Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-14-2013   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bortles vs Hundley

If you have actually watched both players, I'd be interested in your point of view and compare the two and how each would fit in our offense as it is today.
Old 12-16-2013   #2
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bortles vs Hundley

Those folks that are high on Hundley, Josh Freeman will be a free agent at the end of the year. (scary thought)
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013   #3
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hundley is reportedly returning for his junior year.

As for the comparison, Bortles is much more refined as a passer than Hundley. Hundley is a better athlete and that's why people rave about his potential, but he needs to return for another year and work on his game.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013   #4
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Hundley is reportedly returning for his junior year.

As for the comparison, Bortles is much more refined as a passer than Hundley. Hundley is a better athlete and that's why people rave about his potential, but he needs to return for another year and work on his game.
I agree with this .... Hundley is R.A.W. But has a lot of potential. He needs to go back for another year.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013   #5
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Hundley is better than he looks . Why ... they start several freshman on the OL . I do agree that he should go back to school .

Bortles would be fine but not at #1 . I would enjoy seeing his lady on camera a bunch . I bet Brent Musburger does the UCF bowl game .
Old 12-31-2013   #6
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Hundley looks like he's gonna be a good one.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013   #7
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
I like him too. he's still very raw but his potential is high.

he's going to be a better pro than Mariota IMO.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-31-2013   #8
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
I like him too. he's still very raw but his potential is high.

he's going to be a better pro than Mariota IMO.
based off what?

Bortles is intriguing, remember this is a passing league. Extending plays to throw is one thing designed running plays is another.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013   #9
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
based off what?

Bortles is intriguing, remember this is a passing league. Extending plays to throw is one thing designed running plays is another.
Hundley has a high football IQ and can make pre snap reads reads and adjust accordingly. on non designed QB runs, he doesn't look to run as soon as **** hits the fan unless he has to unlike Mariota. I don't even think I've seen Mariota drop back to make a pass, ever.
Old 12-31-2013   #10
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hundley has a high football IQ and can make pre snap reads reads and adjust accordingly. on non designed QB runs, he doesn't look to run as soon as **** hits the fan unless he has to unlike Mariota. I don't even think I've seen Mariota drop back to make a pass, ever.
so your basing opinion because you don't think that Mario'ta has a high football IQ?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013   #11
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
so your basing opinion because you don't think that Mario'ta has a high football IQ?
no, I'm basing it cause he's queer.
Old 12-31-2013   #12
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
no, I'm basing it cause he's queer.
lol! Perfect placement for an ant drum GIF as well.

I take Bortles all day over Hundley. Really wish I didn't have to work and could have watched that Bowl game today though.

I see too many traits in Hundley that I don't care for in a QB, and despite all these comments about pre snap reads and only running if it's completely necessary.... I guess I'm watching the wrong Hundley.

Even after he "matures" over the next year, I highly doubt he will be anything more than a lesser Mariota when he comes out next year.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Any chance he'll be available in the second?
Old 12-31-2013   #14
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Those folks that are high on Hundley, Josh Freeman will be a free agent at the end of the year. (scary thought)
Actually agree with you here....you can see the tools and raw potential, but he throws nothing past 5-8 yards.....
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read