater.
Draftnik: No! You fool! I had him rated 0.0000001 lower than Matthews!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
LOL, Nice to meet you Captain Hindsight. I highly doubt you were banging the table for a busted up Keenan Allen last year that couldn't even work out at a combine. He was the biggest WR injury red flag coming out. The Chargers got themselves a damn steal with him.

LOL, what is your plan bro? To be the worst team in football for the next 3 years. You're something else man. That's awesome you're really doing your homework this far in advance, but the last thing I want is another head coach with a 6 year plan where we continue to lose in the worst division in football until then. Plus, I don't think a new HC will get that same liberty Kubes did and will likely be ousted by the time these potential, hopeful, future all stars possibly declare for the NFL.
That is the Draftnik plan. You must have the worst record every year, and then after 10 or 15 years you can draft Elway, P. Manning, or Luck. (Except the Colts will have the #1 pick that year).

Quote:
He's not 6'3"
He's probably not 6'3" but I bet he is 3" taller than 6'0" Manziel.
Old 01-01-2014   #510
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Ummm, nope.
Ditto
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014   #511
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17109 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
After watching Teddy Bridgewater -- who declared he intends to enter the 2014 NFL Draft on New Year's Day -- close out his career in superb fashion in the Russell Athletic Bowl, I'm not only convinced that he is a franchise player, but he is the crown jewel of the 2014 quarterback class. While I know that several anonymous scouts have reportedly voiced opinions counter to that assessment, I believe Bridgewater will be the next great quarterback to enter the NFL.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...reat-qb-in-nfl
Old 01-01-2014   #512
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Same guy (Bucky Brooks):

Quote:
Bridgewater put on a solid performance against Rutgers despite being slightly off his game. He didn't exhibit his trademark accuracy at all times, but it's easy to see his burgeoning potential as a franchise player. He is not only a superior passer with exceptional talent, but he has all of the football intelligence and intangibles needed to handle the tough situations that pop up in games. As a player, Bridgewater reminds me of Aaron Rodgers coming out of Cal (I gave Rodgers and Alex Smith bottom-of-the-first-round grades in the 2005 draft when I covered the West Coast for the Carolina Panthers). He is slightly built with a strong arm and extraordinary mental traits. If he continues to progress on his current path, there is no reason why he should not excel at the next level as a franchise quarterback.
FWIW, I agree with him. Bridgewater should be given a late first round draft grade.
Old 01-01-2014   #513
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Rep Power: 17109 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Same guy (Bucky Brooks):

FWIW, I agree with him. Bridgewater should be given a late first round draft grade.
Your cherry picking abilities are impressive. At least they can drown out your lack of football knowledge.

I give the guy an article hot off the press and this genius goes back in time. LOL

Texans Talk sure has a lot of ex NFL players and scouts yall should start your own blog and get paid for the level of expertise. Lol.

Just give me another "red" with a cute comment and go about your day I'm thinking everything in this post is within the TOS so you shouldn't have to cry to a Mod.
Old 01-01-2014   #514
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Your cherry picking abilities are impressive. At least they can drown out your lack of football knowledge.

I give the guy an article hot off the press and this genius goes back in time. LOL

Texans Talk sure has a lot of ex NFL players and scouts yall should start your own blog and get paid for the level of expertise. Lol.

Just give me another "red" with a cute comment and go about your day I'm thinking everything in this post is within the TOS so you shouldn't have to cry to a Mod.
Yeah, I cherry picked his CONCLUSION. Here, maybe this will help:

Quote:
While some observers likely walked away from the game disappointed in Bridgewater's output, the fact that he was able to make critical plays in the clutch despite being off his game says a lot about his poise and confidence under pressure.

Conclusion

Bridgewater put on a solid performance against Rutgers despite being slightly off his game. He didn't exhibit his trademark accuracy at all times, but it's easy to see his burgeoning potential as a franchise player. He is not only a superior passer with exceptional talent, but he has all of the football intelligence and intangibles needed to handle the tough situations that pop up in games. As a player, Bridgewater reminds me of Aaron Rodgers coming out of Cal (I gave Rodgers and Alex Smith bottom-of-the-first-round grades in the 2005 draft when I covered the West Coast for the Carolina Panthers). He is slightly built with a strong arm and extraordinary mental traits. If he continues to progress on his current path, there is no reason why he should not excel at the next level as a franchise quarterback.
And you crying about me going to mods is crap because I have never once reported you to the mods. I just leave you a neg that appropriately explains why your post, presentation, and pretty much existence on this board is not welcome.
Old 01-01-2014   #515
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Yawn.

Just post some articles from more "respected" sources. You know, professionals who substantiate your "4-5 better QBs" or this gem "2nd round talent"

Your opinions make me laugh.

McShay says Teddy will be first overall pick, but what does he know right? Lol.
Old 01-01-2014   #516
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Yawn.

Just post some articles from more "respected" sources. You know, professionals who substantiate your "4-5 better QBs" or this gem "2nd round talent"

Your opinions make me laugh.

McShay says Teddy will be first overall pick, but what does he know right? Lol.
Hey, you're the one who posted an article from a "respected" source, so I just used your same source. Maybe he's just wishy washy.
Old 01-01-2014   #517
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Hey, you're the one who posted an article from a "respected" source, so I just used your same source. Maybe he's just wishy washy.
You used something from 3 months ago!! So draft stock doesn't rise and fall?

That's what the quotation marks were for, since Brooks is a quack qnd doesnr know what hes talking about direct me in the direction of someone who does, ill listen. Preferably recent mmmkay.
Old 01-01-2014   #518
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
You used something from 3 months ago!! So draft stock doesn't rise and fall?

That's what the quotation marks were for, since Brooks is a quack qnd doesnr know what hes talking about direct me in the direction of someone who does, ill listen. Preferably recent mmmkay.
Sure it does. And I'm OK with people thinking Bridgewater's stock has risen. I just don't think he's worth the #1 overall pick. Crazy opinion, I know. Except, "respected sources" have thought the same thing. The fact that they've evolved on their position doesn't mean that their former opinions are now crazy, ignorant, or any other derogatory term you want to throw out.

I think Bridgewater is not worth the #1 overall pick, and if he were coming out next year, 3-4 QBs would be ranked ahead of him by these so called "respected sources". People don't have to agree with me. I'm not being particularly combative about it. But if someone wants to insult me because I hold that opinion, then that pretty much makes them a jackass and I don't mind taking them to task for being one. I have never attacked anyone's post for thinking that Bridgewater is worth y of the #1 pick. I just disagree. I have attacked YOUR posts because you are evidently incapable of having a civilized discussion with anyone who holds an opinion counter to yours. And it's not just me. You're that way to damn near everyone that disagrees with you.

So with all that, back to Bridgewater. I don't think he's worth the #1 overall pick, but it's a weak draft year. So if he goes #1, I'll pick up the pom poms and cheer him on. But I don't have the same optimism that he'll succeed that I did for guys like Luck and Wilson. But hey, I wasn't high on RGIII or Kaep, so it's not like I'm infallible.
Old 01-01-2014   #519
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Bridgewater at #1. Y'all know that. I've said why I like him.

Can someone who disagrees please just tell me what it is that they don't like besides that they just don't think he is worth the top pick? Please? That's the only thing I ever see. What is it that you see that makes you think that?

We all have differing opinions from time to time. There are a lot of posters on here who have opinions that I respect, even when we disagree. I just wish somebody would give me something beyond "he just isn't worth the top pick" or "he's the third best QB". Why is he the third best? Who is better and why?

This thread has just become pro Bridgewater folks and anti Bridgewater folks throwing rocks at each other.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014   #520
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I like Bridgewater at #1. Y'all know that. I've said why I like him.

Can someone who disagrees please just tell me what it is that they don't like besides that they just don't think he is worth the top pick? Please? That's the only thing I ever see. What is it that you see that makes you think that?

We all have differing opinions from time to time. There are a lot of posters on here who have opinions that I respect, even when we disagree. I just wish somebody would give me something beyond "he just isn't worth the top pick" or "he's the third best QB". Why is he the third best? Who is better and why?

This thread has just become pro Bridgewater folks and anti Bridgewater folks throwing rocks at each other.
I think there are better prospects at their respective positions than Bridgewater. Even if I thought Bridgewater was the best QB prospect in this draft, I don't think he's a better QB prospect than Barr is a pass rush OLB prospect, for example. I don't think he's a better QB prospect than Matthews is a tackle prospect, for example. So really, it boils down to two types of people, to me - those who think he is a better QB prospect than those guys are prospects at their positions, and those who think Bridgewater has to be the pick just because he's the best QB and the Texans need a QB. Personally, I absolutely reject the latter argument. If someone thinks that Bridgewater is the #1 prospect in the draft irrespective of position, we can have that debate, and I'm open to hearing it. But for people who are hung up on the position, I just think that's a way to set your franchise back 4 years. I still am haunted by David Carr, sorry. The worst thing that can happen is you draft a guy like David Carr or Alex Smith and spend years trying to figure out how much is him, how much is coaching, how much is the OL, how much is scheme, etc. It's better to get JaMarcus Russell. Then at least you know to cut your losses and move on. Of course, it's best to get a franchise guy.

JMO, as alway, but I am a BPA guy.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read