Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 12-09-2013   #161
SCOTTexans
Veteran

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

I needed forte to get 23 points.... and he got exactly 23 points and we tie! I got a better record and im off to round 2...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013   #162
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87952 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Who Should I Start Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTexans View Post
I needed forte to get 23 points.... and he got exactly 23 points and we tie! I got a better record and im off to round 2...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Carefull! There could be an overnight stat adjustment...it's happened to me in the playoffs.
Old 12-10-2013   #163
SCOTTexans
Veteran

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
Carefull! There could be an overnight stat adjustment...it's happened to me in the playoffs.
No adjustment... But now its the really hard match-up
Old 12-10-2013   #164
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 230377 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTexans View Post
Won the game, lost the war.

In our division, the better of two, all 4 teams are tied. We lose on a 3rd tiebreaker and are out of the playoffs even though everyone in our division has better records than any team in the other one.

5 straight wins, most pulled off the waiver wire, and we're done.

Oh, and we just got high point for the season.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013   #165
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Okay, I won my playoff game. Moving on to the semis.

For RB I am going Lynch, and Fred Jackson. I have Pierre Thomas, and Montee Ball on the bench, Thomas is playing against STL, and Ball is not the feature back. I know Jackson isn't the feature back as well, but he gets a lot of looks on that team.

For WR, right now I have Roddy White, and D. Thomas. White is going up against that crumbling Washington secondary, so I have every intention of starting him. Now, I have ridden with D Thomas the entire season. He is playing against San Diego on Thursday Night. However, I am kinda getting an itch to play Edelman. As we all know, Gronk is out for the season, so E could become Toms favorite receiver. They are playing against Miami, so I don't know if I should start him over D Thomas.

Any suggestions?

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013   #166
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 65389 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post

For RB I am going Lynch, and Fred Jackson. I have Pierre Thomas, and Montee Ball on the bench, Thomas is playing against STL, and Ball is not the feature back. I know Jackson isn't the feature back as well, but he gets a lot of looks on that team.

For WR, right now I have Roddy White, and D. Thomas. White is going up against that crumbling Washington secondary, so I have every intention of starting him. Now, I have ridden with D Thomas the entire season. He is playing against San Diego on Thursday Night. However, I am kinda getting an itch to play Edelman. As we all know, Gronk is out for the season, so E could become Toms favorite receiver. They are playing against Miami, so I don't know if I should start him over D Thomas.

Any suggestions?
Jackson and Lynch would be my picks. Thomas and Ball both are in RBBC's that have even more guys at the spot than Jackson, and ATL's defense is made up of ghost farts.

I'd probably play White and DT at the WR spot both have easy match-ups (SD's pass defense is almost as cartoonishly bad as the Cowboys) whereas Miami actually has players with a pulse in their secondary. I wouldn't want to play "Guess which Pats WR is the one today" in the playoffs. Edelman as a FLEX is perfectly fine though if that's what you have to choose from though. I would play him over Ball and Thomas easily.

Don't Sit Your Studs

0 PPR

MJD vs BUF
Bernard @ PIT
Spiller @JAX

Leaning MJD since he's been pretty good the last few weeks, but he did get injured in the Texans game. I wish the other two guys weren't in stupid timeshares (Especially Bernard. It's infuriating to see Bernard with 99 yards rushing and 59 yards receiving and BJGE with 3 yards and 2 TD's.)
Old 12-11-2013   #167
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 11061 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

I got marques colston, Edelman or Ben Tate for a flex spot. Im nervous about playing any player from the dumpster fire that is the Houston Texans. LOL.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013   #168
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 65389 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
I got marques colston or Ben Tate for a flex spot. Im nervous about playing any player from the dumpster fire that is the Houston Texans. LOL.
Colston for sure. Not sure who NO plays but I'm low on Tate right now.
Old 12-11-2013   #169
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87952 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I got marques colston, Edelman or Ben Tate for a flex spot. Im nervous about playing any player from the dumpster fire that is the Houston Texans. LOL.
Edelman plays miami.

Colston plays st luis.

I'd play edel. based on that. Tate isn't in the conversation.
Old 12-11-2013   #170
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Edelman plays miami.

Colston plays st luis.

I'd play edel. based on that. Tate isn't in the conversation.
Miami has secondary players that have a pulse and the STL defense doesn't have the secondary talent that Seattle does. I think Coldton has a higher floor while Edelman has the higher ceiling.
Old 12-11-2013   #171
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 230377 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Any suggestions?
Lynch, Fred, DT, Roddy for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
MJD vs BUF
Bernard @ PIT
Spiller @JAX
Bernard for me, check Spiller for injury.

Quote:
Tate for me.
Old 12-11-2013   #172
b0ng
Ooops

This is my semis match-up. How do you like my chances (if MJD can't go I'm subbing in Bernard)?
Old 12-12-2013   #173
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
This is my semis match-up. How do you like my chances (if MJD can't go I'm subbing in Bernard)?
I like your chances to move forward. You could go Bernard or Spiller.
Old 12-12-2013   #174
SCOTTexans
Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the jinx... I got stat corrected Bell -1 point, which made it 102 - 103 and I'm out of the playoffs
Old 12-13-2013   #175
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Any suggestions?
Maybe I should have gone with my itch...... DT only got me 7 points tonight. LOL!

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013   #176
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Maybe I should have gone with my itch...... DT only got me 7 points tonight. LOL!
I saw a lot of dropped balls by the Broncos, and the Chargers played actual pass defense.

Fantasy Football is just amazing sometimes (my semis opponent started Moreno, who has been carrying his team almost all season).
Old 12-13-2013   #177
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Time of possession 2-to-1 in favor of Chargers. Broncos kinda didn't show up.
Old 12-17-2013   #178
b0ng
Ooops

This is my SB match-up. 0PPR 6pt TD's.

I can sub Bernard for MJD/Spiller, Clay/Olsen are my TE's and I think those are my major question marks. I have Edelmen on my bench also but I don't think he's getting in over any of the other 3 WR's I already start, I'm just keeping him away from my opponent. Thoughts?
Old 12-17-2013   #179
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

His RBs suck. Honestly, it's surprising he even made the finals with that team. You should win easily, unless Manning decides to score 60 points on the Texans.
Old 12-17-2013   #180
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm in a quandary with the Saints-Panthers game. I've got Brees and I've got the Panthers DST. One of them is going to get smashed. They played 2 weeks ago and luckily I was on a bye so I didn't have to worry about it.

Is there any way it can work if I start both of them?

I'm going to try to get the Lions off the wire since they're playing the Giants. If I can't get them, then maybe the Browns or Broncos.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read