Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-29-2013   #361
Ben Frank
Rookie

Rep Power: 1431 Ben Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans interested in Bill O'Brien

Mack Brown was telling recruits he was staying at Texas.. and we all seen how that turned out
Ben Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013   #362
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 258843 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Frank View Post
Mack Brown was telling recruits he was staying at Texas.. and we all seen how that turned out
I don't think Mack Brown had a choice. In O'Brien's situation, it will be his decision.
Old 12-29-2013   #363
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
Of course it is not the only reason but it is a big reason. Bellichick has been so successful in New England that NFL owners are wlling to play that lottery even though 4 out of 4 previous hires from that tree have been unsuccessful. We are talking about one of the greatest coaches ever to coach in the NFL. That has to factor in heavily. Sooner or later one of the coaches from the Bellichick tree has to be the 2.0 version one would think.

(CAUTION)

Once I began researching O'Brien, I can't see where he has done a lot besides being an oc in New England to warrant such interest. Everything else has been at the college level and nothing there really stands out as special to me. Even Penn State hasn't been that great. I am not saying he will be like his predecessors from the Bellichick coaching tree but I think we all need to step back and take a deep breath. I hope McNair will go through the interview process with more candidates than Lovie and Wade before jumping to a conclusion this early that O'Brien is his man because I see nothing in his background that makes him that much of a "must have right now sign on the dotted line" coach.

I would like to see if the Texans could interview Ray Horton. Reports are he was angry when Arians got the job over him in Arizona so he wants to be a head coach badly. He is an outstanding defensive coordinator. I would also like to see them interview Dan Quinn, dc of the Seattle Seahawks. He is a good dc also. There is too much at stake here to jump into a quick emotional hire. This next coaching hire will impact the Texans for at least the next 5 years most likely because we all know of McNair's legendary patience. Lets hope he shows the same patience when it comes to hiring a new head coach.

I don't know who is the best coach for the Texans but I do know it would be wise to do more interviews than 3 before making a decision.
Yeah. I'm not sure that just because other teams want you is a reason to hire him. His record at PSU was short and he had success despite having lost a lot of talent.

I don't credit much he's done at New England since that wasn't his team. Brady is the OC of that team with Bellichek.

If he's the coach here, I hope he does well, but I'm not excited about him based on what I've seen so far.
hradhak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013   #364
Ben Frank
Rookie

Rep Power: 1431 Ben Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't think Mack Brown had a choice. In O'Brien's situation, it will be his decision.
Then why even take interviews for another job, if your know your staying..
Ben Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013   #365
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
No, it's not. It's in their contracts. Schools can't have coaches telling recruits "I'm leaving LSU & going to Alabama" any more than they want their coaches harming their recruiting by telling the kids "Come to Penn State, but I probably won't be there".
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013   #366
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 176918 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Found this on Reddit:

Quote:
TL;DR: He looks like he's got "it" in terms of coaching. Belichick definitely rubbed off on him, and his gameplanning style is the opposite of Kubiak's. Kubiak pretty much planned every week the same, either opting for a pass-heavy or run-heavy first half.

O'Brien's first move in a game plan is to thoroughly teach his offensive players about the defense they will be facing that week. Everything the defenses do, Their scheme, tendencies, everything. His players must be smart and he expects hard work. He tailors the offense around his players on a week to week basis. He'll even change player positions (One week a TE is "F", next week he's "Y", etc) to make the plan work around his players. After installing the game plan he gives his players a cheat sheet of sorts that has information on the game plan and on the defense they'll be facing. That gives each individual player something to study (I believe it's tailored for each individual player, but i'm not sure) and stay sharp on the game plan. A RB he coached at Penn State said that these cheat sheets helped immensely in that he knew when the opponent would choose to blitz, and so could block more effectively.

O'Brien comes from the Belichick school of accountability; If you're not getting it done, i will find someone that will right now. O'Brien loves TE's, and is responsible, IMO, for the rebirth of the two TE set with his work in New England. He will use smart TE's ****ing everywhere; blocking, RB, FB, WR, everything. (OD, GG, and RG, anyone?)

O'Brien culture-shifted Penn state in weeks. That school had the same culture and philosophy for 40+ years.

TL;DR;DR; In short, I love that McNair wants this guy more than anyone.

Edit: Oh, and i forgot to mention, O'Brien doesn't believe that second half adjustments are good enough. He believes if you're not done adjusting before the opponent's 3rd or 4th drive, it's probably too late to adjust effectively. Half time, To O'Brien, isn't long enough to do a full adjustment. He adjusts on the fly.
Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/Texans/comme...eal_of_obrian/

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013   #367
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
Of course it is not the only reason but it is a big reason. Bellichick has been so successful in New England that NFL owners are wlling to play that lottery even though 4 out of 4 previous hires from that tree have been unsuccessful. We are talking about one of the greatest coaches ever to coach in the NFL. That has to factor in heavily. Sooner or later one of the coaches from the Bellichick tree has to be the 2.0 version one would think.

(CAUTION)

Once I began researching O'Brien, I can't see where he has done a lot besides being an oc in New England to warrant such interest. Everything else has been at the college level and nothing there really stands out as special to me. Even Penn State hasn't been that great. I am not saying he will be like his predecessors from the Bellichick coaching tree but I think we all need to step back and take a deep breath. I hope McNair will go through the interview process with more candidates than Lovie and Wade before jumping to a conclusion this early that O'Brien is his man because I see nothing in his background that makes him that much of a "must have right now sign on the dotted line" coach.

I would like to see if the Texans could interview Ray Horton. Reports are he was angry when Arians got the job over him in Arizona so he wants to be a head coach badly. He is an outstanding defensive coordinator. I would also like to see them interview Dan Quinn, dc of the Seattle Seahawks. He is a good dc also. There is too much at stake here to jump into a quick emotional hire. This next coaching hire will impact the Texans for at least the next 5 years most likely because we all know of McNair's legendary patience. Lets hope he shows the same patience when it comes to hiring a new head coach.

I don't know who is the best coach for the Texans but I do know it would be wise to do more interviews than 3 before making a decision.
While I agree with this, I like O'Brien and think/hope he will be a great hire.

Arizona made the right choice by picking Arians over Horton. Even though I think Horton will be a good NFL HC. Arians was NFL COY for a reason and should've been a HC long ago. I wish we could get as sure a thing as Arians, who hire a staff Tom Moore, OC/Todd Bowles, DC. We can only hope O'Brien can hire such quality coorinators. (I've been a big Arians guy for yrs)
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013   #368
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Digging a little deeper on O'Brien, from Penn State interviews..
Quote:
Coaching Style
"I'm fair. I am definitely intense, especially in the football environment, on the practice field and during games. I want to give the players a chance to definitely prove themselves to our staff. We are going to do a good job teaching them the type of systems we want to run. We are going to be a very competitive team amongst ourselves and then out on the field."

Offensive Philosophy
"It is a gameplan offense. People ask me all the time what that means. What we are going to do is evaluate our team when we get in here as soon as we can. It probably won't happen until after recruiting. We will start a little bit of that in the next phase, but really we are going to start grinding that out after recruiting. It is a gameplan offense where we take our players and look at what the defense is doing. We put our players in the best position to make plays against that defense. It is multiple formation, multiple personnel using a lot of different players in a lot of different places. It takes a smart instinctive player to play in this system at every position, but we are going to do a good job of teaching it to our guys and getting them going on it."

Defensive Philosophy
"We are going to try and continue the long tradition of defensive success. We have already heard that we have a really good front seven coming back. We are going to be a multiple look defense. The best defenses that I have ever gone against are the ones that change it up on every snap, keep you guessing and keep you on your heels. That is what we are going to do. We are going to play a little bit of man coverage. We are going to play zone coverage. We are going to blitz zone. We are going to blitz man. We are going to change the front often. We are going to go from an odd front to a four down front to what we call a bear front. We are going to be an attacking style defense. I can't wait to show our guys what we are going to do there."
http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-...011112aaa.html

Quote:
But ask O’Brien what offensive style he favors, and he won’t throw around words such as pro style or spread.

His offense, it seems, is a little more elaborate than that.

“You can’t put a label on it,” he said. “It’s not a West Coast, it’s not an East Coast. It’s a very unique, instinctive offense, and it takes smart, instinctive players to play it.

The O’Brien offense requires close study, and understanding of defenses.

“It’s a very personnel-oriented offense [with] many different personnel groupings and multiple formations,” O’Brien said. “It’s a game-plan offense so we’re gonna look at who we play and say, ‘Here’s what they do on defense, and here’s what we’re going to do to try to attack that.’

“What we’re gonna try to do with our offensive players is teach them about defense and get them to understand the fronts of coverages and pressures, and from there, put the offense in.”

The method might be a little unorthodox, but this coaching staff’s first priority will not be to install its offense.

We don’t try to teach them the offense right away,” O’Brien said. “We spend a couple of days talking about defense and how we call things on defense, and then we put the offense in, so it’s very much a game-plan offense.”
http://blog.pennlive.com/patriotnews.../post_154.html

Quote:
But a question about tempo, and the need for O'Brien to get his teams, particularly his offense, to play fast, got the head coach going. Remember, the Lions caught some teams off-guard with their "NASCAR" offense last year, a hurry-up, or no-huddle, that produced big dividends.

O'Brien began to talk about about the importance of teaching every spring.

"You start over again,'' said O'Brien, the former New England Patriots' offensive coordinator and the reigning Big Ten Coach of the Year...

"Now what we did in the offseason, we did a really good job, I thought a better job than we did last year, because last year we were new and in the offensive meetings it was just me standing up in front of the staff and teaching them the offense.

"Because nobody in that staff room, when we first got here, knew the offense. I brought it from New England. So this year, the guys on the staff felt a lot more comfortable with the offense. So now we were able to go back, study what we did last year and tweak a lot of it, tweak all of it. And so then you start over with the players again.''

Playing fast. Starting over every spring. This is clearly all part of O'Brien's coaching philosophy, a philosophy that O'Brien has developed while spending time on the staffs of several head coaches.

O'Brien was with George O'Leary at Georgia Tech. He spent time with Ralph Friedgen at Maryland. There was a fairly brief stop at Duke, where he was teamed up with Ted Roof, who would later become O'Brien's defensive coordinator at Penn State in 2012.

And there is the obvious coaching influence -- Bill Belichick. Surprisingly though, there is another Patriots coach who has helped shaped O'Brien's philosophy.

And that would be Dante Scarnecchia, New England's 65-year-old offensive line coach. Scarnecchia, who has been with New England since 1982, knows offensive line play well. He was a guard and center at California Western from 1968 to 1970.

"You're coaching Tom Brady and every year you go right back and you start from scratch and you teach these guys from the bottom up,'' - Bill O'Brien.
Starting over. Every spring.

"And I learned this in New England, I learned this from Dante Scarnecchia, who is the best line coach in the NFL,'' O'Brien said.

"And as you're doing it, you implement the changes that you make for each year. I think we've made some good changes, still with the emphasis of playing at a high tempo.''
http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefoo..._spring_p.html

PSU's Bill O'Brien uses Tight Ends to beat the system
Quote:
Bill O'Brien, of course, probably would be utilizing his unique approach to the position regardless of Penn State's situation. He did this at New England, and it helped drive the Patriots to the Super Bowl...

To O'Brien, what stands out about his tight ends "is that they are smart guys. That position in our offense is very difficult to learn, second only to quarterback.

"It's a very difficult position to learn because you're involved in run-blocking, running routes, pass protections -- you're involved with a lot . . ."
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013   #369
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Frank View Post
Mack Brown was still going to be the head coach when he was saying that.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013   #370
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128402 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

He is like the anti Kubiak!

AND NO DENNYS MENU!
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013   #371
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82056 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post

.....AND NO DENNYS MENU!
BTW, what exactly is it that puts the bug up some of y'all's asses about those 'Denny's Menus'? Lots of coaches use them.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013   #372
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 52955 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
BTW, what exactly is it that puts the bug up some of y'all's asses about those 'Denny's Menus'? Lots of coaches use them.
IHOP's is much preferred...
Old 12-29-2013   #373
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
While I agree with this, I like O'Brien and think/hope he will be a great hire.

Arizona made the right choice by picking Arians over Horton. Even though I think Horton will be a good NFL HC. Arians was NFL COY for a reason and should've been a HC long ago. I wish we could get as sure a thing as Arians, who hire a staff Tom Moore, OC/Todd Bowles, DC. We can only hope O'Brien can hire such quality coorinators. (I've been a big Arians guy for yrs)

I agree with you on Arians. My son and I both said he was the reason Indy was as good as they were last year. Now look at Arizona and what a great job he is doing over there. I'm happy the Colts got Pagano because I don't think he is all that.

As far as O'Brien goes he very well could be an outstanding NFL head coach. My point was that McNair has shown to be extremely patient so why now is he seemingly in such a huge hurry to sign O'Brien after interviewing basically 1 other candidate unless you count Wade Phillips. I'm not saying in any way, shape or form not to hire him or even that he isn't the best coach out there but to at least due your due diligence in your search. It looks like if the reports are true that McNair made up his mind on O'Brien and all other interviews are just for show before an official announcement. Whisenhunt would be the final act of the play before an announcement of O'Brien on monday or Tuesday.
Old 12-29-2013   #374
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 31940 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

To keep the info coming and just take it for whatever it's worth which probably isn't much...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...g-jobs-in-2014

Quote:
The Texans want to talk to Whisenhunt, and some of what the search firm running their search has discovered about O'Brien's tenure at Penn State has caused some pause. He is very much a candidate, but Jed Hughes, who is running the process as a consultant, has not had a chance to schedule interviews with all candidates yet.

According to league sources, some of the concern around O'Brien includes the lack of success of Bill Belichick disciples and the heavy-handed nature of their power grabs in the past. Also, O'Brien's issues dealing with the AD at Penn State, and why two longtime trusted Penn State assistants recently walked away from the program without having other jobs lined up.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013   #375
tuco99
Rookie

Have any of the Obrien fans actually watched a single PSU game? I doubt it. He did a great job of keeping the players together but his ont he field coaching is nothing impressive. He went 7-5 in a really weak B1G. Is that AMAZING? OB is a good coach in a weak conference but he is not a great coach. He is still learning. He is not ready to be a NFL coach. OB is not going to get a SB in Houston. He NEVER even won won in New England. NE won BEFORE OB was there. Brady won THREE without OB.

I think OB is starting to feel the heat at PSU. His on field coaching is average. HE makes plenty of mistakes. This is his first head coaching job. He tries to copy Chip Kelly but he is no Chip Kelly. Even Kelly makes tons of mistakes in Philly. The only thing that OB really brought to the offense was up tempo but his play calling is shaky. The PSU offense always seems confused and tons of false starts. Their third down converstions were HORRIBLE. ONE in the first game vs Syracuse and TWO vs a really weak Eastern Michigan.

There is a small vocal segment of PSU fans who want OB to go. The masses want to keep him for stability(more than coaching) and to maintain the recruiting class. Most of the people who want to keep him would prefer he hired an offensive coordinator and many also want a new defensive coordinator.

IF he does leave, PSU has a good shot at hiring a better coach.
tuco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013   #376
tuco99
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
The dude who turned around Penn State? I don't watch much of the Nittany Lions but any guy who turns that program around after what happened to it has got to have some coaching skill. He's pretty young too, 45 or something?

He did not turn around Penn State. 7-5 is hardly a turn around for a great program.

Have you ever seen a PSU game with Obrien as coach? I doubt it. He is a very average at best coach. He makes tons of mistakes.
Old 12-29-2013   #377
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 52955 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

nevermind
Old 12-29-2013   #378
tuco99
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Good. He's the guy I've lobbied for all along. IMO, the job he's done at Penn State is more impressive than what Shaw has done at Stanford.

Hardly true.
Old 12-29-2013   #379
tuco99
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
Also having a background in offense can't hurt. I'd rather have him than most of these retreads that we keep hearing about.

What did you think of the PSU offense that could not convert third downs? Were you impressed with the ONE third down converstion vs Syracuse or TWO for the whole game vs Eastern Michigan?

What idd you think of OB's great play calling when he went for it on 4 and 7 from his own 30 in the first drive of the season vs Syracuse? He later said he thought it was first down. I guess he thought it was 1 and 7.
Old 12-29-2013   #380
tuco99
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Yes please. Great job at Penn St and Patriot pedigree.

Pats won all of their Super Bowls BEFORE O'Brien was hired. 7-5 in a weak B1G is not a great job. I doubt you saw a single PSU game.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read