Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-16-2013   #301
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Manziel dropped because he played like garbage in losses to LSU and Missouri. Bridgewater dropped because his team lost to UCF, despite him playing fantastic. He was out of the race as soon as his team lost a game because he played in the AAC.

It's funny how now you're using the Heisman as a barometer for success because you think it suits your argument. Troy Smith, Charlie Ward, Chris Weinke, Jason White, Geno Torreta, Danny Wuerffel, Matt Leinart, Andre Ware, and Eric Crouch all won Heismans. Why weren't they great NFL QB's?

Tom Brady never got a Heisman vote. How is he a successful QB if he wasn't top 10 in Heisman voting?
lol, I did that with him a few pages back in this very thread. It's not worth it.

I told everyone he knows his stuff and has good information, but it's not worth it to engage him in back and forth debates because he loves to argue asinine reasoning to support his arguments.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013   #302
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
lol, I did that with him a few pages back in this very thread. It's not worth it.

I told everyone he knows his stuff and has good information, but it's not worth it to engage him in back and forth debates because he loves to argue asinine reasoning to support his arguments.
I don't think he knows anything. He's the Todd McShay of this board. He parrots what he hears from other people but rarely has an original thought of his own. Any evaluation by him is merely linked from a scout or analyst off twitter.

I agree that a serious back and forth is not worth it. His arguments get more and more ridiculous each time. However, it's somewhat entertaining to see just how far he will go with each one.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013   #303
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

he knows his stuff = asinine reasoning = (thanks)
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013   #304
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 158648 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
he knows his stuff = asinine reasoning = (thanks)
OK ... lets bring in an expert on Texian .

Texian .... are you more like Todd McShay , Mel Kiper , Mike Mayok , or Charlie Casserley ?
Old 12-16-2013   #305
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
OK ... lets bring in an expert on Texian .

Texian .... are you more like Todd McShay , Mel Kiper , Mike Mayok , or Charlie Casserley ?
Mike Mayock is the #1 talent evaluator for my money, McShay is the worst.
Old 12-16-2013   #306
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 158648 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Mike Mayock is the #1 talent evaluator for my money, McShay is the worst.
Are you like Joel Buschbaum ?
Old 12-16-2013   #307
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Are you like Joel Buschbaum ?
No. No where close to his level. I'm just an old draftnik who has been enjoying being a draft nerd and a hobby for 40 years. I do believe you have to see 100 QBs drafted, where, why, how they turn out, why they succeed and why they fail before you really can understand the evaluating process. Most of my analysis comes from what I have seen and experienced in the past. My early twenties and thirties I thought I knew it all. If you think I'm bad now, you should have seen my draft analysis then. Actually it was bad and sad.
Old 12-16-2013   #308
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I don't think he knows anything. He's the Todd McShay of this board. He parrots what he hears from other people but rarely has an original thought of his own. Any evaluation by him is merely linked from a scout or analyst off twitter.

I agree that a serious back and forth is not worth it. His arguments get more and more ridiculous each time. However, it's somewhat entertaining to see just how far he will go with each one.
It is clear that Wolverine doesn't care for my analysis but it is me that he dislikes even more.

Last edited by Texian; 12-17-2013 at 08:02 AM.
Old 12-16-2013   #309
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
No. No where close to his level. I'm just an old draftnik who has been enjoying being a draft nerd and a hobby for 40 years. I do believe you have to see 100 QBs drafted, where, why, how they turn out, why they succeed and why they fail before you really can understand the evaluating process. Most of my analysis comes from what I have seen and experienced in the past. My early twenties and thirties I thought I knew it all. If you think I'm bad now, you should have seen my draft analysis then. Actually it was bad and sad.
I think until they go against an NFL defense or the Texans , you don't know . I agree there's hints along the way .
Old 12-16-2013   #310
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I think until they go against an NFL defense or the Texans , you don't know . I agree there's hints along the way .
For the most part I agree and vice a versa. This Bridgewater vs Bortles comparison reminds me very much of a similar situation last year. I was watching tape of the Jim Thorpe Award Winner, All SEC, All American CB Jonathan Banks, intrigued by the prospect that he could be a potential pick for the Texans. I watched 4 different games and one thing was clear to me, the CB I was watching on the other side of the field Darius Slay was a better CB. The more I watched the more I was convinced that Slay was a better player. I went on a message board with my opinons, Slay was better, covered better, faster, broke on the ball better, was a better CB than Banks and IMHO Slay would be drafted before Banks. Much like here here I took a lot of ridicule, called many names etc etc, didn't know what I was talking about so on and so on. Slay was 36th pick, Banks the 43rd pick. Slay vs Banks is much the same feeling I have about Bortles vs Bridgewater.

Last edited by Texian; 12-17-2013 at 08:02 AM.
Old 12-17-2013   #311
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Where did you get this information? I tried Googling this after you posted it and haven't been able to find anything to confirm this other than the article talking about 'wearing gloves is sometimes a sign of small hands.'

8.5" is pretty small. I started reading an article about how this affects things and it seemed pretty informative from a couple of standpoints:

http://www.eagleseyeblog.com/2010-ar...ly-matter.html

He just turned 21 less than a month ago. Hopefully his mits will grow a little larger.

I also looked to see how many fumbles he's had in his collegiate career to see if it's a large number that can be attributed to small hands, but I can't find this number. Does anyone have a good website or answer to the number of fumbles?
I've read where that's a concern but hasn't been confirmed . Heck ... he may have dry hands .
Old 12-17-2013   #312
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
For the most part I agree and vice a versa. This Bridgewater vs Bortles comparison reminds me very much of a similar situation last year. I was watching tape of the Jim Thorpe Award Winner, All SEC, All American CB Jonathan Banks, intrigued by the prospect that he could be a potential pick for the Texans. I watched 4 different games and one thing was clear to me, the CB I was watching on the other side of the field Darius Slay was a better CB. The more I watched the more I was convinced that Slay was a better player. I went on a message board with my opinons, Slay was better, covered better, faster, broke on the ball better, was a better CB than Banks and IMHO Slay would be drafted before Banks. Much like here here I took a lot of ridicule, called many names etc etc, didn't know what I was talking about so on and so on. Slay was 36th pick, Banks the 43rd pick. Slay vs Banks is much the same feeling I have about Bortles vs Bridgewater.
Your logic slays me.

Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013   #313
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Your logic slays me.

Never my intention, that thought never crossed my mind and I never expected you to understand in the first place.
Old 12-17-2013   #314
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 143539 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wow, I had same opinion of Slay. I really liked Banks but he began to slip at end and Slay just kept moving up my board. IIRC, The 3 Amigos mocked Slay for a while. I often don't follow a player after draft. Do you have any info on Darrius?
Old 12-17-2013   #315
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It is clear that Wolverine doesn't care for my analysis but it is me that he dislikes even more.

I don't dislike you at all. It's a message board. But I treat a troll like a troll.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 12-17-2013   #316
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I don't dislike you at all. It's a message board. But I treat a troll like a troll.
so that's why you search out my posts
Old 12-17-2013   #317
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Texian the troll. Has a nice ring to it. And accurate to boot.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013   #318
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 306626 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Wow, I had same opinion of Slay. I really liked Banks but he began to slip at end and Slay just kept moving up my board. IIRC, The 3 Amigos mocked Slay for a while. I often don't follow a player after draft. Do you have any info on Darrius?
Slay had knee surgery right after the draft. He has had limited play and is currently hampered by a knee again.

Banks is a starter in Tampa.
Old 12-17-2013   #319
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I don't search you out at all. I stick mainly to the college football board if you haven't noticed.

However, let's not forget that you're the one who followed me to the Bill O'Brien thread to try and troll some more about Blake Bortles.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 12-17-2013   #320
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I don't search you out at all. I stick mainly to the college football board if you haven't noticed.

However, let's not forget that you're the one who followed me to the Bill O'Brien thread to try and troll some more about Blake Bortles.
Wouldn't you just be better off ignoring my post? I do not aspire to live rent free inside your head. Never have. If you think I am a troll I can show you what a real troll is like, just say the word. All your post will be followed by my posts containing 4 letters saying you forgot to include IMHO.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read