Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2013   #341
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Indianapolis Colts. 12/15. Noon. CBS. **Official Gameday Thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
I think the route tree is designed to have that pattern be the designed outlet. It's not that I don't understand why guys would want to throw to a hall of famer when in doubt. I do. I think the design of the offense is contributing to the failure.

It defies logic to see the exact same pick by three different QBs in the same season without some major design flaws.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Sorry they aren't being coached to throw it to Dre no matter what
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013   #342
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Every quarterback throws that pick at some point, this is not something that is uncommon.

I don't agree with your overall point. My opinion is that Schaub and Keenum are just playing poorly, or are not good. I'm leaning toward not good.
Fair enough. I'm ready to be unsurprised when a new OC suddenly doesn't have these same issues with the same personnel though.

Old 12-15-2013   #343
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Indianapolis Colts. 12/15. Noon. CBS. **Official Gameday Thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Keenum is just not good. I think he got caught with a case of beginner's luck and that wore out pretty damn quick. He has no clutch gene and seemingly can't put together a decent drive.
I have been defending up until now. I have nothing to say in his defense anymore. He's had opportunities and has made bad decisions.

I think the game tape led to his down fall. Our offensive scheme doesn't help, but I don't think Keenum is a starting QB
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013   #344
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Sorry they aren't being coached to throw it to Dre no matter what
Didn't say they were, might try reading. It's a tendency created by the design.

Old 12-15-2013   #345
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Fair enough. I'm ready to be unsurprised when a new OC suddenly doesn't have these dame issues with the same personnel though.

It will be with different QBs so who are you going to credit?
Old 12-15-2013   #346
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Didn't say they were, might try reading. It's a tendency created by the design.

A tendency to force balls to a covered Dre?
Old 12-15-2013   #347
Topher
Darth Tardis

Rep Power: 6475 Topher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respected

Do we even have a sack?
Topher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013   #348
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Fair enough. I'm ready to be unsurprised when a new OC suddenly doesn't have these dame issues with the same personnel though.

I can see that happening. You can't discount the fact that most of these guys have given up here.

That said, Keenum isn't the guy. He has made a lot of bad reads and that's what is hurting us today. He has had ample gametime to show us what he's got.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013   #349
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

It boils down to this: Texan Spirit has officially been broken

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013   #350
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Why can't a Texans qb ever whistle the ball overhead and out of bounds when that little out route is covered?
Old 12-15-2013   #351
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
Dre is SLOW now. He only runs slants, curls, and in routes. He can't run a fly route past anybody so CBs are squatting on him now.
I would agree with you, but then we would both be wrong.
Old 12-15-2013   #352
Nitrofish
Humanoid

Rep Power: 56366 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
How was it classless? Give me a break.
Because Kubiak has served this team for a very long time, and gave his heart and soul, and even his health. Made the Texans relevant, and took them to back to back division championships. You do not fire a coach that has done that much for the franchise with 3 games left because it does NOTHING to help further the teams goals.

It was classless, and unnecessary.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013   #353
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Exactly. Especially when 1 of the QBs hasn't had it as a tendency for years and then this year comes up with it.

BS. AJ has run past people plenty of times this year. Look at his long receptions early on with Keenum.
Off of broken plays where the DB stops...

This team is SLOW, SLOW, SLOW. Not a single player with above average speed at any of the skill positions.

If the WRs had a relay race vs other teams, they would finish at the bottom.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013   #354
Nitrofish
Humanoid

Rep Power: 56366 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Why can't a Texans qb ever whistle the ball overhead and out of bounds when that little out route is covered?
I remember this guy named Schaub who used to do that, but then everyone here complained.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013   #355
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn the Texans suck. Who was responsible for that? Newton or was wrong protection called?
Old 12-15-2013   #356
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Keenum to Hopkins

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013   #357
Austrian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2061 Austrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respected

Now even Germans sack Keenum.
Austrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013   #358
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
I remember this guy names Schaub who used to do that, but then everyone here complained.
Schaub was Kubiak'd and forgot how to do that
Old 12-15-2013   #359
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
I remember this guy names Schaub who used to do that, but then everyone here complained.
Don't forget the sacks he took by just falling down vs running backwards 15-20 yards before taking the sack
Old 12-15-2013   #360
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 20837 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

embarrassing...

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read