Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-31-2013   #101
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
A lot of them this year, actually.
Name them and claim 'em. I am very disappointed in this year's crop as far as starting material. Some are LTs only like Kouandijo and others will have a NFL career as guards. Antonio Richardson could move to RT and maybe survive but imo would not beat out Newton. JuWuan James is only pure right tackle that could start day one. I also am interested in Moses but think he needs a year unless we go to a pure power O.

I think many are going to be surprised if Newton comes back 100% healthy.

Cyril Richardson now a OG would thrive at RT imo but would probably be day one starter replacing Smith if selected.

Old 12-31-2013   #102
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Honestly......... sounds like he's talking about Case Keenum.

I have a feeling we're going to be in for a long, long season. Or short, depending when you decide to check out.
I was just saying in the college football forum that BOB might just target his own boy at Penn St.
After all, the guy graded out higher than Jaimeis Winston (out of highschool).

So a vet with a 2-yr contract isn't far-fetch.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013   #103
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Here's a story of a man named ____ ?
Jed a poor Mountaineer that barely kept his family fed..
I love that guy and his niece even more. Did not know he was a QB but hey
Old 12-31-2013   #104
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Name them and claim 'em. I am very disappointed in this year's crop as far as starting material. Some are LTs only like Kouandijo and others will have a NFL career as guards. Antonio Richardson could move to RT and maybe survive but imo would not beat out Newton. JuWuan James is only pure right tackle that could start day one. I also am interested in Moses but think he needs a year unless we go to a pure power O.

Cyril Richardson now a OG would thrive at RT imo but would probably be day one starter replacing Smith if selected.

whereabout does Richardson rate?
I'd like to trade down to get him and trade away for a future pick, or two.
Take a RT in the second or early third.
I would build an O-line and trade away for as many future picks as possible for the next franchise QB either next year or in 2015.
BOB has a bit of a leeway as a new HC, and the QB pipe looks stronger down the road.
Old 12-31-2013   #105
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105102 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

If Cedric Ogbuehi was coming out from A&M this season I would take him in the second no questions asked (depending on how the draft has shaken out to that point). Lots of talent there. Oggie will likely stay to showcase his talents at LT much like Mathews got to move to LT after Joeckel left.
Old 12-31-2013   #106
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
whereabout does Richardson rate?
I'd like to trade down to get him and trade away for a future pick, or two.
Take a RT in the second or early third.
I would build an O-line and trade away for as many future picks as possible for the next franchise QB either next year or in 2015.
BOB has a bit of a leeway as a new HC, and the QB pipe looks stronger down the road.
Late first but imo LT only
Old 12-31-2013   #107
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
If Cedric Ogbuehi was coming out from A&M this season I would take him in the second no questions asked (depending on how the draft has shaken out to that point). Lots of talent there. Oggie will likely stay to showcase his talents at LT much like Mathews got to move to LT after Joeckel left.
Agreed but smarter to do a Matthews and grade up
Old 12-31-2013   #108
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We have the off-season now.
Would you care to go through each of his pass attempts while I go through each of the opponent QBs' pass attempts (and Schaub's for that matter), to validate your claim?
That claim is validated by the fact that HHWNBM could complete 72% of his passes in this same offense in his first year playing in it while Keenum cant top 60% after two full seasons.

He made some plays no doubt but the majority were when the defense broke down and he escaped pressure. He seldom made the routine plays that move the sticks.

Plain and simple , Keenum couldn't read pre snap nor post snap defenses. Go back and check every play if you like .... You'll see how many easy throws he didn't make.

Keenum would have been a great story ..... but this one has no Hollywood ending.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013   #109
76Texan
Hall of Fame

This should go into the college football forum, but just a head-up, google for "Jacob Park football". There are quite a few videos on this high school senior who was named Mr S. Car football.

There's a highlight clip of him as a Jr in highschool.

Looks like a cross between Luck/RG III/Wilson.

He's listed at 6'4 but may be 6'3.
I saw him between 208-235 (I gues it depends on the time when it was listed.)

And he's only rated between 5-9 at his position.
He makes moves that even Luck can't pull off.
And his arm is already really good, considering the tape was for his Junior year in HS.

The future pipe is looking good.
Old 12-31-2013   #110
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
That claim is validated by the fact that HHWNBM could complete 72% of his passes in this same offense in his first year playing in it while Keenum cant top 60% after two full seasons.

He made some plays no doubt but the majority were when the defense broke down and he escaped pressure. He seldom made the routine plays that move the sticks.

Plain and simple , Keenum couldn't read pre snap nor post snap defenses. Go back and check every play if you like .... You'll see how many easy throws he didn't make.

Keenum would have been a great story ..... but this one has no Hollywood ending.
I did check every play many times both for the Texans QBs as well as the opponents.

QBs will miss a read here and there, especially first time starters.

Carr's rookie completion pct was 52.5, AYA was 4.7, which means a lot of dinks and dunks.
His 2006 numbers were 68.3, and 5.5, but that was his fifth year in the NFL, all as starter. He threw for 11 TDs and 12 INTs.

Case's numbers read 54.2, and 6.6, 9 TDs and 6 INTs.
(Including the bounced-off INT.)

So which numbers do you like ?
Old 12-31-2013   #111
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Jed a poor Mountaineer that barely kept his family fed..
I love that guy and his niece even more. Did not know he was a QB but hey
Come listen to a story about a man name Jed or Phil .
Old 12-31-2013   #112
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

If Hundley is coming out from UCLA, I am looking at him very closely...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013   #113
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

So which numbers do you like ?
HWWNBM's numbers his first year in Kubiak's offense. Clearly better than those of Keenum this year at least in terms of completion percentage and extending drives.

My point was that BOTH of them SUCK at playing QB in the NFL.

If you went back and watched every play from Keenum this season , you'd realize the facts - He cant read an NFL defense. He didn't just miss a read here and there .... He missed the routine plays. He had no clue about protection scheme's either ... overload on one side (not a blitz) and he couldn't make the hot read and get rid of the ball.

Yeah , he made a few plays when he escaped pressure .... but those were few and far between once defenses realized all they had to do was blitz him ... those pretty much went the way of the Dodo.

I had high hopes for Keenum at one time too ..... but they were unrealistic. I'm glad he got his shot but its over , other than maybe as a backup.

Old 12-31-2013   #114
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

unless BOB AKA bill o brein who I will now call BOB from now on

unless he sees something I don't see a Franchise QB in this draft so I would trade down or just use the pick on DEF

then I guess has of right now we would be stuck with whoever is the cheapest QB we have right now IDK if that's Keenum or Scahub or yates
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013   #115
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post

then I guess has of right now we would be stuck with whoever is the cheapest QB we have right now IDK if that's Keenum or Scahub or yates
None of those guy's are options to start for this team next season .... its either a FA (Probably not Cutler as he'll cost too much) or an early draft pick.

Old 12-31-2013   #116
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, after watching Bridgewater in his bowl game, and after watching the Chick-Fil-A Bowl . . . I would say if they can't trade down, and are stuck with 1.1, . .

. . . I would roll the dice with Manziel. His passion, his mobility, but above else, that quick release, pretty much has me sold.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014   #117
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if Rosenfails is healthy yet?
Old 01-01-2014   #118
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
None of those guy's are options to start for this team next season .... its either a FA (Probably not Cutler as he'll cost too much) or an early draft pick.
why are none of these guys options its not like we are making the playoffs next season so yeah

I for one say we should keep Matt if it saves us money
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014   #119
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Bring McCown home
The Bearkat in me wouldnt be opposed to that in the least bit.
Old 01-01-2014   #120
Borowicz50
Kingsville, TX

Rep Power: 0 Borowicz50 is a quality contributor and well respectedBorowicz50 is a quality contributor and well respectedBorowicz50 is a quality contributor and well respectedBorowicz50 is a quality contributor and well respectedBorowicz50 is a quality contributor and well respectedBorowicz50 is a quality contributor and well respectedBorowicz50 is a quality contributor and well respectedBorowicz50 is a quality contributor and well respectedBorowicz50 is a quality contributor and well respectedBorowicz50 is a quality contributor and well respectedBorowicz50 is a quality contributor and well respected

I personally like the idea of taking OT Jake Matthews tackle from Texas A&M & solidifying the offensive line which was another big problem this year. He can begin life as the RT & when Duane Brown gets older or begins to break down can eventually take over that slot & they would switch at that point.

This would enable us to take a QB in the second round basically best available but he will have a solid line in front of him that will aid in the running & passing game as opposed to picking a QB in the first round & then having no run game on the right side nor protection either.

I would be fine with the QBs looking to go in the second round such as A.J. McCarron or someone who may slip out of the first round. This type of philosophy sets up better in all facets as our running backs & QB are better & we may even consider trading a 3rd rounder to Washington for Kirk Cousins. We have tons of options but I feel the safer pick & the best for any team is to always develop the offensive & defensive lines. Jadavian Clowney is great but too many off the field issues & a lack of motor on the field makes him feel less JJ Watt more Mario Williams.

my 2 cents
Borowicz50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read