Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-11-2013   #21
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Matt Prater sets new NFL longest Field Goal record

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Are you sure about that? I know I remember a couple of QBs definitely one being Tom Brady pooch punt.
oh yeah, you're right. There are still some obscure rules in the books that crafty coaches exploit every once in awhile. Always weird to see and something I obviously rarely remember!

On a side note, aren't kickers in the history books as the top scorers in the NFL? I thought I'd heard recently that the top 10 leaders in career points are kickers.
Old 12-11-2013   #22
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 140741 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
On a side note, aren't kickers in the history books as the top scorers in the NFL? I thought I'd heard recently that the top 10 leaders in career points are kickers.
i believe so. i dont know if it's the top 10, but if i remember correctly the andersons (mort and gary?) held the top 2 spots.
Old 12-11-2013   #23
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Top 10 career scorers:

Quote:
1. Morten Andersen 2,544 1982-2007 5TM
2. Gary Anderson 2,434 1982-2004 5TM
3. Jason Hanson 2,150 1992-2012 det
4. John Carney 2,062 1988-2010 7TM
5. Matt Stover 2,004 1991-2009 3TM
6. George Blanda+ 2,002 1949-1975 4TM
7. Jason Elam 1,983 1993-2009 2TM
8. Adam Vinatieri 1,972 1996-2013 2TM
9. John Kasay 1,970 1991-2011 3TM
10. Norm Johnson 1,736 1982-1999 4TM
Jerry Rice is the first non-kicker at 31.

But QBs are not considered to have scored. The points go to the receivers. Peyton would have 2886 passing points.
Old 12-12-2013   #24
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Top 10 career scorers:

Jerry Rice is the first non-kicker at 31.

But QBs are not considered to have scored. The points go to the receivers. Peyton would have 2886 passing points.
Holy cow about Manning!

Thanks for the heads up about Rice at 31. Interesting bit of trivia.
Old 12-12-2013   #25
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
So...how far you go...is dependent...on your balls?
Or there about.. although I do think income sometimes plays a part.
Old 12-16-2013   #26
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Or there about.. although I do think income sometimes plays a part.

pity...it would be nice to see someone succeed because of their BALLS...
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read