Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-21-2013   #141
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hey guys, what do you think about Derek Carr..

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
He has arm strength but is highly inaccurate at 50% and 3.8 avg this game. A high first round should be carrying his team. All of you who bash McCarron should be moving this guy off your board. Kessler is the better QB today. I hope Cleveland is watching.
He had some swag until they hit him , then he came apart like a cheap rug .

ps ... I am biased against him and believe he'll be the sequel .
Old 12-21-2013   #142
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He has arm strength but is highly inaccurate at 50% and 3.8 avg this game. A high first round should be carrying his team. All of you who bash McCarron should be moving this guy off your board. Kessler is the better QB today. I hope Cleveland is watching.
Put McCarron on this Fresno State team and tell me they still aren't getting blown out.

And no, I'm not a Derek Carr fan. Just tired of people bashing Carr/Fales/Bridgewater/Bortles/etc. for not carrying their mediocre teams 24/7 but praising AJ for not carrying his elite team 24/7.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013   #143
Ben Frank
Rookie

Rep Power: 1431 Ben Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respected

David Carr was a Lemon, and his brother Carr looks like a Lemon too.. lol
Ben Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013   #144
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235719 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Derek behind that O-line against that defense is bringing back memories of David and his "pro" O-line.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013   #145
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Also watching bowl game. The announcers said OK if no pressure but if pressured he is no longer good. Well guess what he is playing in college against at best average talent. In the NFL he will feel the pressure and turn into I think something less than David Carr.

Of course we have Smith as our GM so I have no confidence in our draft.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013   #146
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235719 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Just not feeling it with Derek Carr. Just don't think he has "it" between the ears.
Old 12-21-2013   #147
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Put McCarron on this Fresno State team and tell me they still aren't getting blown out.

And no, I'm not a Derek Carr fan. Just tired of people bashing Carr/Fales/Bridgewater/Bortles/etc. for not carrying their mediocre teams 24/7 but praising AJ for not carrying his elite team 24/7.
The point is if you criticize any player for anything, you should use equal critique of all players. Just because you think McCarron has not been asked to carry a team does not mean he cannot.
Old 12-21-2013   #148
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 13423 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The point is if you criticize any player for anything, you should use equal critique of all players. Just because you think McCarron has not been asked to carry a team does not mean he cannot.
Don't worry, they'd be worse off with McCarron.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014   #149
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

As the other guy that 'experts' think will be a first round QB, thought I would bump this thread since TB, BB and JFF have active threads.

If we do trade down Carr will be in the mix somewhere.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014   #150
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
As the other guy that 'experts' think will be a first round QB, thought I would bump this thread since TB, BB and JFF have active threads.

If we do trade down Carr will be in the mix somewhere.
Bob wants to make the best moves for the team, but he also wants to appease the fans I believe.

I'm a UH Alumni and am super biased towards Case Keenum, but that dude should not have got that long of a run being completely ineffective while Yates didn't even get a chance.

I don't believe Yates is good, but I believe that Bob wanted to appease the fans. Everyone in this thread knows if we drafted the brother of David Carr it would NOT be received well, even if he happened to be BPA at the time and we needed a QB.

I will stand firm saying there is a less than 1% chance he is drafted by the Texans despite what we do on draft day.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014   #151
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

If we win, fans won't give a flying funt who the QBs brother is.....

Or would they??
Old 01-17-2014   #152
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Futures: Fresno State QB Derek Carr

Want a glimpse into a quarterback’s mind? Watch his feet.

by Matt Waldman

Quote:
These nine plays illustrate both sides of Derek Carr. He’s a quarterback capable of quick decisions, high velocity throws with tight-window accuracy, and the skill to make positive plays under pressure. He also has an impulsive streak that can lead to inaccurate throws, poor ball placement, and bad decisions.

Carr’s play has grown on me as I study him in-depth. However, it’s not a ringing endorsement for a player a team is likely to coronate as its future starter in April. He’s the type of player I think would benefit most from a year or two on the bench behind a good starter like Philip Rivers, Tony Romo, Peyton Manning or Drew Brees, but I’m not expecting he’ll be this fortunate.
Old 01-22-2014   #153
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

David Carr has done an excellent job of coaching his younger brother in what to do and how to act to most impress NFL teams, and it's working...

Carr is early to the field and always getting extra work in after practices. He's pulling WRs in with him, and each of the guys who play along are getting noticed for that. Carr's arm was head & shoulders above all others in yesterday's big winds, and he's taking coaching well. But the "intangibles" sales job is increasing his draft stock.

I do not see Carr as having the mind to run OB's system. Props to his brother David, though, for teaching him well and to Derek for listening and following directions.
Old 01-22-2014   #154
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
David Carr has done an excellent job of coaching his younger brother in what to do and how to act to most impress NFL teams, and it's working...

Carr is early to the field and always getting extra work in after practices. He's pulling WRs in with him, and each of the guys who play along are getting noticed for that. Carr's arm was head & shoulders above all others in yesterday's big winds, and he's taking coaching well. But the "intangibles" sales job is increasing his draft stock.

I do not see Carr as having the mind to run OB's system. Props to his brother David, though, for teaching him well and to Derek for listening and following directions.
Maybe he has chosen for himself to show the work ethic and willingness to go the extra mile that was the knock on David?

Will be interested to see where Carr's draft stock is at the end of the week.

I had the feeling he was drifting down the boards, maybe to the end of the first round somewhere but it seems he is showing as the best of the QBs at Senior Bowl.
Old 01-22-2014   #155
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I had the feeling he was drifting down the boards, maybe to the end of the first round somewhere but it seems he is showing as the best of the QBs at Senior Bowl.
Well, this is his competition at the Senior Bowl (with my opinion on their stock)....

Tajh Boyd - 2nd-4th round
Derek Carr - 1st-2nd round
David Fales - 3rd-4th round
Jimmy Garoppolo - 2nd-3rd round
Stephen Morris - 3rd-4th round
Logan Thomas - 4th-6th round

He should be the best one there. That said, I think he has definitely helped himself so far this week.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014   #156
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Maybe he has chosen for himself to show the work ethic and willingness to go the extra mile that was the knock on David?
Carr 1.0 had all the physical tools to succeed int he NFL. If he had just taken on the heavy lifting of the job (late nights and film study), he could have been very good. But we all know how that turned out. So if Carr 2.0 is willing to correct that flaw, he looks like he has the physical tools to succeed also.

Just not here, I don't think.
Old 01-22-2014   #157
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Carr 1.0 had all the physical tools to succeed int he NFL. If he had just taken on the heavy lifting of the job (late nights and film study), he could have been very good. But we all know how that turned out. So if Carr 2.0 is willing to correct that flaw, he looks like he has the physical tools to succeed also.

Just not here, I don't think.
Carr 1 had a good week of practice at the senior bowl . It was the game that should have been the omen .
Old 01-22-2014   #158
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Where do I order my Hulk75 jersey?
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014   #159
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Where do I order my Hulk75 jersey?
Wrong bro, bro
Old 01-23-2014   #160
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wrong bro, bro
How about a QB75 jersey?
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read