Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-11-2013   #201
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I guess my biggest issue with Bridgewater is his throwing mechanics , I see a rather long wind up with a slow release .... and he holds the ball somewhat low at times. Not as exaggerated as Tebow but a slow release none the less.

He can get away with that in college especially the level of competition he's faced on a regular basis but that dog wont hunt in the NFL. Any team that drafts him is going to have to clean up his mechanics ....

He definitely has a lot of tools to work with ... but he's got a lot of work to do to get to an NFL level.
Haven't the Texans already drafted a QB with an elite skill set that just needed his mechanichics to be cleaned up at 1-1? I cant remember his name.

LOL, pass on Bridgewater, if Rick drafts him history most likely will be repeating its self. But hey, this is BoB's Texans we are talking about. All fluff, very little substance. According to BoB wasn't this supposed to be another SB or bust yr. Sell those tickets boardroom Bobby.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013   #202
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
First off pull the stick out of your ass and lighten the F up! The comment was in jest...
Because I said who cares? Really?

Quote:
Second, after the Bowl games and combine, he very well could shoot right to the top of the draft board, then what smart ass? You gonna tell me the Texans are gonna pick Derek Carr #1 overall after the absolute debacle they had with his brother and helicopter father? NO F'ing WAY!
Doubt it. I provided a link to Scout.com, they have Carr as the 8th best QB prospect. I was generous suggesting he might be the 5th best when it's all said & done.

Quote:
Just because they are not talking about him now, doesn't mean they won't be after the Senior Bowl or his workouts. Nobody was talking about Eric Fisher, I damn sure never heard of him, until AFTER the combine, where did he go again?
Still, we can have that converstation after the Senior Bowl & workouts. Or after we win the next three games & end up with the 5th pick, where we'd be looking at the 3rd or 4th best QB.

& Eric Fisher was always (far as I know) considered the second best OT & suggested to go 5-8 early in the process. I don't think anyone is talking about Carr going in the top 10.

We're going to be picking in the top 10.
Old 12-12-2013   #203
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know how good Bridgewater is but, it seems to me a lesser NFL starter material QB/s than past several years. I really like for us to look into other position who may rate higher than mentioned QB especially at front 7 position. Or, if we can find a trading partner and trade down to obtain more picks.

Whichever we decided to do with our pick, I hope we have a great draft.

With right coaching staffs + very talented players already on this team + a great draft, we can quickly turn this team around next year.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013   #204
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29411 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Is that the best you got? I would've thought your education could do much better than retarded. Guess not.
I thought you watched college football until you compared teddy bridgewater to geno. The only comparison is both are black and from miami.
Old 12-12-2013   #205
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
I don't know how good Bridgewater is but, it seems to me a lesser NFL starter material QB/s than past several years.
I honestly believe if we end up with the #1 overall pick, most people will project Bridgewater as "the best player" in the draft. But realistically, he's probably not top 5.
Old 12-12-2013   #206
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I honestly believe if we end up with the #1 overall pick, most people will project Bridgewater as "the best player" in the draft. But realistically, he's probably not top 5.
^^^^
This

And the Texans will be repeating history.

Very Oileresque, the deeper question is, is Rick Smith the Texans version of Ladd Herzeg? Not as a person but as a leader of a franchise.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013   #207
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I hope not. But, usually happens with top rated QB each year.
Old 12-12-2013   #208
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
^^^^
This

And the Texans will be repeating history.

Very Oileresque, the deeper question is, is Rick Smith the Texans version of Ladd Herzeg? Not as a person but as a leader of a franchise.
Lad, no Ladd. OK lad?

After Kube is gone, hope Rick is able to show his vision of this franchise and become a leader he needs to be. Kube no longer has the power so now Rick needs to show what he is capable of. If his vision pans out, OK, job well done but if it doesn't, he needs to take the responsibility as a leader of franchise.
Old 12-12-2013   #209
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
What is stupid is screaming apples and oranges without understanding the point being made. To spell that out one more time for you - running a fast paced, no huddle offense doesn't necessarily mean you get more plays. College or NFL that is true.
College Coaches seem to disagree with you. Most think you can go from 60 plays to close to 80 plays with no huddle up tempo. Not necessarily true with the oranges of the NFL.
Texian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013   #210
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
None of his comparisons make sense. I quit taking him serious a while ago because it's obvious that he's just bored and trying to start stuff with different posters to entertain himself.

His hate for Landry Jones is hilarious though because he is always parroting what his boy Bill Polian is saying. He must have missed this one...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-in-the-draft/
I was right and Polian was wrong. WOW! Landry completed less than 50% of his passes that impressed Polian so much. Polian says Landry needs a good cast cast around him to play well. That story is bizarre to say the least.
Old 12-12-2013   #211
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
College Coaches seem to disagree with you. Most think you can go from 60 plays to close to 80 plays with no huddle up tempo. Not necessarily true with the oranges of the NFL.
Now there you go. You properly demonstrated apples and oranges. What you hope to achieve v. what is actually achieved.
Old 12-12-2013   #212
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Now there you go. You properly demonstrated apples and oranges. What you hope to achieve v. what is actually achieved.
Here you go hot shot: College coaches KNOW they can increase the number of plays by approx 20 plays by using an up temp no huddle offense. Something coaches in the NFL haven't been able to accomplish because it's a different league, with different rules, different time constraints, different regulations. Other than that infantrycak thinks they're exactly the same and equally comparable.........now, back to Teddy.
Old 12-12-2013   #213
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
If Newton is not the starter next year then I don't see any way it could get worse. There was a thread a few days ago with profootball focus rankings for the Texans offense. IIRC, Newton was 74th out of 78 OT's. Harris was 43rd.

Harris is an average to slightly below average starting RT. Newton is an outright bottom of the league RT. We could sign a vet off the street next year to play RT and, while he may not play well, he can't be worse.
Well the FA could be worse if he developed a knee injury effecting his slide and back pedal as did Newton. If we use fair standards (like that will ever happen) Duane Brown should be benched for his sh==ty play as #1 pick coming off pro bowl status. He should get same treatment as Newton. For some reason you and others never seem to mention that.

I am not defending Newton but if you critique one player you should treat all the same.
Old 12-12-2013   #214
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
I hope not. But, usually happens with top rated QB each year.
Quite a bit of the top rated QBs for a long time have lived up to the hype, even if it took them finding a head coach from Stanford to do it.

Since 2003: Palmer, Manning/Rivers, Alex Smith, The Mattural, Stafford, Cam, and Luck. 2013 didn't really have a top rated QB, they (Geno and EJ) were both projected 2nd round by most notable guys.

This one will be no different. He's gonna live up to it and shine. There is a lot of time until the Russell Athletic Bowl, then combine/pro days, then fake girlfriends to be discovered. But as of today, I've definitely planted my flag with this guy.

And Texian... Let's let it go, we've got almost 5 months until draft day. I respect your opinion, maybe you're right and I'm wrong. We will see. As I said above, there is a lot of time for things to go wrong for Teddy, I'm just hoping things stay the course.

Finally, Derek Newton is scum, sorry bro. New #1 pick at QB means you gotta send him packing.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013   #215
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Here you go hot shot: College coaches KNOW they can increase the number of plays by approx 20 plays by using an up temp no huddle offense. Something coaches in the NFL haven't been able to accomplish because it's a different league, with different rules, different time constraints, different regulations. Other than that infantrycak thinks they're exactly the same and equally comparable.........now, back to Teddy.
Do you see the NFL mentioned in the post you quoted? No you do not just like you can't find any assertion the NFL and college are exactly the same and equally comparable in any of my posts.

Goals v. results are not the same. That is true regardless of league.

You're just fixated on your spurious NFL distinction because you don't have a real response to that truth.
Old 12-12-2013   #216
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
Quite a bit of the top rated QBs for a long time have lived up to the hype, even if it took them finding a head coach from Stanford to do it.

Since 2003: Palmer, Manning/Rivers, Alex Smith, The Mattural, Stafford, Cam, and Luck. 2013 didn't really have a top rated QB, they (Geno and EJ) were both projected 2nd round by most notable guys.

This one will be no different. He's gonna live up to it and shine. There is a lot of time until the Russell Athletic Bowl, then combine/pro days, then fake girlfriends to be discovered. But as of today, I've definitely planted my flag with this guy.

And Texian... Let's let it go, we've got almost 5 months until draft day. I respect your opinion, maybe you're right and I'm wrong. We will see. As I said above, there is a lot of time for things to go wrong for Teddy, I'm just hoping things stay the course.

Finally, Derek Newton is scum, sorry bro. New #1 pick at QB means you gotta send him packing.
TexansFTW, I've should of said top rated QB from less starter material QB crop year. Like I mentioned in the earlier post, there seems to be less NFL starter QB material this year in comparison with past several years of draft QB prospects. What I am saying is if Luck was available this year, I would take Luck over Bridgewater and I would certainly rate Luck, Stafford, Cam, RG2 higher but that's me. Overall, this year's top QB prospect seems to me less talented and I am asking myself is really worth taking him at #1 spot and came up with an answer NO. I prefer Texans to draft front 7 prospect that may worth taking at top spot or trade down to obtain more picks if we can find a suitable trading partner. Now, I wouldn't mind Texans to draft QB in the 3rd or later. But if the Texans decided to draft Bridgewater, I will hope him best and pray he pans out for us.
Old 12-12-2013   #217
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Do you see the NFL mentioned in the post you quoted? No you do not just like you can't find any assertion the NFL and college are exactly the same and equally comparable in any of my posts.

Goals v. results are not the same. That is true regardless of league.

You're just fixated on your spurious NFL distinction because you don't have a real response to that truth.
You're the one that brought up the NFL and the Eagles. Do you ever stay on message, on subject. You're always misleading, misdirecting, going to another ballpark to make some obscure point to support your comments. If this were a court of law counselor, your comments are inadmissible......now, back to Teddy.
Old 12-12-2013   #218
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
First, you're wrong, I never said Bridgewater would be worse than Geno, I expect Bridgewater to be on par or equal to Geno. That is what started this all in the first place.
You said it right here.

Quote:
I'm not sure that Teddy Bridgewater will be as good an NFL QB as Geno Smith.
Quote:
My biggest complaint against Teddy is he throws an air ball on his deep pass.
Where is that criticism coming from? Yes, below is a highlight video, but he makes several deep throws where the ball drops into a bucket to a outstretched WR. Example, check the first play of the video.

http://"https://www.youtube.com/watc...9-OACeru4#t=17

The thing I like the most about TB is that he doesnt force a play with his legs. He slides around the pocket really well, feels pressure coming, shrugs off arm tackles while keeping his eyes down-field to deliver the ball.

I think we all get that you dont feel TB is worthy of a #1 draft pick, but to start banging the drum for Manziel because he is more "stout" just sounds silly.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013   #219
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
The thing I like the most about TB is that he doesnt force a play with his legs. He slides around the pocket really well, feels pressure coming, shrugs off arm tackles while keeping his eyes down-field to deliver the ball.

I think we all get that you dont feel TB is worthy of a #1 draft pick, but to start banging the drum for Manziel because he is more "stout" just sounds silly.
My issue with TB is his mechanics and slow / long release / delivery. He'll have to work on his mechanics to make it in the NFL.

His pocket awareness is one of the things I really do like about him ... along with the physical traits.

If he can improve his mechanics he has a chance to be really special. If not , he'll look a lot like the QB's who have player for the Texans this season.

I do think he's a better overall prospect than Manziel .... but that dude has special ability in the way he escapes pressure and makes teams pay for that pressure. If his game translates to the NFL (which I question) he will be difficult to defend .... He's a better passer than Vick or RG3 IMO with just as much ability to run.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013   #220
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
Got It! You Love you some Teddy. You're entitled. To each his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
You said it right here.....Where is that criticism coming from? Yes, below is a highlight video, but he makes several deep throws where the ball drops into a bucket to a outstretched WR.
"I'm not sure" is not a definitive statement. "I'm not sure" is closer to saying I don' know. To suggest that someone saying I'm not sure really means Teddy is WORSE then Geno is really a reach and stretch of epic proportions.

I have watched enough Teddy games to see that his deep ball needs a lot of air under it to get to it's destination. It appears to me Teddy needs more air than many other high profile QBs. It is MHO that this kind of floater is highly susceptible to being an INT in the NFL. Dropping a deep pass over a college defender is not the same thing as dropping a pass over an NFL defender. One thing that reinforces this thinking and another criticism of Teddy is the suspect level of competition Teddy has faced. I have seen several of those passes he dropped over a defender while thinking in the NFL that is an INT. Clearly, you Love You some Teddy too, me not so much, I have my concerns.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read