Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-13-2013   #241
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Just read on Twitter than he was contemplating staying in school.
Old 12-13-2013   #242
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 80379 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I hope for the Texans sake and my sanity if Bridgewater is drafted he doesn't turn into another Moon. I cant take many more Buffalo/Denver/Kansas City playoff choke jobs.
I would be absolutely delirious with excitement if Bridgewater turned out to be as good as Moon. Maybe him being an icon of my youth might have something to do with it, but if you get a guy as good as Moon on your roster you will be going to the playoffs a lot, especially now with how the rules are set for the passing game. I know Moon was pretty polished having played in the CFL for years before coming to the NFL and he had a crapload of PR work to do because of his skin color, but he's easily the best QB the Oilers/Titans or Texans have ever had.
Old 12-13-2013   #243
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 55787 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I would be absolutely delirious with excitement if Bridgewater turned out to be as good as Moon. Maybe him being an icon of my youth might have something to do with it, but if you get a guy as good as Moon on your roster you will be going to the playoffs a lot, especially now with how the rules are set for the passing game. I know Moon was pretty polished having played in the CFL for years before coming to the NFL and he had a crapload of PR work to do because of his skin color, but he's easily the best QB the Oilers/Titans or Texans have ever had.
Yep, having a future HOF'er here as qb would be pretty sweet
Old 12-13-2013   #244
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 136745 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Teddy Bridgewater Reportedly Considering Return to Louisville for Senior Season; LINK

Quote:
Louisville quarterback and potential top overall pick Teddy Bridgewater isn't a lock to enter the 2014 NFL draft. The highly touted prospect is reportedly still considering the option of returning to the Cardinals for his senior season.

John Middlekauff of CSN Bay Area, who's a former NFL scout with the Philadelphia Eagles, reports multiple sources have told him Bridgewater isn't totally sure if he's going to make the jump. One more season at Louisville remains a realistic option:

Interestingly, when pressed on why a top prospect like Bridgewater would consider giving up the opportunity to get selected with the top pick for another year in college, Middlekauff noted he's heard from people at the next level who don't think the Louisville product would go No. 1:
That would certainly change this huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013   #245
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209048 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Quote:
Middlekauff noted he's heard from people at the next level who don't think the Louisville product would go No. 1

That would certainly change this huh?

Honestly I don't know if it does change things , If he wasn't going #1 , what does it matter if he doesn't come out .... It might affect trading the pick if there was a team who really wanted him and not one of the other QB candidates. But otherwise for the Texans , if he isn't there to take and they weren't going to take him anyhow .... it matters not.

I do think it somewhat justifies the statements many of us have made about his value at #1 overall if GM's aren't going to take him ....

If he isn't the #1 QB taken , who is ?!? Carr ?? Johnny Football !?! Blake Bortles ??!

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013   #246
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 136745 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post

If he isn't the #1 QB taken , who is ?!? Carr ?? Johnny Football !?! Blake Bortles ??!
I wouldn't take any of those guys at #1. No Bridgewater means Clowney is the undisputed top pick IMO.

Quote:
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
Old 12-13-2013   #247
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 357040 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Middlekauff noted he's heard from people at the next level who don't think the Louisville product would go No. 1
I'm not seeing the logic here. Does he think he will be No.1 next year? His level of competition won't have changed.
Old 12-13-2013   #248
TheDrifter
All Pro

Rep Power: 18083 TheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respected

He's just waiting to make sure the Jags dont end up with the first pick.
TheDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013   #249
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209048 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I'm not seeing the logic here. Does he think he will be No.1 next year? His level of competition won't have changed.
Level of competition isn't the only questionmark for Bridgewater , his mechanics may be the bigger question.

Most of us agree that if we were to draft him , we wouldn't start him out of the gate for whatever combination of reasons .... If he's not ready , he's probably better served staying in school and playing football than sitting on the sidelines. (But damn , its hard to pass up that big payday).

Is he the #1 overall next season ?! Probably not with Jameis Winston , Mariota and others likely coming out.

Quote:
I wouldn't take any of those guys at #1. No Bridgewater means Clowney is the undisputed top pick IMO.

I don't think that's set in stone .... There are a lot of red flags with Clowney , this season has been piss poor for him (3 sacks?!).
At least a couple other candidates for the #1 overall IMO starting with Matthews & Barr ... Maybe even Mosley who I think is the best "football player" in this draft.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 12-13-2013   #250
PapaL
Loose Screw

Quote:
I don't think that's set in stone .... There are a lot of red flags with Clowney , this season has been piss poor for him (3 sacks?!).
At least a couple other candidates for the #1 overall IMO starting with Matthews & Barr ... Maybe even Mosley who I think is the best "football player" in this draft.
Every player has warts of some sort. Let's agree to disagree. IMO it's Teddy or Clowney at #1.

Quote:
Old 12-13-2013   #251
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14619 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Louisville is moving to the ACC next year by the way.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013   #252
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Actually, it will.

He'll be in the ACC Atlantic next year, which means he'll play both Florida State and Clemson, mandatory. Also, Boston College, who has a very good coach and is on the rise. The level of competition will be much higher.

It actually makes as a bit of sense.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013   #253
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Actually, it will.

He'll be in the ACC Atlantic next year, which means he'll play both Florida State and Clemson, mandatory. Also, Boston College, who has a very good coach and is on the rise. The level of competition will be much higher.

It actually makes as a bit of sense.
Is there a legitimate fear on his part that he doesn't become a top five pick, minimum? I mean, sure, if he stays then all aboard the clown car, y'all.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013   #254
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
Is there a legitimate fear on his part that he doesn't become a top five pick, minimum? I mean, sure, if he stays then all aboard the clown car, y'all.
Man if those 3 sacks get him drafted #1 overall .... ugh.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 12-14-2013   #255
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
Just looking at it overall, it may not be all about draft position. Maybe he really likes his coach Charlie Strong and his teammates. Maybe he wants to take this Louisville team further. Maybe not,
I don't know.

I'm only saying that staying for another year does make some sense.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013   #256
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yep, it'll only be his sacks and not:

1) His rare combination of size and speed; or
2) His impressive 2012 year; or
3) The tape

It'll just be the three sacks.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013   #257
PapaL
Loose Screw

Quote:
Have you ever watched him play or are you basing everything on this years stat sheet?

Quote:
Old 12-14-2013   #258
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrifter View Post
He's just waiting to make sure the Jags dont end up with the first pick.
The way we've played in 2013 he may just be waiting to make sure someone other than the Texans ends up with the first pick.
Old 12-14-2013   #259
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

A lot of us look at Clowney and have visions of Mario Williams II in our heads. Not a bad pick but ultimately never the player so many people thought (and said) he could be.
Old 12-14-2013   #260
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Have you ever watched him play or are you basing everything on this years stat sheet?
I've watched almost every game he's played over the past two seasons.

I Miss Good Schaub.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read