Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-30-2013   #41
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 57901 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mariota Reconsiders Entering the Draft

He plays tonight in San Antonio against our beloved Texas Longhorns, doubt he approaches performance of Teddy in his bowl game but that is why they play the game. That said, I believe he returns to Oregon for his Junior season.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #42
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 143421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
After stating plans to return, Marcus Mariota requested NFL grade

I am a big Mariota fan and if he enters it makes the Texans' decision at #1 a tough one.
So am I. I hope he does reconsider. It'd make me feel better with the #1 pick.
Old 12-30-2013   #43
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 103671 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
That article is from over a week ago and he's already reiterated that's he's staying since.
Yep! From the same website as the OP linked to:

Quote:
12/19/2013 - Mariota confirms he will return to Oregon...Oregon Ducks quarterback Marcus Mariota confirmed he intends to return to the team for at least one more season after it was learned he had requested his grade from the NFL Advisory Committee. Oregon's senior associate athletic director, Craig Pintens, said Mariota requested the grade following the Ducks' victory over Oregon State on Nov. 29. Mariota told 750 The Game radio in Portland, "To clear any confusion, I'm very blessed and thankful to come back."
LINK
Old 12-30-2013   #44
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102657 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

He has tools. But he is not nearly as NFL ready as Bridgewater or Mettenberger. I would have him rated as the #3 QB in this draft.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #45
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post

I am a big Mariota fan and if he enters it makes the Texans' decision at #1 a tough one.
I like Mariota better than Bridgewater too.
Old 12-30-2013   #46
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 347973 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...02#post2271202

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I like Mariota better than Bridgewater too.
So do I, but what do I know?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #47
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

He'll probably stay in school, but Mariota entering the draft would make me heavily lean towards the Clowney->Mettenberger draft plan due to more QBs being available before Zach.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #48
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Watching his bowl game right now. God this kid is fast! I don't Luke his delivery speed and how he would rather just take off and run if his first and second option isn't there. Not as fluid in the pocket as Teddy B IMO.
Old 12-30-2013   #49
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40232 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

his physical tools are great but he's a total project. doesn't take snaps under center and doesn't run a pro run or pass offense.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #50
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 260379 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
He has tools. But he is not nearly as NFL ready as Bridgewater or Mettenberger. I would have him rated as the #3 QB in this draft.
You know who else was NFL ready? Kareem Jackson. I know, makes no difference now, but every time I hear that phrase, I cringe.

As for the topic at hand, if you're going to spend a #1 overall pick on a QB, I want the guy who has the tools to be a superstar (especially upstairs). I don't see that in Bridgewater. I mean, he's a nice QB, but I just don't see superstar in his future. I, like anyone else here, could be wrong, of course. But I'd rather have Mariota.

Bridgewater would be the 4th or 5th best QB in next year's draft.
Old 12-30-2013   #51
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 57901 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

The more you watch of Mariota the more one can appreciate Bridgewater ability to pick apart a secondary with his arm not his legs.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #52
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 347973 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mariota

Really wish this kid was coming out. Looks the part to me -- RoboQB.

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #53
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Mariota is reminding me of Kaepernick & RG3. Put ten in the box and he won't be as effective. From the limited amount I've watched them both, I think Bridgewater is the superior QB.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #54
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Mariota is elusive in the open field. My concern is how many licks will it take from NFL backers before he starts breaking up?

Always take the guy who can read the defense and,make the necessary adjustments.

LOL saying there would be 4 or 5 better QBs other than Teddy B in next year's draft is flat out ignorant.
Old 12-30-2013   #55
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Mariota is reminding me of Kaepernick & RG3. Put ten in the box and he won't be as effective. From the limited amount I've watched them both, I think Bridgewater is the superior QB.
Good comparison. I hate the extra second in the release, Teddy has a real quick release.
Old 12-30-2013   #56
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'm seeing too many called runs. It's not that he's making one read then running, but they're calling a lot of read options, & draws for him.
Old 12-30-2013   #57
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Mariota is my 2nd highest rated RB coming out in 2015.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #58
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

He runs high too, that's a big target for an NFL safety running full speed to lay the wood.
Old 12-30-2013   #59
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

He has tools to work with. They're just really hard to evaluate in this Oregon offense. Its much easier to evaluate Teddy, Murray, and some of the other guys in this draft. Even Boyd is a lot easier project. He could turn into a great QB at the next level or a complete bust from what I've seen from him.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #60
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 200241 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
Mariota is my 2nd highest rated RB coming out in 2015.
Looks like Marcus Allen .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read