Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-30-2013   #761
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 30463 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New HC candidates

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Really. Just how desperate for a HCing job would a candidate have to be to sign on with that circus of a franchise? Lombardi and all. Geeze.
Interestingly enough, just a little while ago they had the Browns press conference, and Lombardi was not a part of it. I wonder how involved he was in this coaching decision.
paycheck71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #762
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52391 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Is Wade going back to Dallas as their new DC?????

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26 3m

WadePhillips on Texans search4head coach:"It's unsettling4me because I'm building a house.I'm trying2get out of Dallas&I may have 2 go back"
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #763
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 30463 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Is Wade going back to Dallas as their new DC?????

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26 3m

WadePhillips on Texans search4head coach:"It's unsettling4me because I'm building a house.I'm trying2get out of Dallas&I may have 2 go back"
He has a house in Dallas, and his son (I think) is the Cowboys TE coach. So, unless there is a job for him in Houston, he might just move back to be closer with family.
paycheck71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #764
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
The Browns better not burn bridges because I think they can't be real picky .
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Kubiak end up in Cleveland. Either as a HC or an OC.
Old 12-30-2013   #765
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217165 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Kubiak end up in Cleveland. Either as a HC or an OC.
They've said they're interested in the Broncos OC and the Seahawks... DC, iirc. Both very young guys that don't have a ton of experience.

And they're both guys that aren't going to be available for a couple of weeks, at least.

So that's an interesting approach.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #766
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
They've said they're interested in the Broncos OC and the Seahawks... DC, iirc. Both very young guys that don't have a ton of experience.

And they're both guys that aren't going to be available for a couple of weeks, at least.

So that's an interesting approach.
Gase is getting a lot of run from some of the media folks. He could do well for them.
Old 12-30-2013   #767
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 4570 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Your mistake here is believing that people are always the same person.

The Matt Schaub that led the league in passing is a different person than the Matt Schaub that came back after his foot injury. The David Carr that was too scared to throw to anyone was a different guy than the one who was averaging 270 yards per game at the beginning of the 2004 season.

I don't know Rick Smith's true role because I'm not in the meetings, I'm not in the war-room during the drafts, I'm not the one hearing what the owner and coaches are saying. And neither are you. I don't know if Rick Smith should be fired because I don't know which decisions were strictly his and which decisions were ones he got over-ridden on. Bob McNair should know who is responsible for which screw-ups because he was there and he took part.

So I'm willing to wait and see.
Your mistake is not understanding that either a guy has the "it" factor or they don't. Carr nor Schaub had it. Schaub proved that all the years he was here. At least Carr could say the team sucked.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #768
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34103 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
It looks like it will take you 5 more years to figure out Rick Smith true role like it took 5 years to figure out Matt Schaub and David Carr are who they are. Only in Houston...
David Carr would have been much better, maybe not great but I feel very good if it weren't for how the organization handled him. Chris Palmer killed Carr's career IMO.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #769
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217165 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Your mistake is not understanding that either a guy has the "it" factor or they don't. Carr nor Schaub had it. Schaub proved that all the years he was here. At least Carr could say the team sucked.
Oh, of course. The IT factor.

Seriously?

Tom Brady, Kurt Warner, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, and Joe Flacco laugh at your IT factor.
Old 12-30-2013   #770
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 103838 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

VY has the "it factor".......
Old 12-30-2013   #771
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28100 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
So does Tebow.
santo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #772
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It comes right behind his "sh" factor.
Old 12-30-2013   #773
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 97853 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
It comes right behind his "sh" factor.
Now that's funny!
Old 12-30-2013   #774
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by santo View Post
So does Tebow.
Little "i"

Quote:
Oh, of course. The IT factor.

Seriously?

Tom Brady, Kurt Warner, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, and Joe Flacco laugh at your IT factor.
With the exception of Dilfer & Johnson, those guys have BIG "I" IT factor. Big difference.

Dilfer & Johnson had elite defenses.
Old 12-30-2013   #775
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 40047 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's exactly what I'm saying about Rick Smith in the Texans organization. Not every GM in the nfl.
I think your full of it. Rick Smith is not a token, he's a good GM. Those who think otherwise just want EVERYBODY FIRED ALL THE TIME! I've worked with people like that and they are not successful, at least for very long.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #776
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
With the exception of Dilfer & Johnson, those guys have BIG "I" IT factor. Big difference.
Where were Brady and Warner drafted? They did NOT have the IT factor until they'd been in the league for a couple of years. Neither of them were supposed to be the QB of the team they took to the SB the first time they went.

Now. After they were in the league a few years and had proven themselves and developed, they were awesome and indeed, had the IT factor. But they didn't have it coming out of college.

And Flacco? Dude is not a great QB.
Old 12-30-2013   #777
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49148 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m
Quote:
Some question Lovie Smith’s future offense when he lands at a job. Sources say he plans on bringing on former Cal coach Jeff Tedford as OC

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #778
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 40047 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
The Browns better not burn bridges because I think they can't be real picky .
I think there are some great High School Coaches he could interview... I mean, that's what's left after you've begun a scorched earth policy on candidates.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #779
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Where were Brady and Warner drafted? They did NOT have the IT factor until they'd been in the league for a couple of years. Neither of them were supposed to be the QB of the team they took to the SB the first time they went.

Now. After they were in the league a few years and had proven themselves and developed, they were awesome and indeed, had the IT factor. But they didn't have it coming out of college.
Agree. I only said they've got "IT" not arguing how/when they acquired it.

Quote:
And Flacco? Dude is not a great QB.
No doubt. Neither is Luck. But both are well on their way. They remind me of Brady, who was also not a great QB his first 4 years in the league.

There was a time when I used to laugh at the QB "competition" where many would say Brady was the best, others would say Peyton. Brady didn't have the skills to compete with Peyton. He was clutch, where Peyton was not, but Peyton was hands down the better of the two.

Now.... Brady is as good as Peyton ever was & Peyton still is not clutch.

Flacco is getting long in the tooth & may never be as good. Luck... 10 years from now, scary.
Old 12-30-2013   #780
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Agree. I only said they've got "IT" not arguing how/when they acquired it.
But that was really the point of the discussion. You can't rely on a player having "IT" when he comes out of college being the determining factor on whether you can win a SB with him. A lot of QBs have "IT" in college and fail in the pros while other QBs develop "IT" once they get to the pros. And then there are teams that win despite the QB not having "IT".

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read