Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-13-2013   #1
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ourlads Top 33 for 2014 Includes Juniors

Ourlads Top 33 for 2014 Includes Juniors
  1. Jake Matthews LOT Texas A&M 6050 310 4.95
  2. Anthony Barr OLB UCLA 6040 245 4.48
  3. Teddy Bridgewater* QB Louisville 6030 196 4.65
  4. Taylor Lewan LOT Michigan 6070 315 5.25
  5. Stephon Tuitt* DE Notre Dame 6050 303 4.95
  6. Cyrus Kouandjio* LOT Alabama 6050 310 5.10
  7. Jadeveon Clowney* DE South Carolina 6064 275 4.55
  8. Mike Evans* WR Texas A&M 6050 225 4.55
  9. Louis Nix III* DT Notre Dame 6020 326 5.30
  10. Sammy Watkins* WR/RS Clemson 6010 205 4.45
  11. Marqise Lee* WR/RS USC 6000 195 4.45
  12. CJ Mosley OLB Alabama 6020 232 4.65
  13. Justin Gilbert DC Oklahoma State 6000 200 4.49
  14. Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State 5110 200 4.50
  15. Ifo Ekpre-Olomu* DC Oregon 5100 190 4.50
  16. Cameron Erving* OT Florida State 6050 310 5.30
  17. Antonio Richardson* OT Tennessee 6060 335 5.16
  18. Khalil Mack OLB Buffalo 6030 245 4.65
  19. Trent Murphy DE/OB Stanford 6050 261 4.86
  20. Tajh Boyd QB Clemson 6010 225 4.70
  21. Ryan Shazier* OLB Ohio State 6020 226 4.55
  22. Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix* FS Alabama 6010 210 4.55
  23. Jason Verrett DC TCU 5100 178 4.50
  24. Jace Amaro* TE Texas Tech 6050 260 4.65
  25. Kyle Van Noy OLB Brigham Young 6030 235 4.68
  26. Vic Beasley* OLB Clemson 6030 225 4.65
  27. James Hurst OT North Carolina 6060 310 5.30
  28. Zack Martin OG Notre Dame 6040 305 5.15
  29. Cyril Richardson OG Baylor 6045 335 5.35
  30. Lamarcus Joyner CB/SS Florida State 5080 195 4.49
  31. Chris Smith DE/OB Arkansas 6036 270 4.75
  32. Eric Ebron* TE North Carolina 6040 245 4.65
  33. Dominique Easley DT Florida 6020 285 4.90
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013   #2
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182216 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ourlads Top 33 for 2014 Includes Juniors

You stole that ... LOL .
Old 12-13-2013   #3
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56984 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

I know it's still very early and I expect this list will change drastically but this is one of Our Lads more disappointing list. Bortles and Manziel are definite 1st rounders and Greg Robinson may be the best LT in this draft.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013   #4
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
I know it's still very early and I expect this list will change drastically but this is one of Our Lads more disappointing list. Bortles and Manziel are definite 1st rounders and Greg Robinson may be the best LT in this draft.
Manziel not going in the first round would be good for us, though; would make it easier to go with Clowney and pick JFF later.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013   #5
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182216 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
A couple of months ago Johnny Football was #1 . Now he's not on the list .
Old 12-13-2013   #6
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
You stole that ... LOL .
Stole? Are you Dan?

Yeah, I've never posted a thread about Dan's scouting: Ourlads 2013 Draft Thread , which is interesting to go back and look at now. Sheldon Richardson @ #3 is top rookie so far, they were highest on Cordarrelle & Keenan Allen. Whiffed on Warford.

I'm still in the trade down camp. I hope we can find two teams.
Old 12-13-2013   #7
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Stole? Are you Dan?

Yeah, I've never posted a thread about Dan's scouting: Ourlads 2013 Draft Thread , which is interesting to go back and look at now. Sheldon Richardson @ #3 is top rookie so far, they were highest on Cordarrelle & Keenan Allen. Whiffed on Warford.

I'm still in the trade down camp. I hope we can find two teams.
Actually yes .... I am a Dan .
Old 12-13-2013   #8
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Actually yes .... I am a Dan .
Well then, Mr. Shonka, I suggest you stick with your very good player evals and cease doing mock drafts because the mock guesses make you look bad... leave those to Kiper et al.
Old 12-13-2013   #9
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Well then, Mr. Shonka, I suggest you stick with your very good player evals and cease doing mock drafts because the mock guesses make you look bad... leave those to Kiper et al.
Um ... A Dan .
Old 12-13-2013   #10
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94431 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
Manziel not going in the first round would be good for us, though; would make it easier to go with Clowney and pick JFF later.
I would be blown away if that happened
Old 12-13-2013   #11
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
Note this isn't a mock draft -- different animal.
Old 12-14-2013   #12
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Note this isn't a mock draft -- different animal.
I get that, I was just commenting in general.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014   #13
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Top 32 Plus Update 2/3/14

http://www.ourlads.com/top-32-colleg...t/2014/2356481

Quote:
Jadeveon Clowney* DE South Carolina 6064 275 4.55
Jake Matthews LOT Texas A&M 6050 310 4.95
Four-year starter who played right tackle in 2012. The second pick in the 2013 draft, Luke Joeckel, played on the left side. Moved to left tackle in the spring. Matthews is the middle son of Hall-of-Famer Bruce Matthews. A knee bender who plays with attitude and effort. Competes for an up-tempo offensive team. Good athletic ability and is consistently effective as a run blocker and pass protector. Smooth lateral shuffle in pass protection. Plays square with his long torso and takes advantage of his long arms. Uses his quick hands efficiently in his punch, stab, placement, and extension. Good six-inch pop. Can redirect and shift his weight quickly. Moves quickly off the ball as a zone blocker in the run game. Solid stance and foot quickness. Effective on combination and second level blocks. Stays balanced with good body control when blocking on the move. Plays with good leverage to anchor versus power. A top-5 talent. First-team All-American by the Football Writers of America Association.
Sammy Watkins* WR/RS Clemson 6010 205 4.45
Greg Robinson* LOT Auburn 6050 314 5.10
Anthony Barr OLB UCLA 6040 245 4.48
Two-year starter. Moved to linebacker in the spring of 2012 after playing running back and Pistol fullback for two years. Projects as a 3-4 right outside pass rushing linebacker. Can beat an offensive tackle with his athletic ability. Sets the edge in the running game. Plays with knee bend and leverage. Gets under a tackle’s pads and can run him back to the quarterback. Has the speed to run down screen passes from behind. Plays square, locks out, and skates down the line of scrimmage. Explosive and sudden quickness off the ball on a speed rush. Tough to block on twist stunts. Can bend the corner. Equally as quick in a three or two point stance. Has a burst to the quarterback after he gets off the block. Quick change of direction
Old 02-03-2014   #14
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Still have Boyd at @39.... mustn't have gotten the memo about him going undrafted.
Old 02-03-2014   #15
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Good sh...stuff Texian. I keep telling people you know your stuff. You were 2 months ahead of OUR LADS on this one. Good show.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014   #16
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

i trust ourlads more than any draft scouting site/personality on the net/tv. i was waiting for their reports on this years combine to see bortles at the bottom of the mr. average pile....
Old 02-05-2014   #17
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Just noticed they have Mosley at OLB. Is that a typo?
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014   #18
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81298 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
Just noticed they have Mosley at OLB. Is that a typo?
I've seen some places list him as a WLB because of his athleticism. I just think it adds to his versatility. I'd use him in the middle unless I already had a guy entrenched there.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014   #19
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94431 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I've seen some places list him as a WLB because of his athleticism. I just think it adds to his versatility. I'd use him in the middle unless I already had a guy entrenched there.
Even if he weighs in at 228 lbs as listed in several places? That's awfully light to play in the middle.
Old 02-05-2014   #20
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81298 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Even if he weighs in at 228 lbs as listed in several places? That's awfully light to play in the middle.
Really depends on which team it is. He's just a few pounds less than Kuechly is.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read