Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-01-2014   #161
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36122 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
After seeing Blake Bortles' girlfriend, I think he is the QB for us.
Exactly. He must have a ton of confidence. link
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014   #162
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm on board with this. Or Manziel/McCarron's girlfriend.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014   #163
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 13608 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

I look forward to Teddy being drafted and fitting the bill because some of the ideas you guys have should be illegal. 2015 QBs, Cutler, Cassel, Keenum, guys that just had ACLs.. WTF is wrong with y'all?

And the things people will say to downplay Teddy. Incredible.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014   #164
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Im I'm looking forward to watching Bortles and see what the hype is about. Petty to me is a system guy I think anyone who runs the Briles/Sumlin offense will have big numbers.
Have you seen Petty play? Superb arm strength, really good mobility, appears to be a smart kid, great tough and accuracy.

Petty would be my #1 QB in this yrs draft.
Old 01-01-2014   #165
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am just chucking this one out there so lets not go crazy for the suggestion, but the rams are due to pay Sam Bradford $14 million next year but receive no cap hit if they cut him.

They have the chance to draft Johnny Football for a significant cap saving.

Should the Texans take a look at Bradford if he becomes available?
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014   #166
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36122 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
I am just chucking this one out there so lets not go crazy for the suggestion, but the rams are due to pay Sam Bradford $14 million next year but receive no cap hit if they cut him.

Only if he's a short term solution while we're waiting for the #1 pick to develop.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014   #167
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17109 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Have you seen Petty play? Superb arm strength, really good mobility, appears to be a smart kid, great tough and accuracy.

Petty would be my #1 QB in this yrs draft.
I think he has skills obviously, and Briles has said he's the best QB he's ever coached which carries a lot of weight with me since I respect Briles as a coach immensely. With all that said, I value a college QB who is already familiar with pro style offenses, is more polished and ready to start right away, spread QBs are getting eaten for lunch in the NFL.
Old 01-01-2014   #168
guichows6
Rookie

JM is the CLEAR CUT best qb coming out of this draft and its not even close..heck, he might be just as good a prospect as Andrew Luck was and it seems NOBODY sees it. Why is this?? This is the most underrated guy coming out this year. The only reason he isn't the BEST prospect since...nobody, is because he isn't 6'4..THATS IT. You read that right. That is the only true reason. If he was 6'4 doing the things he does he would be an Andrew Luck/Michael Vick best of both worlds combination and everybody in the sports world would peg him as the next surefire HOF qb. The thing is he still is, except he's not 6'4.
Now, I understand he does have his cons like any other qb but they are also correctable.

Cons: 1)Runs too much...that's adjustable.
2)Holds ball with one hand while scrambling and running...thats adjustable
3) Off field issues....umm not really, im sure you have done worse.
4)...anything else?

Ok now the pros.
Pros:
1) Extremely high football IQ
2) Very passionate about the game, True leader
3)Clutch and a Winner
4) Strong arm, accurate passer,pocket presence when there is protection, Field Vision
5) Masterful footwork, scrambling ability only few have, extremely shifty and quick, human highlight
6) Best stats ive ever seen for a two year starter in college.
7) IT
8) extremely underrated

The only thing that has everyone blind and worried is his height. His frame isn't even fully matured yet. How old is he like 20!? Hes going to get alot thicker the next few years. He is only going to get better. Much much better. Dont compare him to Young, Vick, Tebow, etc. This guy is more like Russell Wilson on steroids (excuse the saying) . Bill O Brien if you see this, please make the right choice. Johnny Football is the TRUTH.

And just so its out there, Im not even an A&M fan. I didn't even watch the bowl game last night. He'll I was on the Bridgewater bandwagon before I did some research on this drafts qb's this past week.
Well fast forward to today Jan1 2014 and I see the light.

Johnny Manziel is the CLEAR CUT #1 OVERALL DRAFT CHOICE IN THIS YEARS DRAFT.

I posted this reply on another message board so I'm just going to be lazy n paste it here.
Old 01-01-2014   #169
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17109 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Could you post all the subsequent inflammatory replies that you received on that site and save everyone a bunch of time.
Old 01-01-2014   #170
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 97647 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichows6 View Post
JM is the CLEAR CUT best qb coming out of this draft and its not even close..
Oh look, an Aggie.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014   #171
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 27500 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Oh look, an Aggie.
But he said he wasn't.. I on the other hand... Bleed Maroon, and no way do I use my 1.1 for JFF... Later in the round maybe.
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014   #172
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34103 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is pretty much what this board should stick to. The combined football IQ of 90% of the frequenters of TT would make them prime candidates to make a major football decision based on how the players girlfriend looked.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014   #173
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
This is pretty much what this board should stick to. The combined football IQ of 90% of the frequenters of TT would make them prime candidates to make a major football decision based on how the players girlfriend looked.
Probably be about as right as your stellar analysis.
Old 01-01-2014   #174
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88648 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Aside from this GF nonsense, do you dislike Bortles? If so please explain why?
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014   #175
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post

I was thinking about Bradford this morning. Would be a good 2 year band aid.
Old 01-01-2014   #176
guichows6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Oh look, an Aggie.
Not at all. In fact I'm not much of a college guy. With simple research you can come to the same conclusion. Who does what better than Manziel? Maybe they can grow better, but thats about it. JM does it all.
Old 01-01-2014   #177
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
I think he has skills obviously, and Briles has said he's the best QB he's ever coached which carries a lot of weight with me since I respect Briles as a coach immensely. With all that said, I value a college QB who is already familiar with pro style offenses, is more polished and ready to start right away, spread QBs are getting eaten for lunch in the NFL.
Fair enough
Old 01-01-2014   #178
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

The only thing Bridgewater has over Manziel is height. If Manziel had Bridgewater's height, no one would be talking about the glove man. I would take Manziel over TB with the first overall pick.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014   #179
BigBull
Veteran

Rep Power: 3761 BigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
The only thing Bridgewater has over Manziel is height. If Manziel had Bridgewater's height, no one would be talking about the glove man. I would take Manziel over TB with the first overall pick.

Manziel is my favorite player in college football, but Bridgewater has a quicker release and better pocket presence.

Sent from the future...
BigBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014   #180
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
But he said he wasn't.. I on the other hand... Bleed Maroon, and no way do I use my 1.1 for JFF... Later in the round maybe.
We throw this thought process around a lot on grabbing a player later in the round, but if this is the QB you believe in to take your team to the next level, why do you need to wait? If a player is a wasted pick at 1 or 15, they are still wasted.

I believe JM is the best college player at any position, but does that translate into a great NFL player, not always. I would embrace JM at #1 if after evaluations on something outside of height he still looks like the best QB.

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read