Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-10-2013   #41
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jadeveon Clowney playing with bone spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
Take from it what you will. I'm well aware of the credibility of the source. However, he didn't have a phenomenal year so I don't believe FO men are putting out these red flags to have him drop. I think these rumors are enough for the Texans to let someone else find out if he's worth it. In my worthless opinion, I think there's a good chance Clowney has some hood in him and I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he gets popped with drugs or a firearm in the future.

I knew someone would post that Pompeii piece. Because that is the only "source"out there. That same piece has been regurgitated over and over again.

And WTF have you read other than that fluff turd you posted that would make you think "there's a good chance Clowney has some hood in him and I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he gets popped with drugs or a firearm in the future".? Man I have to say, that remark reals of racism.
Old 12-10-2013   #42
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
You mean the tape that shows several games where he is ineffective and not playing nearly as hard as he can? His numbers aren't great and he has not had that great of a season. Amazing you would completely blow off so many red flags that have been out there from several sources on top of that. Sounds like the only tape you have watched was the tapes of ESPN fondeling over him at the beginning of the season. He won't ever be a Texan anyway. I'm certain of it at this point.
Again, several sources? Care to share them? And this game tape you speak of, please tell me what games.
Old 12-10-2013   #43
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 118955 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
So is it injury, or effort?

Did he quit on his team? Or does he require sugery?

http://walterfootball.com/draft2014charlie.php
I am not sure 3 tackle avg per game is an impact player that first pick should bring.
Old 12-10-2013   #44
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 13608 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I knew someone would post that Pompeii piece. Because that is the only "source"out there. That same piece has been regurgitated over and over again.

And WTF have you read other than that fluff turd you posted that would make you think "there's a good chance Clowney has some hood in him and I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he gets popped with drugs or a firearm in the future".? Man I have to say, that remark reals of racism.
Haha, racism huh? Jesus, dude.. So because I wouldn't want Rolando McClain, Fairley, Pacman, Chris Johnson, or even if he was playing, Aaron H. on the Texans, I'm a racist? I guess my admiration of Bridgewater wasn't true all along! No, all of those guys are idiots who can't lose the mentality or attitude from the crappy people they grew up with. I'm on my phone but I'll be back.

Edit from an actual computer:

Still not a racist at 7:50 pm... It's not rocket science to know that some players in the NFL act in a thuggish manner. They like the lifestyle. It's the same as rappers. Do you need a picture? And guess what, it doesn't matter what color your skin is. Like I said, if Clowney got busted for drugs or a firearm like so many players before him, I wouldn't be surprised. This guy is driving 110 mph during the more important time period of his life to keep things cool in order to be guaranteed millions. How am I sounding out of line when this happens all the time? He actually should have been arrested. Yawn, seen it before.

Last edited by bOODRO87; 12-10-2013 at 08:18 PM.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013   #45
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 32275 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
No, all of those guys are idiots
WoW
Old 12-10-2013   #46
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 13608 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
WoW
No. Not World of Warcraft. What do you have against gamers?! That's racist.

Last edited by bOODRO87; 12-10-2013 at 07:54 PM.
Old 12-10-2013   #47
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 13423 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

So, in sum: doing 110 on the interstate is the gateway to drugs and illegal possession of firearms, got it.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013   #48
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
So, in sum: doing 110 on the interstate is the gateway to drugs and illegal possession of firearms, got it.
Hey there's ONE "internet"report out there that suggests he has an "entourage". Couple that with the fact that he is black and Obviously the only logical conclusion is that he's a thug that has some hood in him and will no doubt get caught with drugs and an gun at some point.

Signed bOODRO87
Old 12-10-2013   #49
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread has become a joke.

Clowney supporters blinded by love of a hit on a RB in 2012, watching the same replay over and over again, telling everyone else they are an idiot if they won't carry his bags for him.

Clowney haters coming up w/ some pretty sketch at best arguments.

And BHSman, you asked me for proof in another thread and I quoted a credible source and you just completely ignored it and took a random shot at me. Get out of here bro.

"GIVE ME A SOURCE! GIVE ME A SOURCE!" Then you get it and you dismiss it. Here's your source bro, let me teach you how to Google, try any of the first 15 links you see from credible websites:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=jadaveon+clowney+work+ethic

Clowney does have red flags, but regardless he's too talented to not go in the top 3. The Falcons at (probably) #3 will draft him and I'll bet 4 is the farthest he falls regardless of work ethic or red flags. Talking like he's out of the top 15 or not a day 1 draft pick is just asinine though.

As for character concerns because he was speeding, that is a joke. C'mon guys. Were you never 20 years old? I drove a piece of garbage car 100 miles an hour when I was 20 with friends because I was stupid, not because I had character problems.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013   #50
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5O88DoRPceE

If there are no concerns, then why give the talking heads something that would give the impression there are some concerns?

At the very least, it just looks bad.
Old 12-11-2013   #51
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 13423 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
This thread has become a joke.

Clowney supporters blinded by love of a hit on a RB in 2012, watching the same replay over and over again, telling everyone else they are an idiot if they won't carry his bags for him.
That's an unfair generalization. Clowney's tape from the Outback bowl is great and all (especially considering he's going against a potential 1st-round pick in Lewan) but I've been more impressed from his 2013 tape so far like his games against UNC (when he was dealing with a stomach virus) and Tennessee (where he didn't register a sack but basically lived in the backfield and it is most apparent that he's being schemed against - all while facing Antonio Richardson). Anyone who only uses The Hit to argue for Clowney is doing themselves a disservice, if anything.

Quote:
And BHSman, you asked me for proof in another thread and I quoted a credible source and you just completely ignored it and took a random shot at me. Get out of here bro.
If that's the case, I apologize if I didn't address your argument fully. I'll see if I can find it if you don't repost the link here later.

Quote:
"GIVE ME A SOURCE! GIVE ME A SOURCE!" Then you get it and you dismiss it. Here's your source bro, let me teach you how to Google, try any of the first 15 links you see from credible websites:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=jadaveon+clowney+work+ethic
That is a very fancy way of telling me you don't have a direct source from South Carolina telling us about Clowney's work ethic, just a lot of hot air from the media. Half of those links are either about Clowney admitting his 2012 season could have been better and has since improved upon his work ethic, or from earlier in the season before it came out that he was dealing with a rib injury and bone spurs.

Even then a lot of them are some faceless 'NFL exec' or the words of a single scout from an earlier article magically becoming 'NFL Scouts' a month later. When I talk about sources, I'm talking about Spurrier or a coach, and even then I defer to tape. The exact same thing happened with Alshon Jeffery last year with people dragging a player's name through the mud over exaggerated 'red flags' despite the coaches and tape saying otherwise. Hell, an unsourced comment about Clowney with vague, non-specific references to an 'entourage' have brought out people claiming he still has too much 'hood' in him. Not you in particular, of course.

To an extent, I think a few Texans fans are hung up on how Mario turned out and are projecting that fear and resentment onto Clowney.
Old 12-11-2013   #52
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
To an extent, I think a few Texans fans are hung up on how Mario turned out and are projecting that fear and resentment onto Clowney.
I read your whole thing, and I hear you on all of that. I'm only gonna quote this though.

Let it be known, I'm not a Clowney hater and it's obvious that teams are double teaming him way more now and game planning against him. I think the dude is top 5 talent, no doubt, but I just don't believe he is this game changing savior I get the feeling many make him out to be.

I just think the biggest game changer in this draft, SPECIFICALLY FOR THE TEXANS, is Teddy B. This is why I'm building him up so much and shooting down Clowney so much, even if it's unjust. I just don't think he is the right piece to the Texans horrible puzzle the way I feel Teddy B is.

As for hearing it straight from the horses mouth, you will almost NEVER hear that talk from a program with guys like Spurrier at the helm until long after his/their time at SC has past. That's not how professionals do business. One thing that most can't argue though is that generally when multiple media outlets report on their being smoke, somewhere there is fire.

Finally, as for your quote. You're damn right, I see a lot of Mario in Clowney. That's not to say Mario was bad, he was awesome, but we never took the next step with him on the field. It's time to look in a different direction and make that next step. Passing up on a potential franchise QB with the #1 pick is something I will never get behind.
Old 12-11-2013   #53
bhsman
All Pro

And I'd be cool with Bridgewater as well, or a trade-down with Cleveland.
Old 12-11-2013   #54
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Quote:
Quote:
Hey there's ONE "internet"report out there that suggests he has an "entourage". Couple that with the fact that he is black and Obviously the only logical conclusion is that he's a thug that has some hood in him and will no doubt get caught with drugs and an gun at some point.

Signed bOODRO87
Ok, just completely disregard that MANY professional athletes think they can get away with breaking the law and end up getting in trouble with the law, ESPECIALLY in the NFL. The NFL actually has a black eye because of arrests. You two just keep living in your perfect little world, "Every child is a shooting star.." BS.

Oh yeah, you wanna talk how stupid this guy is? I saw the police dash cam. This guy was doing 110 on a two-lane road, at night, with people in the car. What a stand up guy.
Old 12-11-2013   #55
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Reminds me of Mario always something bothering him. Some injury always hindering him from playing 100%.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013   #56
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45895 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

The Hype Is No Joke
But neither is Jadeveon Clowneys subpar junior season.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/12/11/jadeve...medium=twitter
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013   #57
mussop
Hall of Fame

I haven't said once that I want Clowney. I wouldn't hate it but I want a franchise QB if there is one in this draft. I just hate seeing the character assassination going on based on Internet RUMORS.
Old 12-11-2013   #58
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Reminds me of Mario always something bothering him. Some injury always hindering him from playing 100%.
He's had one semi subpar year. One!
Old 12-11-2013   #59
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 167919 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You are right , but when you add in all the other bullsh!t with that one sub par season .... Can you really draft the guy with the #1 overall pick ?!

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013   #60
TexansFTW
All Pro

Quote:
1 subpar season? Are we talking about Mario here?

And also, what is your criteria of subpar? I, personally, have a different definition of subpar when I compare a #1 overall pick to any other DE not drafted, let's say.... top 15.

And while he was here and playing all that dude did was complain about this nagging injury or that nagging injury, it got real old. When you're the #1 pick and a physical beast, you gotta just man up.

All in all, I remember him missing 14 games (not to mention the games he left early) his final 2 years, a few subpar seasons counting his injury seasons, and a defensive liability if he couldn't make that loop move get to the QB fast enough.

I see a lot of Clowney in Mario. And I'll say it again, that's not necessarily a knock. Mario is a phenom, but I just don't want him in a Texans uniform again. The article about a few posts up was great too.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read