Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-07-2013   #121
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28662 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
The reason I don't have Teddy higher in my evaluations is I disagree with you, Bridgewaters arm is NOT on par with peyton,rodgers,eli,luck,and brees. Bridgewaters arm is on par with Landry Jones and why I think he will be a bust. His deep floater is an NFL INT waiting to happen.
Id argue with you all day on his ball velocity. Do you remember the knock on peyton arm vs leaf? Peytons ball wobble a lot was the word vs the guy who can throw it through the car wash and not get wet. Phil simms said luck can't really drive the ball and can't make all the throws. Rodgers, go read his reports and the stigma of benefitting from the tedford touch. He always had a nfl arm,but in cal he held the ball right by his ear. In gb, the coaches got him to lower his release point and lok what happened. Point is at 21,you get bigger and stronger. Brady didn't even have a nfl arm coming out.

I know these discussions stem from my evaluation of bridgewater. I thought he was the best pro prospect as a sophmore. I feel good about what I watch on him as a qb talent. Not to mention,unlike a lot of these spread,bubble screen qbs, he comes to the los with 3 plays. His fbi is off the charts and that will be the lure of the next texans head coach.
Old 12-07-2013   #122
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
Id argue with you all day on his ball velocity. Do you remember the knock on peyton arm vs leaf? Peytons ball wobble a lot was the word vs the guy who can throw it through the car wash and not get wet. Phil simms said luck can't really drive the ball and can't make all the throws. Rodgers, go read his reports and the stigma of benefitting from the tedford touch. He always had a nfl arm,but in cal he held the ball right by his ear. In gb, the coaches got him to lower his release point and lok what happened. Point is at 21,you get bigger and stronger. Brady didn't even have a nfl arm coming out.

I know these discussions stem from my evaluation of bridgewater. I thought he was the best pro prospect as a sophmore. I feel good about what I watch on him as a qb talent. Not to mention,unlike a lot of these spread,bubble screen qbs, he comes to the los with 3 plays. His fbi is off the charts and that will be the lure of the next texans head coach.
This.

Don't agree with everything lee says, but he's spot on a lot.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013   #123
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49238 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post

and what about that Landry Jones floater?
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013   #124
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

From what I've watched of Teddy Bridgewater...

He has more physical tools than David Garrard (referenced him due to his display of toughness,) and a mind for the game like Byron Leftwich. He has almost no NFL talent around him, except MAYBE his favorite receiver, #9. When they play big schools, he's shown he's belonged.

Is he a #1 pick?

If the Texans are holding that pick, they have no choice but to take him.
Old 12-07-2013   #125
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
and what about that Landry Jones floater?
What about it?
Old 12-07-2013   #126
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
From what I've watched of Teddy Bridgewater...

He has more physical tools than David Garrard (referenced him due to his display of toughness,) and a mind for the game like Byron Leftwich. He has almost no NFL talent around him, except MAYBE his favorite receiver, #9. When they play big schools, he's shown he's belonged.

Is he a #1 pick?

If the Texans are holding that pick, they have no choice but to take him.
I'm on board with the Bridgewater pick at #1, why are you trying to scare everyone else off by mentioning Garrard and Leftwich in the same sentence?
Old 12-07-2013   #127
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105991 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
I'm on board with the Bridgewater pick at #1, why are you trying to scare everyone else off by mentioning Garrard and Leftwich in the same sentence?
You don't know Dex's posting history very well do you?
Old 12-09-2013   #128
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Ive seen enough to know Teddy is ready for the NFL. He has an above average throwing motion. He is athletic enough to keep plays alive with his legs, but doesnt resort to running it whenever there is pressure as he keeps his eyes downfield. He is a great example of a hybrid QB who has a nice blend of pocket passer skills and athleticism.

The Texans would be wise to take Bridgewater who can compete for the starting job against Keenum, then come back in round 2 and grab an offenseive lineman.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013   #129
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Ive seen enough to know Teddy is ready for the NFL. He has an above average throwing motion. He is athletic enough to keep plays alive with his legs, but doesnt resort to running it whenever there is pressure as he keeps his eyes downfield. He is a great example of a hybrid QB who has a nice blend of pocket passer skills and athleticism.

The Texans would be wise to take Bridgewater who can compete for the starting job against Keenum, then come back in round 2 and grab an offenseive lineman.
I agree with you but have one question in regards to Tackle position, what is your position on Brennan Williams, who when healthy is = to another 2nd rd OT prospect?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013   #130
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I agree with you but have one question in regards to Tackle position, what is your position on Brennan Williams, who when healthy is = to another 2nd rd OT prospect?
I thought about that for awhile. There are some guard/tackle prospects out there that I think would be a good fit for either RT if BW does not come back healthy, and LG if he does come back healthy.
Old 12-09-2013   #131
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Didn't Williams have microfracture surgery ?! He may never be the same after that ... I wouldn't count on him ever playing a down , if he does good but I just wouldn't count on it.

I think you have to upgrade the RT and LG spots one way or another - Draft or FA.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013   #132
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105991 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
CnD has been warning against Williams ever playing well after a microfracture surgery.
Old 12-09-2013   #133
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I would've never taken Williams to be a tackle. Dude has guard written all over him.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013   #134
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Didn't Williams have microfracture surgery ?! He may never be the same after that ... I wouldn't count on him ever playing a down , if he does good but I just wouldn't count on it.

I think you have to upgrade the RT and LG spots one way or another - Draft or FA.
RT will be upgraded next year regardless because, whoever the new coach may be, he certainly won't be starting Derek Newton.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013   #135
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
RT will be upgraded next year regardless because, whoever the new coach may be, he certainly won't be starting Derek Newton.
If our new coach starts Derek Newton at RT, I'm going to laugh.

It will be the maniacal, hysterical laugh of someone losing their tenuous grip on sanity but I will laugh.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013   #136
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
If our new coach starts Derek Newton at RT, I'm going to laugh.

It will be the maniacal, hysterical laugh of someone losing their tenuous grip on sanity but I will laugh.
Old 12-10-2013   #137
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Ryan Harris hasn't been much of an upgrade. Just saying, it could get worse.
Old 12-10-2013   #138
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Ryan Harris hasn't been much of an upgrade. Just saying, it could get worse.
If Newton is not the starter next year then I don't see any way it could get worse. There was a thread a few days ago with profootball focus rankings for the Texans offense. IIRC, Newton was 74th out of 78 OT's. Harris was 43rd.

Harris is an average to slightly below average starting RT. Newton is an outright bottom of the league RT. We could sign a vet off the street next year to play RT and, while he may not play well, he can't be worse.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013   #139
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49238 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not sure that Teddy Bridgewater will be as good an NFL QB as Geno Smith.

......Teddy Bridgewater, 6'3" 205.....................Geno Smith, 6'2" 218

Pass Yards: 9370..........................................11,6 62
TDs:..........69.................................. ............98
INTs...........24................................. .............21
RAT:..........169.7............................... ............163.9
Comp. %:....70.2%....................................... ..71.2%
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013   #140
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not sure that Teddy Bridgewater will be as good an NFL QB as Geno Smith.

......Teddy Bridgewater, 6'3" 205.....................Geno Smith, 6'2" 218

Pass Yards: 9370..........................................11,6 62
TDs:..........69.................................. ............98
INTs...........24................................. .............21
RAT:..........169.7............................... ............163.9
Comp. %:....70.2%....................................... ..71.2%
Again, completely different systems.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read