Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 12-27-2013   #61
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NastyNate's mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
I guess I just dont consider a QB who doesnt have good ball placement as having good accuracy. I would never say "that dude is so accurate except he puts the ball behind the receiver."

Calling a QB accurate when he has poor ball placement doesnt make sense to me. Either you are accurate and place the ball correctly, or you dont.
Many folks see that a QB has 70% completion and immediately think, man is he accurate, and he is. The next question is how often does the QB put the ball in the optimum position for the receiver to run with the ball after the catch. Does the QB expose his WRs to viscous hits? Are passes placed in the best position where the WR can catch the pass with their hands and still shield the defender? Next time you watch a game, critique the pass and the completion. Was it a perfect pass? to high? to low? poor placement because the WR had to stop or backup to make the reception? # of good passes vs # of passes that could have been better? Are sideline and corner passes thrown where only the WR can make the catch? When I watch Bridgewater these are some things that cause me some concern.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013   #62
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331336 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
We're talking about QB ball placement and not firearm target practice. Once again your left field comparisons does absolutely nothing to answer the question. It only confuses the issue, you now have folks wondering does a QB have to be a good shot to be a good QB. If a QB is proficient at shooting skeet is he even a better QB? Typical stuff you can expect from Cak's alternative universe.
Butt out of stuff you know nothing about. Precision v. accuracy is a scientific/mathematical distinction which is easily and commonly illustrated with targets. You brought up firearms because you are too ignorant to realize this applies to data assessment generally and specifically to the results of any projectile.
Old 12-27-2013   #63
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Butt out of stuff you know nothing about. Precision v. accuracy is a scientific/mathematical distinction which is easily and commonly illustrated with targets. You brought up firearms because you are too ignorant to realize this applies to data assessment generally and specifically to the results of any projectile.
You're the one who butted in, this was originally a conversation between me and Blake. Blake asked me a question that you felt compelled to answer. Or were you trolling? You brought up firearms with your firearm targets. We all know you are an expert in all things, expert firearm target practice and medical surgery all in the last 30 minutes. Maybe you should butt out and let me and Blake finish our conversation whether you agree with our conversation or not.
Old 12-27-2013   #64
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
So in your opinion is TB getting overrated or McCarron being underrated??
I think McCarron is underrated. He is easily the best of Saban's Alabama QBs. In fact, I think he could be somewhat described as a poor man's Teddy Bridgewater. They are good at all the same things, but I have Teddy rated a little bit higher in every single category except for deep ball, which is something he has the ability to get better at with improved mechanics.
bah007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013   #65
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You're the one who butted in, this was originally a conversation between me and Blake. Blake asked me a question that you felt compelled to answer. Or were you trolling? You brought up firearms with your firearm targets. We all know you are an expert in all things, expert firearm target practice and medical surgery all in the last 30 minutes. Maybe you should butt out and let me and Blake finish our conversation whether you agree with our conversation or not.
Were y'all exchanging private messages or were y'all posting on a MESSAGE BOARD in which numerous people are sharing their opinions on the same subject?..
bah007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013   #66
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331336 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Would your vagina be less itchy if it was a dartboard? It's a target of any kind.
Old 12-27-2013   #67
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Would your vagina be less itchy if it was a dartboard? It's a target of any kind.
Typical, about what I have come to expect from you.
Old 12-27-2013   #68
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94101 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is a good place for the distinction between accurate and precise.

Without precision even accurate throwers can't get into ball placement as much more than luck.
Good comparison & like always much more succint & to the point than i could ever be. How some in here didn't understand the comparision is beyond me. I'm of the opinion though that precision/ball placement is more of a gift when throwing any kind of ball b/c most guys on the college & pro level a can get it into a WR's catch radius fairly easy. But to be able to really uncork it & put it on a rope right where you want to put it...Like Rodgers & prime Manning....that's god given & lots of guys even on the pro level can't do it consistently like those 2 did/do.

Most have to take something off to place it in the right spot...if they don't they either air mail it (Schaub, Vick) or throw it in the dirt (McNabb).
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013   #69
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29411 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Bridgewater has tremendous timing & rhythm. He throws a very catchable football that when you talk about accuracy, one: is in receivers optimum window that leads to two: precision in stride & out of hitting (dangerzone) intersection so receiver can focus on making catch first instead of hearing footsteps & third: combination of two enhances chance to turn small gain into something much bigger (run after catch), more TD's & higher numbers in general.
This is very important. Bridgewater isn't playing in a funky spread like baylor,tamu,fresno st,or oregon where guys are horizontally stretching windows. He's making tight window throws to wrs who are not creating a lot of room. Not only that,the wrs don't have to dive,jump,or make lynn swann 1978 catches either. As someone stated, 70% doesn't mean you're accurate. I watch mariotta and unless the dude is running free,he's not letting it go. Go rewatch the stanford game when they re-routed the wrs and he wouldn't throw guys open. Bridgewater has to throw guys open,he doesn't have a choice.
Old 12-27-2013   #70
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51147 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We're talking about QB ball placement and not firearm target practice. Once again your left field comparisons does absolutely nothing to answer the question. It only confuses the issue, you now have folks wondering does a QB have to be a good shot to be a good QB. If a QB is proficient at shooting skeet is he even a better QB? Typical stuff you can expect from Cak's alternative universe.
This is directly comparable to the back shoulder throw which must be catchable by ONLY the Receiver. A catchable throw which can be contested by the defense is a dangerous pass, even though technically accurate.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013   #71
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51147 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I remind everyone that private conversations are carried on in Pmail. Post it on the MB and it's fair game for all.
Old 12-28-2013   #72
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
I remind everyone that private conversations are carried on in Pmail. Post it on the MB and it's fair game for all.
I agree with this statement. I made my comments after I was told to butt out of a conversation that was originally started by myself and another member. I can also see how one can become confused when they don't know the whole story and can then easily take comments out of context.
Old 12-28-2013   #73
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
I agree with this statement. I made my comments after I was told to butt out of a conversation that was originally started by myself and another member. I can also see how one can become confused when they don't know the whole story and can then easily take comments out of context.
No problem. I just had an opportunity to post this time after reading similar comments several times, usually directed at me.

By the way, I'm off the other board for making Christian references which are worse than just about anything you can do on that board. I wasn't proselytizing or anything, just using language I know which contains biblical quotes and truths. Usually in response to attacks on Christianity and Christian beliefs. They have no problem with such attacks, but much problem with defense.

Anyway, I thought I'd let you know there are going to be changes there as a new IT person was announced just before I was banned.
Old 12-28-2013   #74
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
No problem. I just had an opportunity to post this time after reading similar comments several times, usually directed at me.

By the way, I'm off the other board for making Christian references which are worse than just about anything you can do on that board. I wasn't proselytizing or anything, just using language I know which contains biblical quotes and truths. Usually in response to attacks on Christianity and Christian beliefs. They have no problem with such attacks, but much problem with defense.

Anyway, I thought I'd let you know there are going to be changes there as a new IT person was announced just before I was banned.
Welcome to Club. Some of the old Mods became quite vindictive, mean and unreasonable with any of those who dared to disagree with them. A few of my draftnik buddies asked me to return so I checked out the other board a while back, that place has become a ghost town
Old 12-28-2013   #75
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Welcome to Club. Some of the old Mods became quite vindictive, mean and unreasonable with any of those who dared to disagree with them. A few of my draftnik buddies asked me to return so I checked out the other board a while back, that place has become a ghost town
I'm not sure I want to go back. But it was nice having the link from NFL Network.

Now I remember. Yosarian was departing.
Old 12-28-2013   #76
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
I agree with this statement. I made my comments after I was told to butt out of a conversation that was originally started by myself and another member.
You weren't told to butt out of the conversation. You were told to butt out of a topic you clearly knew nothing about - precision v. accuracy.
Old 12-28-2013   #77
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
You weren't told to butt out of the conversation. You were told to butt out of a topic you clearly knew nothing about - precision v. accuracy.
That's a false distinction when the topic is discussed in a conversation ON A MESSAGE BOARD. But keep discussing the topic. That's what we're here for.
Old 12-28-2013   #78
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You introduced shooting targets that remain stationary, are in a controlled environment, with ample time (minutes) to pull the trigger vs constant moving targets, that could involve wind, rain, snow, noise and the QB more often than not has 3 seconds or less to pull the trigger, and I'm the one who knows nothing. I think it has more to do with your propensity to always want to compare apples to oranges. A picture of a clay target would've made more sense.
Old 12-28-2013   #79
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
That's a false distinction when the topic is discussed in a conversation ON A MESSAGE BOARD.
No it is not. Texian was free to answer Blake's inquiry. Texian doesn't like the precision v. accuracy distinction and that is fine too. What is not OK is jumping in with ignorance and continuing as in his latest post to insist the topic is about firearms. He can do that too - note neither his posts nor he have been moderated. It just makes him look the fool to do so.

Quote:
You introduced shooting targets that remain stationary, are in a controlled environment, with ample time (minutes) to pull the trigger vs constant moving targets, that could involve wind, rain, snow, noise and the QB more often than not has 3 seconds or less to pull the trigger, and I'm the one who knows nothing. I think it has more to do with your propensity to always want to compare apples to oranges. A picture of a clay target would've made more sense.
And now you look ignorant on both precision v. accuracy and firearms. Good job.

Last edited by infantrycak; 12-28-2013 at 12:31 PM.
infantrycak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013   #80
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
No it is not. Texian was free to answer Blake's inquiry. Texian doesn't like the precision v. accuracy distinction and that is fine too. What is not OK is jumping in with ignorance and continuing as in his latest post to insist the topic is about firearms. He can do that too - note neither his posts nor he have been moderated. It just makes him look the fool to do so.

And now you look ignorant on both precision v. accuracy and firearms. Good job.
All fine and dandy but you never explained it yourself. When your analogies don't make sense everyone else is the fool because they don't agree. Tell us again about the itchy vagina and how that makes so much sense. Another reason your post get tiresome. Waiting now for you to tell us how hitting a stationary golf ball is the same as hitting a 90 MPH baseball.

Last edited by Texian; 12-28-2013 at 02:43 PM.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read