Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-31-2013   #581
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans interested in Bill O'Brien

all hail our future super bowl winning coach

all jokes aside welcome coach hopefully your stay is a long and fruitful one for everyone
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013   #582
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

*skeet skeet skeet*
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013   #583
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
*skeet skeet skeet*
Lol
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013   #584
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
I might as well go ahead and get this out of the way, Gary Kubiak is a better offensive mind than Bill O'Brien.
Gary circa 2010 maybe, but the NFL caught up with the West Coast, ZBS, Scripted Offense. Today's NFL requires something new. I liked Gary and wanted it to work, I held on too long, but I wish him the best. I'm going to throw my support behind the 3rd HC of the Texans, besides 3rd times a charge!
Old 12-31-2013   #585
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 151960 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
I might as well go ahead and get this out of the way, Gary Kubiak is a better offensive mind than Bill O'Brien.
I think Bill will give his QB much more control at the LOS and play faster .
Old 12-31-2013   #586
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 112924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013   #587
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

So is there any word on if he will be bringing any of his penny state coaches with him? I really hope he hires quality assistants.
Old 12-31-2013   #588
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30851 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm actually excited to have his family in town as well. He has a great family. But the fact of the matter is I think he can win here. And call me crazy he just might, MIGHT be able to get something out of Schaub for one year.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013   #589
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217648 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
So we should have gone with Lovie?

Damn.... actually, since the Texans have yet to even announce a press conference, perhaps there is still hope.
I was answering the question not stating a preference. I'm fine with O'Brien.

And I see on NFLN that it's apparently official! Yay!
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013   #590
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 151960 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I'm actually excited to have his family in town as well. He has a great family. But the fact of the matter is I think he can win here. And call me crazy he just might, MIGHT be able to get something out of Schaub for one year.
Schaub's issues are as much physical as mental . Cant fix weak arm and slow .
Old 12-31-2013   #591
msbbc833
Veteran

Rep Power: 577 msbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hope this turns out good. Really a lot of people are on the fence about this hire. However I'm sure McNair has done his due diligence, it seems each coach has been better than the previous one in our short history.
msbbc833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013   #592
cameronkrazie86
Veteran

Rep Power: 90 cameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respected

Cool, good hire. Outside of Cowher or Gruden, O'Brien was my hope for the job. Look forward to seeing how the QB develops under his guidance, whoever the QB may be.
cameronkrazie86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013   #593
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude was NE's qb coach for a long time....he knows how to handle young qbs....im excited b/c our next qb will be in good hands...
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013   #594
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 56411 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope that the agreement between McNair and O'Brien wasn't that O'Brien could work with Schaub alah Kubiak with Carr

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Pickspatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013   #595
corytx8
Veteran

Rep Power: 3622 corytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...each-agreement

It's offical
corytx8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013   #596
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
I hope that the agreement between McNair and O'Brien was that O'Brien could work with Schaub alah Kubiak with Carr
Why the hell would you hope that? You wanting another year of suck? FK that!
Old 12-31-2013   #597
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

McNair got his man. I hope he turns out to be the coach that can turn this franchise into a dynasty. I'm good with O'Brien. Hopefully a good staff will follow.
Old 12-31-2013   #598
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30851 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Schaub's issues are as much physical as mental . Cant fix weak arm and slow .
Sorry, think its the vodka and positive feelings talking.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013   #599
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
I hope that the agreement between McNair and O'Brien was that O'Brien could work with Schaub alah Kubiak with Carr
WTF! I would rather the Texans take Bridgewater or Bortles #1..
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013   #600
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 56411 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Why the hell would you hope that? You wanting another year of suck? FK that!
I meant wasn't. Freaking auto correct on IPhone

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Pickspatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read