Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-23-2013   #21
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113798 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Will the Texans rest starters?

You rest starters when you're 13-2, not when you're 2-13.

Even if we win we would have the #2 pick at worst so I could care less about losing to protect the #1 pick. It would be pretty funny if we finished 3-13 and 2 of those wins were against Tennessee.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013   #22
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 169136 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Lechler should be rested. His leg is gonna fall off from all the punting he does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013   #23
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 87983 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
We have starters !!!!!!!!!!!!?????!!!!?????
Well all the ones that used to start are on IR save JJ Watt. I wonder if he comes down with an injury this week in practice? A sore pinkie should do it.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013   #24
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 87983 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Plus Bud will be pissed as he looks up watching his team lose twice in the same season against the worst Texan team ever.
OK! Now you've done it. Now I want to win, badly. Of course from the descriptions I've read, he can't see anything or hear anything in total darkness and alone for all eternity in torment because it didn't have to be that way.
Old 12-23-2013   #25
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
You mean look down?
No. The direction is correct.
Old 12-23-2013   #26
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Just trying to help you out, not trying to be smartass. But the multi-quote button is right next to the quote button. Simply hit the munti-quote of as many posts as you like and when you hit "reply" they will all come up in one box for you to respond to each in one post.
Old 12-23-2013   #27
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 40896 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought we locked the #1 pick losing against the broncos.

Why does everybody seems to think we need another loss to secure it?
Old 12-23-2013   #28
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Just trying to help you out, not trying to be smartass. But the multi-quote button is right next to the quote button. Simply hit the munti-quote of as many posts as you like and when you hit "reply" they will all come up in one box for you to respond to each in one post.
I actually didn't know that. When I multi-quote I usually copy & paste and then refresh the page to copy the 2nd person, so thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post

The Redskins only have 3 wins and would give the #1 to the Rams if Houston wins and Washington loses to the Giants. The worse the Texans can get is the #2 pick behind St. Louis.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013   #29
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 40896 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I actually didn't know that. When I multi-quote I usually copy & paste and then refresh the page to copy the 2nd person, so thanks.

The Redskins only have 3 wins and would give the #1 to the Rams if Houston wins and Washington loses to the Giants. The worse the Texans can get is the #2 pick behind St. Louis.
I thought that the tiebreaker was the strength of schedule

with the same number of wins, the team with the easiest schedule wins the first pick

http://www.theredzone.org/Features/N...fSchedule.aspx

here it says that we have an easiest schedule than the redskins, so they should get #2 pick overall (rams will get it in the end, but you get the point)

PS: sorry for the two similar posts in 2 different threads
Old 12-23-2013   #30
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Half our starters are already on IR, the other half isn't worth a crap anyway. There's no difference between them and whatever is left of the backups.

This season is finally over after this Sunday. My gawd it's been horrible.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013   #31
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I thought that the tiebreaker was the strength of schedule

with the same number of wins, the team with the easiest schedule wins the first pick

http://www.theredzone.org/Features/N...fSchedule.aspx

here it says that we have an easiest schedule than the redskins, so they should get #2 pick overall (rams will get it in the end, but you get the point)

PS: sorry for the two similar posts in 2 different threads
Oh, I recall a poster saying it would go to Washington for the same reason.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013   #32
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 123205 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Oh, I recall a poster saying it would go to Washington for the same reason.
whoever that poster was is correct. our sos is .567 and washington is .520

LInk
Brain Cushing
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013   #33
Lambert
Veteran

Rep Power: 8289 Lambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
If they rest their starting QB, who will be resting?

I guess Grimes needs to rest if every other RB is injured?

Ryan Griffin, our only TE can rest, I like that Smelly guy because of his name so I guess he can play TE?

Please let Brooke Reed rest, he has been busy doing absolutely nothing all season.
It's "Brooks Reed" genius. If you're going to mouth off, at least know how to spell the players' names.
Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013   #34
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambert View Post
It's "Brooks Reed" genius. If you're going to mouth off, at least know how to spell the players' names.
I guess that one went right over your head.

"Brooke"... as in female's name.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013   #35
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
I hope we win. Anyone rooting for a loss to the Titans should be ****ing ashamed of themselves.

I'm rooting for a loss and I am not ashamed. I won't be upset ether way it turns out though. A win does nothing but give the Rams an opportunity at the #1 pick and give Phillips a glimmer of hope for the hc vacancy. I don't like losing but after 13 losses in a row what is the point. I see more negatives than positives from a win. Either way the offseason is going to start when the clock hits 0:00 at the end of the 4th quarter. I just can't seem to get worked up for the last game of an awful season. I'm already in draft/head coach searching mode.
Old 12-24-2013   #36
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I apologize. I really don't respond to threads like i should, but to individual posts as if I were having a conversation. Perhaps because I'm an old fogy and set in my ways. I even use gen one phone because the smart phones are too smart for me.
Old 12-24-2013   #37
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:

If Washington loses and we win our records are identical and we lose the tiebreaker due to strength of schedule. A Texan tie or loss or a Washington tie or win clinches the number one seed. But we do have a top 2 pick locked up.
Old 12-24-2013   #38
Sigma
All Pro

Quote:
If Washington loses and we win our records are identical and we lose the tiebreaker due to strength of schedule. A Texan tie or loss or a Washington tie or win clinches the number one seed. But we do have a top 2 pick locked up.
Yes I noticed, the problem was the site I was looking had the Texans with the easiest schedule between the 2 teams.

anyway I think the question should be "Will the Texans BENCH the starters?"

Rest implies they will be used later, and to me "next year" doesn't count as "later"
Old 12-24-2013   #39
Txn_in_FL
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 33753 Txn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Haven't they rested enough?
A thousand times this.
Old 12-24-2013   #40
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I apologize. I really don't respond to threads like i should, but to individual posts as if I were having a conversation. Perhaps because I'm an old fogy and set in my ways. I even use gen one phone because the smart phones are too smart for me.
No worries Marshall!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read