Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-10-2013   #481
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90635 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New HC candidates

Saw rumblings about Jack Del Rio somewhere....Damn i'd hate that more then Wade, Lovie, or Weisenuts.

I want to interview Ray Horton, O'Brien, and Shaw out of the guys being discussed. Not really excited about any of the candidates.
Old 12-10-2013   #482
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ugh. Jack Del Rio. **** that guy.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013   #483
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 7833 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

I want somebody who understands both offense and defense, so he can choose both coordinators, oversee them, and correct them when necessary. That's why I have misgivings about David Shaw, who seems to know offense only (like Kubiak), and Lovie Smith, whose expertise in only on defensive strategy.
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013   #484
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90635 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-new-contract/

Saban wants a new contract. Coincidence? The article pegs him specifically for the Redskins. What would you pay to lure him here?
Old 12-10-2013   #485
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 94459 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
By Johnson I meant Dennis Johnson, my entire post was about the running backs lol

I think TE is a need especially if we cut OD.
LOL!!! I forgot all about him....OOPS!
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013   #486
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-new-contract/

Saban wants a new contract. Coincidence? The article pegs him specifically for the Redskins. What would you pay to lure him here?
Exactly zero dollars and zero cents.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013   #487
acal21
Rookie

Rep Power: 1938 acal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegara View Post
I want somebody who understands both offense and defense, so he can choose both coordinators, oversee them, and correct them when necessary. That's why I have misgivings about David Shaw, who seems to know offense only (like Kubiak), and Lovie Smith, whose expertise in only on defensive strategy.
I want a guy that can lead grown men who also knows a couple guys that understand offense and defense
Old 12-10-2013   #488
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 94459 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
AMEN!!!!

And one would think that Snyder learned his lesson on this subject already.

Maybe Snyder will pull a fast one on the Texans and hire Phillips as HC and he takes Dennison with him!!!! PLEEEEEAAAAASSSE let this happen!!!!
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013   #489
acal21
Rookie

Rep Power: 1938 acal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Ugh. Jack Del Rio. **** that guy.

Ditto

I liked him for the USC job but not for the Texans... please no
Old 12-10-2013   #490
powda
Hall of Fame

Quote:
So you like all of the current names in circulation more then Saban?
Old 12-10-2013   #491
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 40960 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
more likely he don't hate them as much as Saban
Old 12-10-2013   #492
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29411 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

I wonder if charlie weiss will get an interview. He sent matt cassell to the probowl and had some good yrs with nd. I like romeo crennel as a dc. No matter who, I really like romeo as a dc. I like mangini also as dcs.
Old 12-10-2013   #493
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90799 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
I wonder if charlie weiss will get an interview. He sent matt cassell to the probowl and had some good yrs with nd. I like romeo crennel as a dc. No matter who, I really like romeo as a dc. I like mangini also as dcs.
Mangini is a cancer. Crennel as a D-line coach I could go with.
Old 12-10-2013   #494
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 40960 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
Romeo would be nice as DC
Old 12-10-2013   #495
michaelm
vox nihili

Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default New HC candidates

Quote:
For the Texans HC position yes.
As a UT fan, I'd take him in a heartbeat as Longhorn HC.

Obviously, he's one of the best college HCs of all time, and I'd love to have him, even though I don't care for his personality at all.

I just don't feel like he will ever be a good HC in the pros. I don't think his style and personality mix well with the players at the next level.
Old 12-10-2013   #496
powda
Hall of Fame

Quote:
For the Texans HC position yes.
As a UT fan, I'd take him in a heartbeat as Longhorn HC.

Obviously, he's one of the best college HCs of all time, and I'd love to have him, even though I don't care for his personality at all.

I just don't feel like he will ever be a good HC in the pros. I don't think his style and personality mix well with the players at the next level.
That's agreeable. I'm not pushing for him. I just find him more intriguing then most of the names we see. Intriguing doesn't mean good.
Old 12-10-2013   #497
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Hire Mack Brown and bring Vince Young in to start...................
Old 12-10-2013   #498
BigBull
Veteran

Rep Power: 8544 BigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post

Just the thought of that makes me want to puke.

Sent from the future...
BigBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013   #499
michaelm
vox nihili

Quote:
If the two of us ever meet in person, remind me to punch you in the face.
Old 12-11-2013   #500
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Only a troll would find that remotely amusing.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read