Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-31-2013   #461
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I guess we have a different definition of UNDESPUTED. and I'm not crapping on the guy. I'm fine with drafting him if after the process he turns out to be worthy of The pick. I'm just trying to keep an open mind. There is a lot of time left to make this decision. And Clowney is a better prospect than Smith was. Mathews shouldn't even go top 10.
Ok sub smith out for lawrence taylor...regardless, no prospect we pick at # 1 overall in this draft projects to be in that super duper prospect range. We just need to make sure we dont miss with the pick...and imo, bridgewater is the closest to that.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013   #462
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

All of these arguments about him being the undisputed best QB in this class are premature. There are more evaluations to come and QB's especially are volatile. Right now, I think he's the best but the gap between him and the next 2 or 3 might not be as large as to say from 3 to 4 or 5.

Again though, there are more measurements and evaluations to come and many can rise and fall throughout this process. I have a feeling Teddy is going to still come out of this being the best or 2nd best QB in the draft, and I think if he comes out the best QB, he really should be the pick.
Old 12-31-2013   #463
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Sadly he will not be playing our secondary. I'm sure he'd love to tear up some Brice McCain but he'll have to settle for doing it in practice (but hopefully not for long).
Do you think that all the QBs who play the Texans chip in a couple of bucks and send McCain a gift basket at the end of the season?
Old 12-31-2013   #464
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

If Manziel declares he's headed for the NFL & the national media starts talking about him being possibly the best QB prospect... would that be because they're all from Texas?
Old 12-31-2013   #465
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
LOL, Nice to meet you Captain Hindsight. I highly doubt you were banging the table for a busted up Keenan Allen last year that couldn't even work out at a combine. He was the biggest WR injury red flag coming out. The Chargers got themselves a damn steal with him.

LOL, what is your plan bro? To be the worst team in football for the next 3 years. You're something else man. That's awesome you're really doing your homework this far in advance, but the last thing I want is another head coach with a 6 year plan where we continue to lose in the worst division in football until then. Plus, I don't think a new HC will get that same liberty Kubes did and will likely be ousted by the time these potential, hopeful, future all stars possibly declare for the NFL.
You can either ask people around here in this college forum, or you can go back and check all the old threads.

How I worked the WR prospects last year.
It wasn't hindsight.
I began working on it even before the college season started.

Just because you don't follow college and high school football doesn't mean that the rest of us didn't.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013   #466
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

You also said Keenum was the best QB of his class, Luck included. Point is, no one here is an expert at predicting the future and can say there are no franchise QBs, etc in this draft.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013   #467
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Say....

If we draft Bridgewater, do you think the Colts fans are going to be saying, "Damn..... we gotta face Bridgewater twice a year."
Old 01-01-2014   #468
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Say....

If we draft Bridgewater, do you think the Colts fans are going to be saying, "Damn..... we gotta face Bridgewater twice a year."
They would if they see Manziel on the other side...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014   #469
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Say....

We have the best defensive player in the league...i doubt they say "damn, we have to face JJ Watt twice a year..."....at the end of the day its about the team and if we can build 1 thats gonna give them hell every year, thats what we need to focus on...

If Bridgewater is a key cog in that, he's the right pick
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014   #470
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

I took a peek at their board.

Quote:
Brent71, on 29 Dec 2013 - 10:01 PM, said:
Who the Texans pick could be a pretty big deal for the Colts to keep winning the South. So who do you think would be a bust ? I hope they take Bridgewater.
ricker182, on 29 Dec 2013 - 10:26 PM, said:
As long as they don't trade a later pick for Cousins idc. Cousins is GOAT!

WastedColt, on 29 Dec 2013 - 11:00 PM, said:
I hope they take Manziel or Bridgewater. I honestly see them both as career backups. They could also take Clowney, that kind of failing work ethic has bust written all over it.

I really just hope that the Texans can't get an RG3 type of deal where some * gives them several years of high draft picks for a mediocre player
Old 01-01-2014   #471
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
You also said Keenum was the best QB of his class, Luck included. Point is, no one here is an expert at predicting the future and can say there are no franchise QBs, etc in this draft.
I would be a dumbass to say such a thing.

What I did say is that if you think a guy can be a starting QB of your team than you need to consider him.

All the while, you also need to consider the shortcoming of a prospect.

Why is that that I wanted the Texans to take both Wilson and Keenum?
Neither garner good-great praises.
You had Schaub and Yates.
You want to plan ahead and find out if one of these under rated players can add to your plan going forward.

You need to have a long term, continuous goal for your team.

Fact: Keenum leapfrogged Yates in the pecking order.
Old 01-01-2014   #472
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
ricker182, on 29 Dec 2013 - 10:26 PM, said:
As long as they don't trade a later pick for Cousins idc. Cousins is GOAT!

Yea, because I want the Texans to make their decision based on the opinions of these people. Someone on their board also compared Bridgewater to Geno Smith. You are taking reaching to a whole new stratosphere lol.
Old 01-01-2014   #473
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
We could have Keenan Allen as the second WR plus extras to trade back up or trade away for future picks.
Could have another TE like Fauria who only caught seven TD passes and another LB to groom like Zavier Gooden.
This kind of argument is never productive, and basically relies purely on hindsight.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014   #474
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Well, you thought he was worth a 1st round pick and in your own words, "Another inch or inch and a half and some ten-fifteen more pounds of muscle, and I would take him over Luck and RGIII any day."

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...&postcount=369

Fact is the draft is a crapshoot and much of these prospect's success will rely heavily on the coaching they receive at the NFL level. Coach BOB, if as good as the Texans brass believes he is, can make a franchise QB out of Bridgewater, Bortles, Manziel or whatever prospect they decide to hitch their wagon to.
Old 01-01-2014   #475
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Yea, because I want the Texans to make their decision based on the opinions of these people
Not exactly.

But there was a totally different atmosphere here when they had the #1 pick. None of us was "hoping" they would draft Luck. Most of us were "upset" because it was generally accepted there was a high probability he would be a franchise QB.

Not so much with Bridgewater.

Yeah, some of us are smitten with Manziel & because of that may be blind to his shortcomings & weaknesses.

At the same time, I think the #1 overall have some people drunk on "the best" QB prospect in the draft. & because of our need are overvaluing Bridgewater.

He should not be valued any more than Manziel. If Manziel isn't worth the #1 pick, Bridgewater isn't. At the very least, Bridgewater can't warrant a #1 overall grade & Manziel not warrant a top 10 pick.
Old 01-01-2014   #476
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
This kind of argument is never productive, and basically relies purely on hindsight.
Obviously, you and I are entitled to our own opinions.
I just stated mine and you, yours.
We are not expecting to accomplish anything here, are we?
Old 01-01-2014   #477
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Well, you thought he was worth a 1st round pick and in your own words, "Another inch or inch and a half and some ten-fifteen more pounds of muscle, and I would take him over Luck and RGIII any day."

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...&postcount=369

Fact is the draft is a crapshoot and much of these prospect's success will rely heavily on the coaching they receive at the NFL level. Coach BOB, if as good as the Texans brass believes he is, can make a franchise QB out of Bridgewater, Bortles, Manziel or whatever prospect they decide to hitch their wagon to.
But he wasn't an inch and a half taller nor does he has fifteen more pounds of good muscle . I would take a good back up QB with a third round pick
easily. The same argument goes, because it is the most important position on the team.
Old 01-01-2014   #478
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 11m

RT @McMurphyESPN: Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater has decided to enter NFL Draft source told @espn
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014   #479
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Not exactly.

But there was a totally different atmosphere here when they had the #1 pick. None of us was "hoping" they would draft Luck. Most of us were "upset" because it was generally accepted there was a high probability he would be a franchise QB.

Not so much with Bridgewater.

Yeah, some of us are smitten with Manziel & because of that may be blind to his shortcomings & weaknesses.

At the same time, I think the #1 overall have some people drunk on "the best" QB prospect in the draft. & because of our need are overvaluing Bridgewater.

He should not be valued any more than Manziel. If Manziel isn't worth the #1 pick, Bridgewater isn't. At the very least, Bridgewater can't warrant a #1 overall grade & Manziel not warrant a top 10 pick.

Because prospects of Andrew Luck's caliber come along how often? Pretty sure most people were saying best prospect since John Elway. You really wanna suck that long before we gamble on a QB or just keep digging through the trash heap hoping to find that rare diamond a la the Cleveland Browns.
Old 01-01-2014   #480
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
But he wasn't an inch and a half taller nor does he has fifteen more pounds of good muscle . I would take a good back up QB with a third round pick
easily. The same argument goes, because it is the most important position on the team.

The difference between Luck and Keenum's ability to play QB in the NFL isn't an inch and a half in height and 15 pounds.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read