Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-30-2013   #21
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
If any coach is worth the job then why can't they coach up a non- top half of the 1st round RT?
IMO there are no second half RTs as I see Ogbuehi returning to school.
Old 12-30-2013   #22
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
If you look at Favre's hands you know why he played well in the cold .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #23
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 35618 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
two most important things to look for in a franchise QB,

1, Is he good looking enough?

2, Does he have a great cool sounding name?
Yes.
Old 12-30-2013   #24
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
IMO there are no second half RTs as I see Ogbuehi returning to school.
Non top half of the 1st round means picks 17 through the end of the draft. There are perfectly good RTs to be had outside the top 16 picks.
Old 12-30-2013   #25
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126364 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Non top half of the 1st round means picks 17 through the end of the draft. There are perfectly good RTs.
A lot of them this year, actually.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #26
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
...but I do respect his ability & still believe he's yet to reach his ceiling.

I've been on record as saying the Texans would be foolish to take a $10M cap hit on Matt Schaub... I hope he demands to be traded/cut.
First bolded: DAYUM, how long does it take then TK?

Second:
Quote:
“I would do anything for those guys,” Schaub said after the game. “So, to come back and play with those guys? Absolutely. But, I’m also a realist and understand the nature of this business so we’ll see how it goes.”
link

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #27
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 25589 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

If we were to take a vet QB we can trade back from the #1 gaining #4,#26 & #36 in addition to #33, allowing the Browns our #1 and guaranteeing them teddy by jumping in front of the Jags.

Take a vet, improve the OL get a QB a little later on, and spend 2 high picks to improve the D.

This takes the pressure off our rookie QB to start before he's ready and allows us o improve immensely across the team.

Now, we only do this if the new coaching staff don't think Teddy is the guaranteed franchise QB for the next 15 years.

The guy who suggested Orton earlier, I wouldn't be against that, I think if you have the guy of the future in the draft, but he isn't ready to start, Orton is the type of guy who can game manage, take the pressure off the rookie, and most importanly, give some cap relief compared to say cutler so we can go out and get a couple of mid-level FAs to further improve.

I see this as a plan that guarantees the ability to get to a ~.500 record at the least (decent coaching dependant) and possibly get straight back into the playoffs.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #28
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Supposedly Marcus Mariota is re-considering entering the draft. I can't say I'm super high on him, but I do want to take a good look at him tonight. Reminds me a lot of Kaepernick.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #29
ST675
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post

Olivia wilde ..... cockburn.
Yes, Yes and Yes.... do We have a sign up sheet cause I want to be #1......
ST675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #30
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64147 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Depends on what we do in the draft at QB. Whoever we draft should not start. There are no day one starters in this draft. If we got someone like a Manziel then I wouldn't mind signing Vick or Freeman to a two year deal to show him the ropes. If we signed a more pure pocket rookie, then maybe Henne or McCown to the same type of deal. I don't see us competing for a championship until the new regime has been in place a year or two so first we just need a solid game manager to teach a rookie how to be a pro.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #31
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
I wouldn't mind signing Vick or Freeman to a two year deal to show him the ropes.
I don't want either of those guys showing anyone the ropes. I'm all for signing them, but as tackling dummies more than anything else.
Old 12-30-2013   #32
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125942 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Bring McCown home
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #33
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 18049 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

I would like to see what BOB could do with Keenum, some improvements on the o line, and a healthy RB corp... but that's not a realistic option. We'll probably end up with Bridgewater and Schaub as a back up.
Old 12-30-2013   #34
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64147 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
I would like to see what BOB could do with Keenum, some improvements on the o line, and a healthy RB corp... but that's not a realistic option. We'll probably end up with Bridgewater and Schaub as a back up.
No chance Schaub is back ... no chance.
Old 12-30-2013   #35
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think Keenum hangs around as a backup QB considering he'll be cheap.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #36
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 18049 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
No chance Schaub is back ... no chance.
Why not? We could save the cap hit. It's not like he or any other veteran backup we'd sign would have a snowball's chance in hell of starting over the #1 overall pick (barring injury) anyways...
Old 12-30-2013   #37
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Why not? We could save the cap hit. It's not like he or any other veteran backup we'd sign would have a snowball's chance in hell of starting over the #1 overall pick (barring injury) anyways...
If we pick a QB at #1 we are forfeiting the franchise anyway so may as well keep him. But we wont ... either ...
Old 12-30-2013   #38
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Because it saves cap to cut him and eliminates his contract.
Old 12-30-2013   #39
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
We pick up $4M right away to cut him. $11M if we designate him a June 1st cut. That might get you Vick or Cutler, maybe Brandon Albert or Eugene Monroe, or Paul Soliai, Daryl Smith, Karlos Dansby, Cromartie, Tillman, Whitner, Ihedigbo, or Phil Dawson......

One or two of those guys would help us focus more on BPA, than reach for a need.
Old 12-30-2013   #40
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

This guy.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read