Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-22-2013   #21
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Start Yates next week

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
I was going to say "What could it hurt?" until I remembered that he could lead the team to victory next week and potentially cost us the #1 draft pick.

And now the Ravens are stinking it up against the Evil Empire. The day just keeps spiraling down the drain....
Honestly, who cares if we miss out on the #1 pick. What's that mean? Missing out on bridgewater?

Can anyone say he is a can't miss QB?

We will be in the top 3 picks anyways.

What I'm getting at is it's not like there is an Andrew Luck or any other can't miss guy there. Just our luck...
Old 12-22-2013   #22
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17795 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

No way, gotta get Keenum back out there, he just needs more time. His stats in his first games is better than Elway and Manning! He is the future!

At least that way some of the deadbeats that have the nerve to bang on Andre for a few dropped balls will be able to come up with another round of excuses for their boy.
Old 12-22-2013   #23
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 237178 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
Honestly, who cares if we miss out on the #1 pick. What's that mean? Missing out on bridgewater?

Can anyone say he is a can't miss QB?
Just wait 'till Jacksonville pick him. Then we'll be saying how we're screwed because we have to face Luck & Bridgewater.
Old 12-22-2013   #24
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282115 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Cut Schaub.

Cut Yates.

Sign free-agent QB Gary Kubiak to a one game deal.

Run the veer.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013   #25
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10578 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Just wait 'till Jacksonville pick him. Then we'll be saying how we're screwed because we have to face Luck & Bridgewater.
Except that Jax can't finish with a higher draft pick than the Texans, being 2 games ahead with 1 to play. That means if the Texans have to face Bridgewater twice a year in a Jags uniform, it's their own fault for passing on him.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013   #26
2slik4u
All Pro

Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
T-Kiss, do you seriously believe bridgewater is going to be a great nfl QB? I'm not saying I know one way or the other but I'm not sure I can decipher sarcasm on the boards.
Old 12-22-2013   #27
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Fuuny thread that the OP says that it's a slap in the face to Yates. Lol!

As if Yates is some sort of starter material. Newsflash, Yates is a backup and no he does not deserve to be in there even over Schaub. Yates hasn't ever earned the right to start.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013   #28
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

This isn't the YMCA. Not everyone gets to play. Yates is a dumpster fire and so is Schaub.
I say you direct snap to the RB and see how quickly they can run to the #1 pick in the draft.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013   #29
2slik4u
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post

As if Yates is some sort of starter material. Newsflash, Yates is a backup and no he does not deserve to be in there even over Schaub. Yates hasn't ever earned the right to start.
Because keenum was just "lights out" in his 0-8 record, right? The only reason he isn't starting is due to injury. Matt Schaub single handedly started the train wreck that is the 2013 season. I'm just saying, if keenum gets 32 quarters to try and prove his worth, shouldn't Yates get more than 2?

At this point, we are starting the third and fourth RBs, flip flopping between back up QBs, playing our 3rd string TE and don't even get me started on the defensive backups that are playing.

The only reason they SHOULDNT play Yates is if he is a dead man walking and everyone in the FO knows he is cut the first opportunity they get. If they want him to remain on the team after 2013 then it would make sense to give him the start to see what he's made of under circumstances like these, two years removed from his playoff win.

Keenum has shown why the other 31 teams passed on him and why he was an UDFA.

Schaub is an absolute wreck that needs to retire.

Yates is no worse then these two guys.
Old 12-22-2013   #30
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Keenum has shown why the other 31 teams passed on him and why he was an UDFA.

Schaub is an absolute wreck that needs to retire.

Yates is no worse then these two guys.
He might still have some value if we don't let him play and prove he's no better...
Old 12-22-2013   #31
2slik4u
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
He might still have some value if we don't let him play and prove he's no better...
Now THAT train of thought actually has some merit.

Well played.
Old 12-23-2013   #32
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89849 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yates is no worse than the 2 guys we've trotted out there all year long to the tune of 2-13. Yates has as much right to start as either of these other two bums.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013   #33
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 24103 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
hell no, keep schaub in.

we still haven't locked the #1 overall pick.
I thought we had it, who could steal it from us?
Old 12-23-2013   #34
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
I thought we had it, who could steal it from us?
To answer the same question in two posts: The Rams via the Skins trade would snake us if we win and they lose.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013   #35
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 24103 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
To answer the same question in two posts: The Rams via the Skins trade would snake us if we win and they lose.
I thought that the tiebreaker was the strength of schedule

with the same number of wins, the team with the easiest schedule wins the first pick

http://www.theredzone.org/Features/N...fSchedule.aspx

here it says that we have an easiest schedule than the redskins, so they should get #2 pick overall (rams will get it in the end, but you get the point)
Old 12-23-2013   #36
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
I thought that the tiebreaker was the strength of schedule

with the same number of wins, the team with the easiest schedule wins the first pick

http://www.theredzone.org/Features/N...fSchedule.aspx

here it says that we have an easiest schedule than the redskins, so they should get #2 pick overall (rams will get it in the end, but you get the point)
Quote:
But St. Louis, which owns Washington’s first-round pick thanks to the 2012 Robert Griffin III trade, also remains in contention. If Washington loses on Sunday and Houston wins, then Washington would likely move ahead of Houston in the draft order (thanks to the strength of schedule tiebreaker), and the pick that Washington would send to St. Louis would be No. 1 overall.
This is what I was referring to which is consistent with what I've been hearing for a while.

link

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013   #37
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 237178 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
T-Kiss, do you seriously believe bridgewater is going to be a great nfl QB? I'm not saying I know one way or the other but I'm not sure I can decipher sarcasm on the boards.
Not at all.

But I'm not sold on Luck either. I just know this board.
Old 12-24-2013   #38
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:

We're way past "starter material" now. This whole "earned the right" thing doesn't apply to anyone on the roster (at the QB position)
Old 12-24-2013   #39
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249782 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We're way past "starter material" now. This whole "earned the right" thing doesn't apply to anyone on the roster (at the QB position)
Yep. True. Quotable. Scientifically accurate. Mixing something new in the pipe true or something new in the glass true.

actual, genuine, literal, realapodictic, apodeictictruthfulsure

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013   #40
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Yep. True. Quotable. Scientifically accurate. Mixing something new in the pipe true or something new in the glass true.

actual, genuine, literal, realapodictic, apodeictictruthfulsure
Yep, and God, Allah, and Budah all agree that it's like totally not wrong.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read