Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-24-2013   #41
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Will the Texans rest starters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
I hope we win. Anyone rooting for a loss to the Titans should be ****ing ashamed of themselves.
You can hope to win, but people who are rooting to lose at this point in the season don't have to be "****ing ashamed of themselves". That's ridiculous, because the people who are rooting for a loss are still rooting for their team to win in other areas. There hoping to win better draft position which helps the team and it isn't even about having the #1 ovrl pick, it's about having the first pick in every single round. They'll be the first team on the clock all draft weekend

There might be a rivalry between Houston and the Titans, but not this season. This game this Sunday is NOT a rivalry game. You don't have rivalry games when you're completely irrelevant, especially when both teams are completely irrelevant. SF and Seattle.. that's a rivalry game.. Bears and Packers.. rivalry game. Cowboys and Eagles.. rivalry game. Indiana and Miami.. great rivalry games.

A 2-13 Houston Texans team vs. a 6-9 Titans team.. Who gives a crap. Bragging rights aren't even on the line in this game, because even if we do sweep the Titans.. we'll still be 3-13 and regardless of a sweep any Texan fan who feels like bragging after finishing 3-13.. those are the fans who should be ashamed of themselves. Regardless of what happens this Sunday, Texan fans have nothing to crow about this season to anyone.. not even a Titans team they may or may not sweep. That team will still have twice as many wins as their team had.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013   #42
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 155499 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr Bombed, I totally understand what you are saying. Believe me, I do. But all I want to see on my TV is the Texans winning. That's all. In the exact case of this year, it really doesn't matter. We got either 1 or 2. The Rams aren't going for the QB. That leaves us with Bridgewater anyway, if that is the direction we take.

At this point, all I care about is seeing the frigging ****ing Texans actually managing to win a ****ing game.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013   #43
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 222056 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
There might be a rivalry between Houston and the Titans, but not this season. This game this Sunday is NOT a rivalry game.
No wonder Houstonians suck at identifying rivalries. One or both teams sucking makes no difference because no matter what anything could happen. Some of the epic Cowboys v. Redskins games have been with an underdog in a bad season playing to win and play spoiler. You don't just suspend rivalries.
Old 12-24-2013   #44
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Carr Bombed, I totally understand what you are saying. Believe me, I do. But all I want to see on my TV is the Texans winning. That's all. In the exact case of this year, it really doesn't matter. We got either 1 or 2. The Rams aren't going for the QB. That leaves us with Bridgewater anyway, if that is the direction we take.

At this point, all I care about is seeing the frigging ****ing Texans actually managing to win a ****ing game.
Don't be surprised if the Rams look to draft a QB.. Bradford is coming off of a injury and hasn't exactly locked down the position. I think there's a chance they will draft one and even if they don't, they can still trade out to a team that will.

But it's not just about the first overall pick. There's also a advantage to being able to have a entire night to scan over who's available, who fell, and who's still left out on the table.. and then having the first pick the next morning to be able to do so.

I want to see the Texans win to.. just when it matters and when it's relevant.. like it would've been earlier in the season. After a 2-13 season where you lose 13 straight games.. #14 isn't going to make much of a difference to me, especially when it improves my team's draft position throughout the entire draft.
Old 12-24-2013   #45
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 155499 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans will lose anyway, you and I both know that. They aren't worth a **** this year. I wouldn't worry about it. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013   #46
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
No wonder Houstonians suck at identifying rivalries. One or both teams sucking makes no difference because no matter what anything could happen. Some of the epic Cowboys v. Redskins games have been with an underdog in a bad season playing to win and play spoiler. You don't just suspend rivalries.
Yeah, I was at some of those Redskin games when I lived in Dallas.

Tell me.. who is playing spoiler in this game? I know what the hell a rivalry game is and this one isn't one. What are the Titans looking to spoil? Our epic 3-13 season? What are the Texans looking to spoil? The Titans chance of not having a losing season? There's nothing to spoil. LOL The Titans would hurt Hou more by losing than winning.. Both of these teams are just waiting to get the season over with.

I agree with you.. some Houstonians suck at identifying rivalry games.
Old 12-24-2013   #47
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 222056 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Yeah, I was at some of those Redskin games when I lived in Dallas.

Tell me.. who is playing spoiler in this game? I know what the hell a rivalry game is and this one isn't one. What are the Titans looking to spoil? Our epic 3-13 season? What are the Texans looking to spoil? The Titans chance of not having a losing season? There's nothing to spoil. LOL The Titans would hurt Hou more by losing than winning.. Both of these teams are just waiting to get the season over with.

I agree with you.. some Houstonians suck at identifying rivalry games.
If you have to have some motivation beyond the rivalry it isn't much if any of a rivalry.

If you really need one, it is the embarrassment of a 3 win team getting there by sweeping you.
Old 12-24-2013   #48
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
If you have to have some motivation beyond the rivalry it isn't much if any of a rivalry.

If you really need one, it is the embarrassment of a 3 win team getting there by sweeping you.
Houston and the Titans were really only heated rivals for about a 3 year stretch. The rivalry was completely fabricated by McNair and his P.R. staff in the early years with his whole "TNT" crap.

Then it grew into a true rivalry when there started to be legit bad blood, but a lot of those players are now gone (Finnegan, Winston, Pollard, and KVB). Both teams have overturned their roster so much the "rivalry" has gone stale.. especially during this season when both teams suck. All in all, this game has mostly been a bigger "rivalry" in the minds of Houston fans (for obvious reasons) more than it has for the players on the field.

Great rivalries are built through great disappointing losses in games of great importance (division tiles on the line and playoff losses) and sadly there hasn't been a whole lot of those games between these two teams.. This rivalry was mostly fed by more of what happened after the whistle. It would've been nice to see Houston make the playoffs again and face the Bengals, because they were starting to develop a nice rivalry.

If Houston wins so be it.. it's not like I'm going to be upset. If people are rooting for them to lose, so be it also.. that doesn't mean they should be "****ing ashamed" either, because I can also completely understand that POV too. Which was my original point. I get tired of people trying to act like they're super fans or they're better fans than other posters around here sometimes. The way I look at it, if you take the time to register and spend meaningless hours posting about a football team that you have no control over, you're already way more invested than the "average football fan". Average fans have never even been on this board. If a fan who posts on this board wants to lose this game than that shouldn't be any indictment on their "fanhood", because in the long run they're still rooting and looking out for the long term well being of their team.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 12-25-2013 at 12:11 AM.
Old 12-24-2013   #49
Ben Frank
Rookie

Rep Power: 1431 Ben Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respected

I know you die hard Texans fans just want to see a win, but how would u feel if AJ, or Watt had a serious injury fighting for the #2 pick? Would the win be worth it..
Ben Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013   #50
Sigma
Veteran

Rep Power: 13130 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Frank View Post
I know you die hard Texans fans just want to see a win, but how would u feel if AJ, or Watt had a serious injury fighting for the #2 pick? Would the win be worth it..
you just don't get what rivalry in football means

Old 12-25-2013   #51
Lambert
Rookie

Rep Power: 2049 Lambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I guess that one went right over your head.

"Brooke"... as in female's name.
Ahhh! I guess I've been out of high school too long.
Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013   #52
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39734 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

lol @ thinking both teams have to be good for a rivalry to be a rivalry

Nobody said "Texans/Titans" is a great rivalry. I just ****ing hate them and want to beat their asses regardless of whether they're good or we're good or whatever it is. A team doesn't have to be good to hate them.

And I view them as a rival and couldn't give a **** less about what happened with the Oilers or Bud Adams or whatever-the-****.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013   #53
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17648 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

Bridgewater will not succeed in the NFL.

I hope we lose and have #1 and start trading. Trade first to Cleveland for something ridiculous. Then package and come back up to grab either Clowney or Matthews. Or just sit there and take Clowney or Matthews I guess, but trading and getting two 1st round picks+ would be best.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013   #54
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 27908 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

I 100% agree w/ Carr Bombed

I also 100% believe that Teddy B will be a beast in the NFL.

If we somehow beat the Titans, the Redskins lost, the Rams traded the #1 pick to the Jags and they drafted him I fear this PATHETIC "rivalry" would set our franchise back 10 years.

You're only a rival if you're relevant.

If any of you guys are UFC fans here is an analogy...

Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate

Bitter rivals. I'm a HUGE UFC fan, but I DO NOT CARE because it is inferior fighters the same way I care less about seeing 2 high school football teams playing in a "rivalry" on an NFL stage.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013   #55
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39734 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

You don't have to be good to be rivals. I hate the Lakers with every bone in my body and I don't hate them less because they're garbage at the moment. Other teams I ****ing hate even though they suck? The Raiders, the Mets, the Jaguars, the Vikings, and plenty others across all sports.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013   #56
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
lol @ thinking both teams have to be good for a rivalry to be a rivalry

Nobody said "Texans/Titans" is a great rivalry. I just ****ing hate them and want to beat their asses regardless of whether they're good or we're good or whatever it is. A team doesn't have to be good to hate them.

And I view them as a rival and couldn't give a **** less about what happened with the Oilers or Bud Adams or whatever-the-****.
Wow, hell of a lot of "****"s

This thread has been steered off it's original point. Regardless WTH you view as a rivalry. Fans rooting for the #1 ovrl pick have nothing to be ashamed of at all. They especially don't have to be "****ing ashamed of themselves".

That's laughable.
Old 12-29-2013   #57
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wow, hell of a lot of "****"s

This thread has been steered off it's original point. Regardless WTH you view as a rivalry. Fans rooting for the #1 ovrl pick have nothing to be ashamed of at all. They especially don't have to be "****ing ashamed of themselves".

That's laughable.
Well....we ARE Texans fans.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read