Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-12-2013   #221
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49238 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
And Texian... Let's let it go, we've got almost 5 months until draft day. I respect your opinion, maybe you're right and I'm wrong. We will see. As I said above, there is a lot of time for things to go wrong for Teddy, I'm just hoping things stay the course.
Got It! You Love you some Teddy. You're entitled. To each his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
You said it right here.....Where is that criticism coming from? Yes, below is a highlight video, but he makes several deep throws where the ball drops into a bucket to a outstretched WR.
"I'm not sure" is not a definitive statement. "I'm not sure" is closer to saying I don' know. To suggest that someone saying I'm not sure really means Teddy is WORSE then Geno is really a reach and stretch of epic proportions.

I have watched enough Teddy games to see that his deep ball needs a lot of air under it to get to it's destination. It appears to me Teddy needs more air than many other high profile QBs. It is MHO that this kind of floater is highly susceptible to being an INT in the NFL. Dropping a deep pass over a college defender is not the same thing as dropping a pass over an NFL defender. One thing that reinforces this thinking and another criticism of Teddy is the suspect level of competition Teddy has faced. I have seen several of those passes he dropped over a defender while thinking in the NFL that is an INT. Clearly, you Love You some Teddy too, me not so much, I have my concerns.
Texian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013   #222
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
My issue with TB is his mechanics and slow / long release / delivery. He'll have to work on his mechanics to make it in the NFL.

His pocket awareness is one of the things I really do like about him ... along with the physical traits.

If he can improve his mechanics he has a chance to be really special. If not , he'll look a lot like the QB's who have player for the Texans this season.
How long does he take to release the ball vs how long you would like him to take to release the ball?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013   #223
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
TexansFTW, I've should of said top rated QB from less starter material QB crop year. Like I mentioned in the earlier post, there seems to be less NFL starter QB material this year in comparison with past several years of draft QB prospects. What I am saying is if Luck was available this year, I would take Luck over Bridgewater and I would certainly rate Luck, Stafford, Cam, RG2 higher but that's me. Overall, this year's top QB prospect seems to me less talented and I am asking myself is really worth taking him at #1 spot and came up with an answer NO. I prefer Texans to draft front 7 prospect that may worth taking at top spot or trade down to obtain more picks if we can find a suitable trading partner. Now, I wouldn't mind Texans to draft QB in the 3rd or later. But if the Texans decided to draft Bridgewater, I will hope him best and pray he pans out for us.
It doesn't really matter with regards to the QB CLASS when you have the #1 pick. All you need is the best QB in that class.

Ask the Panthers in 2011. The other 1st rounders were Locker, Ponder, and Gabbert. Who cares about that group, #1 is all that matters.

Quote:
Florida safety Matt Elam said that Bridgewater was the best quarterback they played in 2012. That was high praise considering the Gators took on the Heisman Trophy winner.=, Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel. They also played Tyler Bray, Aaron Murray and E.J. Manuel. The Florida defense had just dominated Manuel, but Bridgewater completed 20-of-33 passes for 266 yards with two touchdowns and an interception on a tipped pass in Louisville's Sugar Bowl victory.
Luck was a once in a decade player, last person as praised coming out as him was Peyton, who also had a QB father. I feel like you haven't really done much research on Teddy from the way that you talk. He's just as highly regarded as many of those names you just threw out there.

Let me help you out a little:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=teddy+bridgewat...raft+prospects

If the Texans draft a QB in the 3rd round or later we will 2 games again and likely lose every free agent we have, including JJ Watt.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013   #224
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
"I'm not sure" is not a definitive statement. "I'm not sure" is closer to saying I don' know. To suggest that someone saying I'm not sure really means Teddy is WORSE then Geno is
really a reach and stretch of epic proportions.
Dude you are so full of sh#t. I know what you said. Everyone in this thread knows what you said. You can weasel your way out of that statement.

Quote:
I have watched enough Teddy games to see that his deep ball needs a lot of air under it to get to it's destination. It appears to me Teddy needs more air than many other high profile QBs. It is MHO that this kind of floater is highly susceptible to being an INT in the NFL. Dropping a deep pass over a college defender is not the same thing as dropping a pass over an NFL defender. One thing that reinforces this thinking and another criticism of Teddy is the suspect level of competition Teddy has faced. Clearly, you Love You some Teddy too, me not so much, I have my concerns.
Really?! Dropping a pass over a college kid is not the same as an NFL'er? WOW! Thanks for the enlightenment. It appears to you that Teddy needs more air than other "high profile" qbs? You say sh#t that doesnt mean anything. You dont back it up, you just say it and see if it sticks. It appears to me that you are making crap up as you go and love to argue with everyone.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013   #225
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

lol, it's all good Blake, just let it go.

I also don't agree with his point, but it's fine. A lot can happen between today and early May.

We should all probably discuss something different, even I am quite guilty of basically just fighting people that disagree with me at this point. We aren't learning anything new, just drawing lines in the sand, lol.
Old 12-12-2013   #226
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49238 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
[/b] that Teddy needs more air than other "high profile" qbs? You say sh#t that doesnt mean anything. You dont back it up, you just say it and see if it sticks. [b]
That is my opinion, (see IMHO or MHO), sorry unfortunately I do not have any video of my opinions.
Old 12-12-2013   #227
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
lol, it's all good Blake, just let it go.

I also don't agree with his point, but it's fine. A lot can happen between today and early May.

We should all probably discuss something different, even I am quite guilty of basically just fighting people that disagree with me at this point. We aren't learning anything new, just drawing lines in the sand, lol.
We can discuss Teddy here in the Teddy Bridgewater thread, there is just no reason to get mad angry and vindictive when some one disagrees with you.
Old 12-12-2013   #228
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171454 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How long does he take to release the ball vs how long you would like him to take to release the ball?
That's difficult to say .... every play is different . Its not just the release , its the position of the ball prior (a bit low). There are times he will need to get the ball out ~1.5seconds. against some blitz packages. When you hold the ball low and in front of the chest , that's going to be a difficult task to accomplish.
He's got to hold that ball near the ear hole and open the shoulders rather than wind up like a baseball. He's got a looping motion when he opens up to throw , especially when he throws it on a line or a deep ball.

The other thing that concerns me is that he throws a lot of balls with air under them , throwing to a spot rather than on a rope which is OK in a lot of situations but I think NFL DB's are going to be able to exploit that.

Watch some video and you'll see what I mean .... then go watch Peyton or Aaron Rodgers make the same throws with velocity.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013   #229
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

The rhetoric regarding Teddy sounds a lot like what I heard about Cam Newton coming out. People were over-critical of him, and I think he fell to 15th in our TT mock draft because everyone thought he was overrated. I think he's proven he was worthy of the #1 pick so far.

None of these guys come out of college without question marks, it's impossible because nobody has a perfect college career. Even some of the "can't miss" prospects in college turn out to be duds like Aaron Curry. It happens, the point is to analyze the players and make accurate assessments of their strengths and weaknesses in order to mitigate the risks when making draft selections. If we can't do that, then it's just pointless argument, which is what this thread is turning into.

Now if you really feel like evaluating the guy, here are his plays in some games. You will see the good, the bad and the ugly. Feel free to point to plays based on the time of the video, and link other stuff as needed. That first play in the Florida game is amazing though, he's on the run, tries to drop the ball in between the WR and sideline, takes a huge hit, loses his helmet, and gets right back up. Tough kid. Jon Bostic was the one laying the wood, who is now the MLB in Chicago.

2013 season in order of schedule (the ones I could find):

UL vs Ohio 2013:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCXEwGsJUHc

UL vs Eastern Kentucky 2013:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKSvFriM0PI

UL vs Kentucky 2013:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZzmXxB64ec

UL vs FIU highlights 2013:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z4sXiTw8zI

UL vs Houston 2013:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQKN-F6fk6I

2012 season in order of schedule (the ones I could find):

UL vs Kentucky 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bQ_uMplUEY

UL vs UNC 2012:

UL vs Pitt 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kkk0ZTRPDI

UL vs USF 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k922kI7X2qI

UL vs Cincy 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB5xvBbLszk

UL vs Temple 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ5uXu_TejM

UL vs Syracuse 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxxnyvJzt-4

UL vs UCON 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjkqprC7jYI

UL vs Rutgers 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ELPwI9_y5U

UL vs Florida in the Sugar Bowl 2012:
http://youtu.be/VmyPaOy7OTs

Compilation highlight/Heisman video of TB. Worth a watch if you want to know some more about his personal life. Kubiak would definitely say he's a good kid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxA8zqa6MEg

Teddy Bridgewater's Story by ESPN (full segment):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lizVzzsbFQU

Found this video, it's kinda funny and I'm sure the critics will enjoy it. TB is terrible at sliding:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8KcWzu7LTI
Old 12-12-2013   #230
TexansFTW
All Pro

Good stuff bro. Thanks.
Old 12-12-2013   #231
Texian
Hall of Fame

Most of your QB's in discussion to be the #1 draft pick are usually Heisman Finalist.....just saying.

Quarterbacks Jordan Lynch of Northern Illinois, Johnny Manziel of Texas A&M, AJ McCarron of Alabama and Jameis Winston of Florida State were all invited to the Heisman ceremony on Saturday (8 p.m. ET, ESPN)......where is Teddy?.....just asking.
Old 12-12-2013   #232
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 13423 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Youtube
Thanks for compiling this; I'll give it a look once I'm done with finals.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013   #233
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 36901 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

I haven't been sold on teddy and couldn't figure it out until now. He has no zip on his ball. He has the arm to throw deep, but his zip, or ability to throw a dart seems to be non existent, even his wr screens are bad. the ball TAKES FOREVER to get there. In the NFL he will need to be able to sling that thing into tight windows, Im not sold he can.......
Old 12-12-2013   #234
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It doesn't really matter with regards to the QB CLASS when you have the #1 pick. All you need is the best QB in that class.

Ask the Panthers in 2011. The other 1st rounders were Locker, Ponder, and Gabbert. Who cares about that group, #1 is all that matters.

Luck was a once in a decade player, last person as praised coming out as him was Peyton, who also had a QB father. I feel like you haven't really done much research on Teddy from the way that you talk. He's just as highly regarded as many of those names you just threw out there.

Let me help you out a little:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=teddy+bridgewat...raft+prospects

If the Texans draft a QB in the 3rd round or later we will 2 games again and likely lose every free agent we have, including JJ Watt.
Only QB I added was RG3 other than that in accordance with your earlier post. Now, I do understand about QB position of the Texans and many of TT members here are concern about the position including myself. What I am pointing out about the situation is, it seems less talented QB crop this year. When you have one 0.85 carat diamond among 0.7 carat diamonds, it looks a lot bigger than the others and stands out. However, when you have a few more 0.85~1 carat diamonds in a crop, suddenly it doesn't stands out. I am no expert on evaluating QB but I feel 2014 QB prospects are not as good as past several years.

Some of TTC members aware that I follow UH and naturally I watch other AAC teams when possible.

What I am saying is there an alternative way of spending #1 pick and I feel we should spend it on front 7 prospect or trade down to obtain more picks.

Like I mentioned in earlier post, if the Texans decided to draft Teddy, I will wish him best and pray he pans out for us. So, I am not hater but, I think there's better way to spend #1 overall pick due to the above mentioned contents.

Bottom line is you are in drafting Teddy and I feel there's an alternative way. But, it's all good as we all are concern about the Texans as fan.
SAMURAITEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013   #235
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171454 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
I haven't been sold on teddy and couldn't figure it out until now. He has no zip on his ball. He has the arm to throw deep, but his zip, or ability to throw a dart seems to be non existent, even his wr screens are bad. the ball TAKES FOREVER to get there. In the NFL he will need to be able to sling that thing into tight windows, Im not sold he can.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
The other thing that concerns me is that he throws a lot of balls with air under them throwing to a spot rather than on a rope

Old 12-12-2013   #236
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
The rhetoric regarding Teddy sounds a lot like what I heard about Cam Newton coming out. People were over-critical of him, and I think he fell to 15th in our TT mock draft because everyone thought he was overrated. I think he's proven he was worthy of the #1 pick so far.

None of these guys come out of college without question marks, it's impossible because nobody has a perfect college career. Even some of the "can't miss" prospects in college turn out to be duds like Aaron Curry. It happens, the point is to analyze the players and make accurate assessments of their strengths and weaknesses in order to mitigate the risks when making draft selections. If we can't do that, then it's just pointless argument, which is what this thread is turning into.

Now if you really feel like evaluating the guy, here are his plays in some games. You will see the good, the bad and the ugly. Feel free to point to plays based on the time of the video, and link other stuff as needed. That first play in the Florida game is amazing though, he's on the run, tries to drop the ball in between the WR and sideline, takes a huge hit, loses his helmet, and gets right back up. Tough kid. Jon Bostic was the one laying the wood, who is now the MLB in Chicago.

2013 season in order of schedule (the ones I could find):

UL vs Ohio 2013:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCXEwGsJUHc

UL vs Eastern Kentucky 2013:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKSvFriM0PI

UL vs Kentucky 2013:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZzmXxB64ec

UL vs FIU highlights 2013:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z4sXiTw8zI

UL vs Houston 2013:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQKN-F6fk6I

2012 season in order of schedule (the ones I could find):

UL vs Kentucky 2012:

UL vs UNC 2012:

UL vs Pitt 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kkk0ZTRPDI

UL vs USF 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k922kI7X2qI

UL vs Cincy 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB5xvBbLszk

UL vs Temple 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ5uXu_TejM

UL vs Syracuse 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxxnyvJzt-4

UL vs UCON 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjkqprC7jYI

UL vs Rutgers 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ELPwI9_y5U

UL vs Florida in the Sugar Bowl 2012:
http://youtu.be/VmyPaOy7OTs

Compilation highlight/Heisman video of TB. Worth a watch if you want to know some more about his personal life. Kubiak would definitely say he's a good kid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxA8zqa6MEg

Teddy Bridgewater's Story by ESPN (full segment):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lizVzzsbFQU

Found this video, it's kinda funny and I'm sure the critics will enjoy it. TB is terrible at sliding:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8KcWzu7LTI
Cam had all of the talent he needed to be a superstar. I thought he had character/entitlement issues.

I dont have these issues with Teddy, the Questions I have with him are arm strength/mechanics/level of competition/how quickly he can adjust to the speed of the NFL game.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013   #237
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 13423 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
I wondered that about while initially watching his tape (I need to work through that huge post from earlier) and wondered whether that was just a superb display of touch in not throwing heaters to his teammates or whether his arm strength isn't as good as he'd hope.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013   #238
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

In all the clips DutchRudder put up, all I see is a young QB carving up defenses with his mind and arm. He has legs, but uses them to buy time in the pocket for his receivers. He doesn't run at the first sign of trouble, which shows that he knows what he wants to do. Louisville does not have a high-caliber o-line. Teddy shows great skill at climbing the weak pocket his teammates TRY to give him. In the Florida game, Teddy was the best player in that game on either side, hands down. He's the only tier-1 QB in this draft, and if you are the Texans, you'd better take him before Jacksonville or Tennessee does.
Old 12-13-2013   #239
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Most of your QB's in discussion to be the #1 draft pick are usually Heisman Finalist.....just saying.

Quarterbacks Jordan Lynch of Northern Illinois, Johnny Manziel of Texas A&M, AJ McCarron of Alabama and Jameis Winston of Florida State were all invited to the Heisman ceremony on Saturday (8 p.m. ET, ESPN)......where is Teddy?.....just asking.
Where is Bortles? I thought you liked him at #1?
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013   #240
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Cam had all of the talent he needed to be a superstar. I thought he had character/entitlement issues.

I dont have these issues with Teddy, the Questions I have with him are arm strength/mechanics/level of competition/how quickly he can adjust to the speed of the NFL game.
No , there are no character concerns .... I don't question his arm strength either. He has a plenty strong enough arm. The only question I have is about his mechanics and accuracy when he is forced to put velocity on the ball , which he will in the NFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
I wondered that about while initially watching his tape (I need to work through that huge post from earlier) and wondered whether that was just a superb display of touch in not throwing heaters to his teammates or whether his arm strength isn't as good as he'd hope.
He's got plenty of arm , you watch him throw deep and even with the hitch in his release , its almost effortless .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
In all the clips DutchRudder put up, all I see is a young QB carving up defenses with his mind and arm. He has legs, but uses them to buy time in the pocket for his receivers. He doesn't run at the first sign of trouble, which shows that he knows what he wants to do. Louisville does not have a high-caliber o-line. Teddy shows great skill at climbing the weak pocket his teammates TRY to give him. In the Florida game, Teddy was the best player in that game on either side, hands down. He's the only tier-1 QB in this draft, and if you are the Texans, you'd better take him before Jacksonville or Tennessee does.
I don't have a horse in this race .... Bridgewater is the top prospect but isn't without his flaws. I've struggled over taking him #1 or a trade down scenario that nets you multiple #1 picks , I just cant make up my mind as he does have those flaws but this league is so QB driven , if you don't have a top tier QB , you go get one.

Derek Carr & Aaron Murray probably have the best mechanics in this draft and Zach Mettenberger isn't far behind .....Murray and Mettenberger both play more pro style offenses. Carr would be a difficult choice considering the history and the injuries to Mettenberger & Murry scare me. Really need to see how they look closer to the draft.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read