Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2013   #401
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedr View Post
Didn't get to watch the game, but saw the score.

It seems like it is the opinion of most that the whole staff needs to go. I can definitely agree with that. However, the disturbing thing that I'm reading is that the players are quitting. Does this mean many of the players have to go also, or is it simply a matter of getting new coaches in?
After today's game, I think at least half the players on this team need to go. It. Was. Bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
houstonspartan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013   #402
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Indianapolis Colts. 12/15. Noon. CBS. **Official Gameday Thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
That's not the point Nate. It's not about money. It is about having some class and handling your business without trying to humiliate someone who gave you his everything.

This move humiliated Kubiak and damages his chances to get another HC job. Should have let Kubiak finish out the year.
Building a handpicked team that players quit on you will do more damage to Gary ever getting a HC job, than BoB firing Gary with 3 games left in the season ever could.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013   #403
tedr
Veteran

Rep Power: 3444 tedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Indianapolis Colts. 12/15. Noon. CBS. **Official Gameday Thread*

I'm of the opinion that Gary got more time than he earned. Not many coaches get to stay around almost eight years with a .500 record, unless you mix in a few trips to the Super Bowl, which Gary didn't have. It was beyond time to let him go, so I don't feel there is anything wrong with him being let go when it happened.
tedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013   #404
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

It's difficult to believe that the Texans are really this bad. But damn, they are truly pathetic. I keep hoping that any game now they'll finally rise up, but that isn't going to happen. Guess it's between us and Washington now to see who is the worst of the year in 2013.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013   #405
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

this is just a sad thing now i kinda feel sorry for wade his farther loved this city and wade does two kinda sad how this all ended up like this. we really need to go full blown reset mode next year rebuilding rather bob likes it or not and i dont wanna rebuild with rick smith on the council dark days are ahead my friends
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013   #406
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonhurricane View Post
Blow the whole franchise up.
That's been my stance for some time now but McNair just wants to smear on a band-aid. Not gonna work.

The owner is startin' to piss me off!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013   #407
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Hey, why not? Our offense is so predictable that there is room for the other team to try trick plays, new plays, etc. Wouldn't shock me if the Colts brought in the water boy to play QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is he a free agent next season?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013   #408
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

There are still people on this board that have the nerve to defend Kubiak?!?

With fans like these, no wonder Houston sports have been the laughing stock of the sports world. We will never have accountability with our sports teams if we the fans don't ever start expecting, no demanding, greatness from our franchises that we spend our hard earned money on.

Kubiak is a good guy; he isn't a good head coach. We needed to fire him so we could see what we have with the rest of the coaching staff. Today showed us we have a whole lot of nothing on this staff. The players have quit. It's time we the fans quit on them until the organization cleans house.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013   #409
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
With fans like these, no wonder Houston sports have been the laughing stock of the sports world.
I don't see how you can put the blame on Houston's pro sports failures on the fans. They don't block, tackle, run, catch, shoot, rebound, pitch, hit or field.
Old 12-15-2013   #410
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
That's been my stance for some time now but McNair just wants to smear on a band-aid. Not gonna work.

The owner is startin' to piss me off!
But see: if you put a band aid on it these same fans that defend anything the org does will continue to buy in and that means the $$$$ will keep on rolling in for Uncle BoB.

No need to build a solid foundation/trenches. That's not sexy enough for Boardroom BoB.
Old 12-15-2013   #411
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I don't see how you can put the blame on Houston's pro sports failures on the fans. They don't block, tackle, run, catch, shoot, rebound, pitch, hit or field.
You aren't demanding enough. If you had only banged your fist more and derided the team more they would have gone back to the playoffs this year.
Old 12-15-2013   #412
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
You aren't demanding enough. If you had only banged your fist more and derided the team more they would have gone back to the playoffs this year.
I'm just saying sometimes there is something to the fans protesting, not showing up to games, not buying merchandise, etc. I think Houston fans, especially football fans, are so wounded by the Oilers leaving town that they are scared to demand excellence from their franchise. People should have been calling for Kubiak to lose his job after the 2010 season when we went 6-10. 5 years was plenty to know what we had.

Instead, we keep Kubiak, make the playoffs for two years simply because for some odd reason teams just can't figure Wade Philips out his first season with a team, and have to go through this whole process 3 years later. I wanted Harbaugh that year, and one can only imagine how different things could have gone had we just bit the bullet and fired Kubiak after he had already proven to be inept at making second half adjustments or clock management. But go on with your cute little quips. You are one funny dude, cak.
Old 12-15-2013   #413
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

The majority of the fans wanted Kubiak gone in 2010. If the decision had been put to a vote casted by season ticket holders, he would have been gone. It doesn't work that way, however. Not our fault.
Old 12-15-2013   #414
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
The whole Texans org deserves to be derided for this yrs putrid performance.
Old 12-15-2013   #415
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Quote:
The majority of the fans wanted Kubiak gone in 2010. If the decision had been put to a vote casted by season ticket holders, he would have been gone. It doesn't work that way, however. Not our fault.
Are you sure about that? Have any numbers to back up that statement? I remember hearing a ton of homers still claiming he deserved more time, that he needed a better defensive coordinator, still was working with Casserly and Capers players, etc. It seemed to be excuse after excuse for Gary.

Anyway, I'm not calling Houston fans bad fans by any means. More than anything my statement was intended as a jab to those "fans" that are so blinded by their loyalty to a specific player or coach that they are willing to sacrifice wins just in the hopes that they will eventually be correct about said player or coach.
Old 12-15-2013   #416
Lucky

Quote:
Are you sure about that? Have any numbers to back up that statement?

Anyway, I'm not calling Houston fans bad fans by any means. More than anything my statement was intended as a jab to those "fans" that are so blinded by their loyalty to a specific player or coach that they are willing to sacrifice wins just in the hopes that they will eventually be correct about said player or coach.
Then argue that, rather than take it to the absrd conclusion that the teams, failures are on the fans.
Old 12-15-2013   #417
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

deleted

Sorry, wrong thread.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013   #418
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 112365 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't remember ever falling asleep during a texans game. I was looking forward to at least seeing what players are worth keeping next season but it feels more like these last few games will be like the fourth preseason games. Dennison is too kubak esque to be a good Oc and wade is well... Too much like wade.
Old 12-15-2013   #419
tvaughan
Rookie

Rep Power: 3384 tvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So you're mad at fans for being fans?

For years I've heard people try to define what a "real fan" was. Usually it's some form of rooting for the team through thick and thin. This is the first I've heard it as essentially quit rooting for the team until it wins.

Personally, I root for players and coaches as much as I root for the team. It's why I tend to follow players that I like even after they leave and get very uncomfortable when a player I don't like or respect is on my team. I will continue to root for college players that enter the pro arena.

I remember being happy for Lance Berkman after he finally won a world series. I was genuinely happy for a grown man I have never met. I honestly dislike the idea that AJ may never win a SB with the Texans. Again, a grown man I have never met.

Like a team that has a huge financial or draft pick invested in a player, fans will always be more patient with players they have an emotional investment in. They are, after all, fans.
tvaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013   #420
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 70974 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

What this team needs is a good kick in the ass. I hate when everything is going wrong and our coaches just stand their like statues and say nothing to players. I want a coach who holds players accountable, and will rip players a new ass hole when they arent doing their jobs.

Also i have been a big Case suppporter but i think this coaching staff has ruined him and what he does great. He had so man chances to scramble and move the pocket today and yet he didnt. He is staying in the pocket even though he shouldnt. And we all know what he can do outside the pocket.

On that note Case does not look like the answer next season. We better draft good this off season is all i know.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read