Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-17-2013   #10
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85909 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fixing the OLine: Draft, FA, In-House

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
First I would look at getting either Eugene Monroe or Michael Oher, which ever one the Ravens don't keep, and making them the starting RT. Baltimore won't be able to keep both.

then I look at the draft picks from last year, Quessenberry or Williams, and see which one can replace Wade Smith and put the other at guard. Move Brooks, I think he was a center in college, to Center and get rid of Meyers. I want my Oline to average 310-315 lbs, forget the ZBS, its time for smash mouth running game.

THEN I look for my QB of the future...

but that is just me...
Brooks played OG and OT in college. IIRC, he never played Center. I wouldn't play him at Center either. He is a pure mauler at OG and you don't take a guy who has the power to block DT's 1-on-1 and move him to C.

I agree about finding a vet O-Lineman to bring in and I do think Quessenberry can win the LG job. I was very high on him coming out last year and thought he would be the steal of the draft being taken that late.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read