Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-30-2013   #1
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

The biggest question to me is , who's our QB next year. Nothing else will have as big an impact on W's and L's.

Do you look for a vet FA or do you believe strongly enough in one of the QB's available in the draft to say he's my guy for the next 5 years.

Bob McNair seems to believe this will be a quick fix , well .... it wont be unless the QB riddle is solved. They could have the 85 Bears defense and Vince Lombardi or Tom Landry coaching ... and have sh!t to show for it at the end of the season .... unless they find a top quality QB.

So .... who ya got ?!

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #2
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?!

My QB is Zach Mettenberger. I think he's going to have a lot of success in the years to come.

And the knee will be just fine people.
Old 12-30-2013   #3
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 31892 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like us to sign Cutler. If we do choose to draft a QB in the first round, he can take time to learn under a veteran QB. I also believe Cutler gives us the best opportunity to win next year. I can't see a rookie QB leading us to a Super Bowl.
Old 12-30-2013   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
So .... who ya got ?!
Whoever Bill O'Brien decides on. He's a QB coach, OC.

Whoever he sees as the guy I'll support -- since "B.O." knows football, and I'm in my armchair.

I might get more excited if BO'B decides a Mettenberger or Bortles or Garoppolo is the guy, just because he'd be trusting himself instead of going with the consensus. But sometimes the consensus is right.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #5
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39290 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

If you want a franchise QB, which I do, I would take one in the draft. I'm in the Bridgewater or Bortles boat.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 143539 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

We have to improve the Oline no matter who is there so I go with Keenum and McCarron as of now. If Obrien is a good QB coach, why can't he coach them up?
Old 12-30-2013   #7
TXAg14
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TXAg14 is a quality contributor and well respectedTXAg14 is a quality contributor and well respectedTXAg14 is a quality contributor and well respectedTXAg14 is a quality contributor and well respectedTXAg14 is a quality contributor and well respectedTXAg14 is a quality contributor and well respectedTXAg14 is a quality contributor and well respectedTXAg14 is a quality contributor and well respectedTXAg14 is a quality contributor and well respectedTXAg14 is a quality contributor and well respectedTXAg14 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kyle Orton!
TXAg14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-30-2013   #8
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303257 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
We have to improve the Oline no matter who is there so I go with Keenum and McCarron as of now. If Obrien is a good QB coach, why can't he coach them up?
If any coach is worth the job then why can't they coach up a non- top half of the 1st round RT?
Old 12-30-2013   #9
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 61665 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Best thing for the Texans is to find a veteran QB, draft a young prospect and let him develop until he is ready...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #10
sometexansfan
Blue Bomber

Rep Power: 142 sometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That would just be a repeat of what Gary did with Matt, so no thanks.
sometexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #11
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89251 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I doubt Keenum will be on the roster next season.

McCarron seems to be a less talented Mark Sanchez to me
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #12
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #13
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

MATT SCHAUB !!!!!! ................ with Teddy Bridgewater gettin red shirted behind him

Or tony Romo either way
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #14
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

I would like Manziel but it ain't gonna happen.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #15
BetaV1
Veteran

Rep Power: 3508 BetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm a big Jay Cutty fan. Dude has brass balls. He's a gunslinger and has the arm to make all the throws in the NFL. I think he gets knocked far too much by the media for his demeanor.

I'd happily take him, but it has to be at the right price...

According to OverTheCap, Jay Cutler's annual salary was just over 14 and a half million a year. This put Cutler as the 11th highest paid quarterback in the league on a yearly basis.

Using that as a benchmark, do you think Cutler is worth $14.7 million a year? Is he really the 11th best quarterback in the league? As big of a fan as I am, I'm not sure he's done enough consistently to merit anything more than what his previous contract was. If I could get him for that same amount, I'll take him for sure. Problem is he's likely going to get paid a bit more than that and as big of a support of Jay as I am, I don't think he's in the top 8 of the league. Top ten, maybe.... Maybe....

-Credit to False Start for this signature-
BetaV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #16
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 224197 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

The only FA QBs I'd sign right now are those that know they are coming in to tutor the QB we take in the draft. I hate doing it, but if Bridgewater or someone else seems like the guy, take 'em with the 1.1 pick before someone else snatches them up.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #17
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
My QB is Zach Mettenberger. I think he's going to have a lot of success in the years to come.

Another guy wearing #8? Do you just want to recycle your Schaub jersey to Mettenberger that you previously recycled from Carr?
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaV1 View Post
I'm a big Jay Cutty fan. Dude has brass balls. He's a gunslinger and has the arm to make all the throws in the NFL. I think he gets knocked far too much by the media for his demeanor.

I'd happily take him, but it has to be at the right price...

According to OverTheCap, Jay Cutler's annual salary was just over 14 and a half million a year. This put Cutler as the 11th highest paid quarterback in the league on a yearly basis.

Using that as a benchmark, do you think Cutler is worth $14.7 million a year? Is he really the 11th best quarterback in the league? As big of a fan as I am, I'm not sure he's done enough consistently to merit anything more than what his previous contract was. If I could get him for that same amount, I'll take him for sure. Problem is he's likely going to get paid a bit more than that and as big of a support of Jay as I am, I don't think he's in the top 8 of the league. Top ten, maybe.... Maybe....
I wouldn't consider myself a fan, but I do respect his ability & still believe he's yet to reach his ceiling. I don't think he's going to get a franchise type contract on his next stop, but I'm hoping he believes he is still worth one. Opening him to a one year deal at starting QB money..... which is about $10M.

I've been on record as saying the Texans would be foolish to take a $10M cap hit on Matt Schaub... truth be told, there's still a possibilty that we'll ask him to take a pay cut & he'll be here until our new QB earns the starting roll. But with the fan cheering his injury, booing his return to the game & TPing his house, I hope he demands to be traded/cut.

"the fans" will be pissed if we sign Cutler to a one year $10M deal & we don't win the Super Bowl. They'll be more upset if we don't & we have another losing season.

I think we should draft our QB of the future. If he proves to be a better option than the veteran we sign (Wilson over Flynn) we're the better for it, if we have the right people making that assessment.
Old 12-30-2013   #19
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
two most important things to look for in a franchise QB,

1, Is he good looking enough?

I cannot stress that enough.

2, Does he have a great cool sounding name?
Are we looking for a boyfriend/husband here or a QB?

Are you actually Taylor Swift?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #20
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Another guy wearing #8? Do you just want to recycle your Schaub jersey to Mettenberger that you previously recycled from Carr?
I don't place any particular significance on the number. I've never been able to figure out why anyone else does for that matter. It's just a number.

If we'd signed Manning and he'd suddenly opted to wear #8 would he have started sucking right then and there on the spot? If a jersey change was all it took to fix Carr why in the hell did we give up a pair of 2's to get Schaub from the Falcons and then not even bother to make him change numbers?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read