Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-23-2013   #341
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 200878 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Better than Griffin? I'm gonna vote no.

RG@ 2011 (last year at Bayor):
Passing 291/402 4,293 72.4% 10.7 avg 37 TDs 6 INTs rating 189.5
Rushing 179/699 3.9 10 TDs
Those stats don't much as a prospect unless you wanted Timmy Chang also .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013   #342
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110436 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Better than Griffin? I'm gonna vote no.

RG@ 2011 (last year at Bayor):
Passing 291/402 4,293 72.4% 10.7 avg 37 TDs 6 INTs rating 189.5
Rushing 179/699 3.9 10 TDs
It's to bad they didn't play against each other so we see who is really the best.
Old 12-23-2013   #343
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
It's to bad they didn't play against each other so we see who is really the best.
Agreed. I will not respond to the other silly posts as I watched both Griffin and TB. Griffin better player. If you use TB's stats to aid your cause as most do and should, then you use stats for others as well as what you & others say about a player's skills.
Old 12-23-2013   #344
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013   #345
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61663 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agreed. I will not respond to the other silly posts as I watched both Griffin and TB. Griffin better player. If you use TB's stats to aid your cause as most do and should, then you use stats for others as well as what you & others say about a player's skills.
RGIII beat Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Texas Tech and Washington. When was the last time a Baylor team did that in one season? RGIII stats back that up. TB can't really say he's ever had that kind of year against that kind of competition.
Texian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013   #346
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104914 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

RGIII also had quite a few more future NFL players on his squad. And by quite a few I mean a lot.

I really think this debate is silly though. Aside from being skinny, athletic, and black, these guys are totally different players. I did have Griffin rated higher though.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013   #347
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
RGIII beat Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Texas Tech and Washington. When was the last time a Baylor team did that in one season? RGIII stats back that up. TB can't really say he's ever had that kind of year against that kind of competition.
Agreed, few things on MB irritate me but when someone uses one set of criteria to support their position of a player then changes to discredit another player it does make my teeth grit.

An example would be to complain about Derek Newton but not compare him to Duane Brown same year of career. I believe fair evaluations should always be done based on known evidence not just "I like him so he has to be good."
Old 12-23-2013   #348
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
RGIII also had quite a few more future NFL players on his squad. And by quite a few I mean a lot.

I really think this debate is silly though. Aside from being skinny, athletic, and black, these guys are totally different players. I did have Griffin rated higher though.
Based on what? See that's my point, you watched both and made allowances for other players, competition, etc. You made a fair evaluation based on totality of factors. We agree on this player but I am cool even if we disagree because of the format of evaluation used. Stats are not everything nor is the 40 time but all are tools.
Old 12-23-2013   #349
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Neither did Joe Flacco - last years Super Bowl MVP and now $100 Million Dollar Man.

Art Briles' led Baylor beat the hell out of all those teams this year too that were on their schedule.

in 2011 RG3 also got beat by 6 loss A&M, the 2 other losses were good teams though.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013   #350
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 200878 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Tim Tebow was an all time great in college .

These numbers are from a HOF QB when he was in college .

comp att pct yds ya aya tds int QB rtg
395 638 61.9 4773 7.5 7.2 30 17 134.9

Round Dan
Old 12-23-2013   #351
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61663 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post

These numbers are from a HOF QB when he was in college .

comp att pct yds ya aya tds int QB rtg
395 638 61.9 4773 7.5 7.2 30 17 134.9
I'll ask again, one last time, when was the last time Baylor did something like that?
Old 12-23-2013   #352
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
Neither did Joe Flacco - last years Super Bowl MVP and now $100 Million Dollar Man.

Art Briles' led Baylor beat the hell out of all those teams this year too that were on their schedule.

in 2011 RG3 also got beat by 6 loss A&M, the 2 other losses were good teams though.
If the 2011 Baylor team has the 2013 Baylor defense they likely go undefeated.
Old 12-23-2013   #353
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
Neither did Joe Flacco - last years Super Bowl
Excuse me, I'm sorry, I thought this was discussion about RGIII and TB. I didn't realize it also included Tebow, Flacco, Roethlisberger, Mettenberger, Tarkenton, Vince Lombardi, Sonny Jurgenson, Thomas Jefferson, Nathan Hale, Stanley Miller, Capernicus, Issac Newton, Leonardo DaVinci, Michaelangelo and Pope John Paul II
Old 12-23-2013   #354
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Excuse me, I'm sorry, I thought this was discussion about RGIII and TB. I didn't realize it also included Tebow, Flacco, Roethlisberger, Mettenberger, Tarkenton, Vince Lombardi, Sonny Jurgenson, Thomas Jefferson, Nathan Hale, Stanley Miller, Capernicus, Issac Newton, Leonardo DaVinci, Michaelangelo and Pope John Paul II
OK ... put Teddy on that Baylor team and RG3 on this Louisville team and what happens ?

Last year Teddy's team beat the snot out of #3 Florida and that might have been a better win than anything RG3 came up with . Especially after that Bostic hit early .

Round Dan
Old 12-23-2013   #355
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 80286 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Matt miller - nfl draft lead writer
Is that the beer talking?
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013   #356
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

There was a lot of talk in this thread a few pages back about how Teddy B didn't deserve to be in the conversation for the Texans because he wasn't even a Heisman Finalist.

Well one Heisman Finalist, 6'00" QB, Jordan Lynch, did play last night. 20/35 on 57% completion with 2 total TDs (1 rushing) and 1 Interception all while Jordan Lynches Northern Illinois Huskies got their ass handed to them against 9-5 Utah State. His only passing TD of the game was achieved with 1:44 left in the game when the game was basically out of hand.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013   #357
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 348793 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Two for one...

Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler
Quote:
My comparison for Bridgewater has always been a taller, more slender version of Russell Wilson, and I'll stand by that #NFLDraft
Quote:
1. QB Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville*

NFL Comparison: Russell Wilson, but three inches taller.

Where He Wins: Excellent pocket movement. Bounces off his back foot to step up against edge pressure and isnít afraid to slide laterally when faced with an interior rush. Keeps eyes up to survey coverages and works to multiple reads. Placement and touch are there, but has the velocity to hit vertical routes on the move. Not afraid to give a covered receiver in single coverage a chance to win. Reports have stated he takes care of many checks at the line of scrimmage.

Where He Fits: He fits any offense. Sustains success from the pocket but also has mobility which isnít showcased often. Hits every level with placement and timing.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013   #358
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30026 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Anyone arguing for clowney,matthews ,or whomever else didn't watch tonight. He made dep breaking routes,he showed precision,poise,movement and a level approach even after the safety. Rick was in the building and he had to be impressed. When he interviews,he's gonna kill it too.
Old 12-29-2013   #359
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

It looked good tonight, outside of some correctable mistakes. I'll be interested to see how he interviews as I think the mental strength of a quarterback comes first.

Having said that, comparing Bridgewater to Wilson is just odd. They are not very much alike at all.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013   #360
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

i have seen a lot of comparisons of TB with Rodgers when he was at Cal.

http://draftbreakdown.com/the-right-...r-bridgewater/
this is a nice look at it
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read