Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 10-14-2013   #1
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Earl's Why Not 180 in 2014 .

This is my 2014 projection using the Walter as a reference to cherry pick and going back to the 4-3 . http://walterfootball.com/draft2014charlie.php If they're not listed , they may not be on the team . I'm trading Tate .

Right now I'm leaning toward Mike Zimmer or Jack Del Rio as coach .

Offense
LWR 80 JOHNSON, ANDRE
RWR 10 Hopkins, DeAndre 11 Posey, DeVier
LT 76 Brown, Duane
LG Gabe Jackson, G 2nd pick
C 55 MYERS, CHRIS
RG 79 Brooks, Brandon
RT Brennan Williams
TE 88 Graham, Garrett
QB Tajh Boyd 1st rd pick 7 Keenum, Case
FB J.C. Copeland,
RB 23 Foster, Arian 41 Wood, Cierre

Defense
LDE Watt, JJ
DT Earl Mitchell
DT DeAndre Coleman, 3rd rd
RDE 94 Whitney Mercilus , Sam Montgomery
SLB 58 Cushing, Brian
ILB Shayne Skov
WLB Willie Jefferson
LCB 25 Kareem Jackson
SS 38 MANNING, DANIEAL
FS 36 Swearinger, DJ
RCB

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 10-14-2013 at 02:53 PM.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #2
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18476 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Earl's Why Not 180 in 2014 .

Why would we switch back to a 4-3 defense when we have one of the best defenses in the NFL now? Also I don't want Boyd as a QB, currently very overrated IMO.

Also I doubt seriously if Brennan Williams ever plays a down for us much less being the starter at RT.

Love the Copeland pick.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #3
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Why would we switch back to a 4-3 defense when we have one of the best defenses in the NFL now? Also I don't want Boyd as a QB, currently very overrated IMO.

Also I doubt seriously if Brennan Williams ever plays a down for us much less being the starter at RT.

Love the Copeland pick.
They can't stop anybody once inside the 20 , they are way overrated . They do not have the two most important components of a 3-4 , beast NG and stud OLB . That's also the two hardest positions , to find and it would cost high draft picks .
Old 10-18-2013   #4
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26021 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Right now I'm leaning toward Mike Zimmer or Jack Del Rio as coach .
Why?
Texian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013   #5
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Why?
Del Rio because he's already made his mistakes much like Bill Belichick did in Cleveland before going to New England . That's my theory anyway .

I think Zimmer is a very under the radar guy but is very good .
Old 10-20-2013   #6
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26021 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Del Rio because he's already made his mistakes much like Bill Belichick did in Cleveland before going to New England . That's my theory anyway .

I think Zimmer is a very under the radar guy but is very good .
IMHO....Del Rio had 9 seasons in Jax, enough time for me. RE. Zimmer: I have always liked Zimmer as a DC, a Red Flag for me on Zimmer is he has interviewed for Head Coach half a dozen times, he must not interview well.....if I had to go with a former HC, for me it would be Ken Whisenhunt but prefer coordinators, Bevell, Quinn and McDermott. #1 choice is David Shaw.
Texian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013   #7
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Still ok with Bill O'Brien and I'm gonna hire Munchak as the OL coach the minute he's cut .

1. Teddy
2. Gabe Jackson
3 .C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE, Iowa
Old 12-13-2013   #8
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 176794 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Why use a 1st on Boyd if he'll be there for our 2nd round selection?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013   #9
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Why use a 1st on Boyd if he'll be there for our 2nd round selection?
I think Teddy is better . I also think a run of QBs is possible and you may not get who you want .
Old 12-13-2013   #10
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 176794 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think Teddy is better . I also think a run of QBs is possible and you may not get who you want .
Ahh, I see now... original post was 10/14.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013   #11
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 158250 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

If you're leaving Quessenberry off deliberately, I have to consider you mistaken.
Old 12-13-2013   #12
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

I was looking at this list as a reference . J Foosball used to be on it but not anymore .

http://www.ourlads.com/top-32-colleg...t/2014/2356481
Old 12-13-2013   #13
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
If you're leaving Quessenberry off deliberately, I have to consider you mistaken.
I don't think a 6th round pick is a cure all .
Old 12-13-2013   #14
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 158250 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't think a 6th round pick is a cure all .
I don't count any draft pick as a cure all, but Q was playing better than any offensive lineman in TC/Preseason besides Brown before he got injured. He is going to lock up that LG position.
Old 12-13-2013   #15
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
I don't count any draft pick as a cure all, but Q was playing better than any offensive lineman in TC/Preseason besides Brown before he got injured. He is going to lock up that LG position.
Not if they go away from the ZBS . Plus ... Q wasn't playing with the starters was he ?
Old 12-13-2013   #16
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Not if they go away from the ZBS . Plus ... Q wasn't playing with the starters was he ?
The stuff that Q was doing well wasn't dependent upon zone blocking. He was just technically sound across the board. He was playing behind Ben Jones who was (and still is) fkn terrible. Hear me now and believe me later, Q is going to lock that position down.

ETA - I'm not saying don't draft G. I think competition across the board is great for every position, and I'm all about building the trenches. Just saying don't sleep on Q.
Old 12-13-2013   #17
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
The stuff that Q was doing well wasn't dependent upon zone blocking. He was just technically sound across the board. He was playing behind Ben Jones who was (and still is) fkn terrible. Hear me now and believe me later, Q is going to lock that position down.

ETA - I'm not saying don't draft G. I think competition across the board is great for every position, and I'm all about building the trenches. Just saying don't sleep on Q.
If they believe he can do it then it's icing on the cake . I don't believe Jones can . If Q and Brennan Williams can play then that's great , the Texans can devote high picks to other gaping holes .
Old 12-13-2013   #18
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
If they believe he can do it then it's icing on the cake . I don't believe Jones can . If Q and Brennan Williams can play then that's great , the Texans can devote high picks to other gaping holes .
I don't believe Jones should be in the NFL, period. I do not like that guy's play at all. Not sure on Williams. Honestly, I thought Q had the 2nd or 3rd best showing of any OLman in preseason. I am all for drafting OL, though. Still not sold on Brandon Brooks, and Newton should be ahead of Jones in the unemployment line.
Old 12-13-2013   #19
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
I don't believe Jones should be in the NFL, period. I do not like that guy's play at all. Not sure on Williams. Honestly, I thought Q had the 2nd or 3rd best showing of any OLman in preseason. I am all for drafting OL, though. Still not sold on Brandon Brooks, and Newton should be ahead of Jones in the unemployment line.
I think Brooks is not a ZB guy . He's a good enough athlete to try but I think he would be better in a power scheme .
Old 12-13-2013   #20
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 10032 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was looking at this list as a reference . J Foosball used to be on it but not anymore .

http://www.ourlads.com/top-32-colleg...t/2014/2356481
Clowney at 7th overall feels a little low but I'll admit a little bias. It would make a Barr pick more reasonable, though.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read