Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2013   #301
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 94266 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Indianapolis Colts. 12/15. Noon. CBS. **Official Gameday Thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
The most pissed off Texan should be TJ Yates. He gets to play one half of football and inherited a big deficit. And that's the only chance he gets? In the mean time, Case gets opportunity after opportunity to prove he can start in this league. I don't get it?
Same thing I was thinking. Especially after Yates was the hero winning that game against the Bengals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
This team has no soul.

We didn't rally when the coach had a stroke.

We didn't rally to salvage the team's reputation after a long losing streak.

We are not rallying for respect after we fired our coach. (A coach that they supposedly loved).

No one is rallying to save their jobs next year.

No soul.

Clean house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just like many of the fans.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013   #302
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 59406 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Indianapolis Colts. 12/15. Noon. CBS. **Official Gameday Thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
And to think when I came into the office today, I was actually kinda pissed I couldn't stream it here, but reading everyone's comments is probably way more entertaining. Even laughing at how bad we are is getting old. But then again, that's pretty funny...
Sad but true
Old 12-15-2013   #303
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Bob McNair is brilliant. He fired Kubiak in order to give himself time to evaluate the rest of the staff. He'd already made his mind up about Kubiak the first time they played Jacksonville. This game is confirmation of how deep his firing should go.
Old 12-15-2013   #304
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Blow the whole franchise up.
Old 12-15-2013   #305
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

The defense has actually played pretty well. 11 of the 25 points have come on short fields by the offense or STs. The offense has been atrocious and there's no redeeming qualities for them. We need a shake up on the offense in the offseason.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013   #306
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29607 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
these MF'ers are trying to rub it in with the double reverse.
Hey, why not? Our offense is so predictable that there is room for the other team to try trick plays, new plays, etc. Wouldn't shock me if the Colts brought in the water boy to play QB.

houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013   #307
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 144801 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
There aren't a ton of ways to mess up at QB. You either throw interceptions, fumble, are inaccurate, or a combination.

What mistakes could they make that you wouldn't consider to be "the same?"
Now we're getting somewhere. I love Dre as much as anyone, but the number of picks when he's running stop routes is staggering. That's systemic. I'd say the same thing if all the picks were on deep posts, but they aren't.

I'm not the only guy noticing there are usually open receivers elsewhere, many time on deeper routes when these "underneath to AJ" picks happen.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-15-2013   #308
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29607 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Bob McNair is brilliant. He fired Kubiak in order to give himself time to evaluate the rest of the staff. He'd already made his mind up about Kubiak the first time they played Jacksonville. This game is confirmation of how deep his firing should go.
Yep. Agree 100 percent. From a big picture view, firing Kubiak in-season was necessary for long-term planning.

Old 12-15-2013   #309
Austrian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2061 Austrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respected

A fake punt? Really?
Austrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013   #310
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 53145 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Man Kubes should be thankful he got fired when he did, today's performance would have surely killed him.
Old 12-15-2013   #311
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 53326 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

This is the 1994 Oilers all over again.

Cody Carlson
Bucky Richardson
Billy Joe Tolliver

Nearly the same defense as the year before. Same offensive players, as well, after a previous 12-4 season.

Finishing 2-14

We'd be lucky to pick up a Steve McNair in the 1st round.

Hell, I'm ready to trade for Cousins.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013   #312
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 59406 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Only a 10 yd sack that time. Yay!!!
Old 12-15-2013   #313
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Keenum has done nothing to show me he deserves to be on this team next year. Not even as a backup.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013   #314
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Throw the ball!
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013   #315
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
Man Kubes should be thankful he got fired when he did, today's performance would have surely killed him.
Lol. Except...he created the culture that led to this mess.

Old 12-15-2013   #316
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
So, the QB guru of a coach picks three guys that all have the exact same tendencies? They make the same mistakes even when NOT under pressure? Are YOU joking? The common denominators are few.

No coach teaches a qb to lock on or force balls into double or triple coverage. I'm not joking that's reality. Stay in whatever fantasy land you want to though
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013   #317
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 53145 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Lol. Except...he created the culture that led to this mess.

I was talking more about his own mortality. I didn't like him as the Texans coach but I didn't wish death on him. Forget TIA, he'd go full aneurysm today.
Old 12-15-2013   #318
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 144801 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
No coach teaches a qb to lock on or force balls into double or triple coverage. I'm not joking that's reality. Stay in whatever fantasy land you want to though
Yep, it's just a happy coincidence. Keep reading and learn something.

Old 12-15-2013   #319
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Now we're getting somewhere. I love Dre as much as anyone, but the number of picks when he's running stop routes is staggering. That's systemic. I'd say the same thing if all the picks were on deep posts, but they aren't.

I'm not the only guy noticing there are usually open receivers elsewhere, many time on deeper routes when these "underneath to AJ" picks happen.

So, you think the coach is telling the QBs to throw a covered Andre stop route?

It's just bad QB play. A coach doesn't make it to the NFL level by encouraging his QB not to read through his progressions.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013   #320
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Dre is SLOW now. He only runs slants, curls, and in routes. He can't run a fly route past anybody so CBs are squatting on him now.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read