Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 12-18-2013   #181
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Who Should I Start Thread

TE Questions 0PPR

Olsen vsNO
Clay @BUF
Pitta vs NE
Miller vs AZ

Not sure which call to make here.
Old 12-18-2013   #182
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Championship Round Start 2 RB: PPR League

Jamal Charles v IND (this is a a given)
Shane Veeren @ BAL
CJ2k @ JAL
Giovani Bernard v MIN
Darren Sproles @ CAR
Andre Brown @ Det

I've normally been swapping the 2nd slot based on lineups. Veeren and Brown have been money but didn't do much last week. Gio probably has the best matchup against MIN at home. Idk...ugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.

Last edited by PapaL; 12-18-2013 at 05:34 PM.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013   #183
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Rep Power: 5732 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

Need advise. Im in the Superbowl with my money league at work. It's round 1.

Tom Brady @ Bal?
or
Russel Wilson vs Ariz?
Im leaning towards Wilson...

My wide receivers are Calvin Johnson and Jeff Gordon and they are solid. My next question is who should I flex.

A.Jeffery @ Philly?
or
DeSean Jackson vs Chicago?

Id rather have one of them then Jones Drew or Fred Jackson for my flex.
TexansBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013   #184
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 10357 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually made it to the SB.
Playing my brother in the super bowl, so A LOT is on the line lol.

Luckily one team decided to drop all of his players, and I picked up Frank Gore, who is running against Atlanta. Zac Stacy was also on the wire. Should I go with Gore or Stacy?

Here's what my lineup looks like.

Brees QB

Lynch RB
Gore RB

DT WR
Edelman WR

H Miller TE

Tucker K

SF TM

Players of note on my bench are Pitta, Roddy White, Boldin, and Fred Jackson.

Normally I'd start Pitta over miller, but he barely got any looks last game, and is going against NE. Any other suggestions?

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013   #185
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Championship Round Start 2 RB:

Shane Veeren @ BAL
CJ2k @ JAL
Giovani Bernard v MIN
Darren Sproles @ CAR
Andre Brown @ Det

I've normally been swapping the 2nd slot based on lineups. Veeren and Brown have been money but didn't do much last week. Gio probably has the best matchup against MIN at home. Idk...ugh.
Is this PPR? I'd probably lean Bernard then Vereen if it isn't PPR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBlood View Post
Need advise. Im in the Superbowl with my money league at work. It's round 1.

Tom Brady @ Bal?
or
Russel Wilson vs Ariz?
Im leaning towards Wilson...
Brady. AZ's defense is legit.

Quote:
My wide receivers are Calvin Johnson and Jeff Gordon and they are solid. My next question is who should I flex.

A.Jeffery @ Philly?
or

Coinflip really. Probably Jeffery but you can make the case for either as both the Philly and Chicago D are pitiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
Actually made it to the SB.
Playing my brother in the super bowl, so A LOT is on the line lol.

Luckily one team decided to drop all of his players, and I picked up Frank Gore, who is running against Atlanta. Zac Stacy was also on the wire. Should I go with Gore or Stacy?

Brees QB

Lynch RB
Gore RB

DT WR
Edelman WR

H Miller TE

Tucker K

SF TM

Normally I'd start Pitta over miller, but he barely got any looks last game, and is going against NE. Any other suggestions?
Gore, and I'd probably play Pitta over Miller as well.
Old 12-18-2013   #186
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Is this PPR? I'd probably lean Bernard then Vereen if it isn't PPR.
It is a PPR league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013   #187
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 11061 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Need help on choosing a defense. Lions, Panthers, or Bengals.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013   #188
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173371 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is my SB match-up. 0PPR 6pt TD's.

I can sub Bernard for MJD/Spiller, Clay/Olsen are my TE's and I think those are my major question marks.
Bernard/Olsen for me, good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
I'm in a quandary with the Saints-Panthers game. I've got Brees and I've got the Panthers DST. One of them is going to get smashed. They played 2 weeks ago and luckily I was on a bye so I didn't have to worry about it.

Is there any way it can work if I start both of them?

I'm going to try to get the Lions off the wire since they're playing the Giants. If I can't get them, then maybe the Browns or Broncos.
Lions for me, good luck.

Quote:
TE Questions 0PPR

Olsen vsNO
Clay @BUF
Pitta vs NE
Miller vs AZ
Olsen for me, good luck.

Quote:
Championship Round Start 2 RB: PPR League

Shane Veeren @ BAL
CJ2k @ JAL
Giovani Bernard v MIN
Darren Sproles @ CAR
Andre Brown @ Det
Charles/Berrnard for me, good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBlood View Post
Tom Brady @ Bal?
or
Russel Wilson vs Ariz?

...who should I flex.

A.Jeffery @ Philly?
or

Brady/DJax for me but I could go Jeffrey just as easily, good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
Should I go with Gore or Stacy?

Brees QB

Lynch RB
Gore RB

DT WR
Edelman WR

H Miller TE

Gore/Edelman/Pitta for me, good luck.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013   #189
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Lions for me, good luck.
Another guy beat me to the Lions. Picked up the Broncos @ HOU and they Browns @ NYJ. I think Schaub is actually going to move the ball on the Broncos, so I'm probably gonna go with the Browns. DST's have been killing the Jets.

Then again I might just start the Panthers and hope that they're able to score and Brees can get garbage time points like he did last week. This matchup gives me nightmares.

Tony Gonzales is also giving me nightmares this week at SF. If I go with someone else, I'll be reaching.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013   #190
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
It is a PPR league.
Probably go Bernard then. He's caught more passes this year and the Patriots offense can be very difficult to figure out who is going to get the receptions from Mister Brady. On the other hand, BJGE isn't really a threat to do much as a receiving option, unlike Bernard.

Quote:
Another guy beat me to the Lions. Picked up the Broncos @ HOU and they Browns @ NYJ. I think Schaub is actually going to move the ball on the Broncos, so I'm probably gonna go with the Browns. DST's have been killing the Jets.

Then again I might just start the Panthers and hope that they're able to score and Brees can get garbage time points like he did last week. This matchup gives me nightmares.

Tony Gonzales is also giving me nightmares this week at SF. If I go with someone else, I'll be reaching.
I'd go with the Browns. Their defense is good and the Jets are not. Probably would start Gonzales unless you have somebody like Olsen or Clay on the WW.
Old 12-20-2013   #191
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36745 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I'm in the final and I've got 2 tough decisions.

Brady @ Baltimore or Cousins at home vs the Cowboys awful D?

It's a 3 WR league and I've got Brandon Marshall. I had Wes Welker, but he's injured. So which 2 should I roll with -- Andre Caldwell (@HOU), Ace Sanders (vs TEN) or Rod Streater (@ SD)?
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013   #192
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post

It's a 3 WR league and I've got Brandon Marshall. I had Wes Welker, but he's injured. So which 2 should I roll with -- Andre Caldwell (@HOU), Ace Sanders (vs TEN) or Rod Streater (@ SD)?
Eh, cowboys are certainly awful but I think Morris might be the guy with the big game and Cousins might get out pointed still by Brady so I'd roll with Tom Terrific. I would probably go Streater > Caldwell >> Sanders in that order. Caldwell also has DT and Decker and Julius Thomas to share balls with and the. Titans secondary has been pretty stingy this year.
Old 12-20-2013   #193
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post

All the guys on the Sirius Fantasy channel are huge on Cousins this week. They're saying he has the best matchup of the week.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read