Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-08-2013   #401
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 91628 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default NFL Gameday Final (Dan Helli) Speculates Mike Shanahan is positioning for Texans Job?

Don't have a link, but I'm looking.

Apparently that story that came out about Shanahan clearing out his desk last year just came out. He mentioned it 3 times in the clip I just saw and at the end said that people are insinuating that he is positioning to get out of Washington and into Houston. He said things are bad between Shanahan and Snyder and then said that there may be an ulterior motive for the story coming out.

Figured that was thread worthy. If you DVR'd the show it was at about 35 minutes into the show.

I'll look to see if a clip shows up on nfl.com

Not sure if I want Shanahan either. The Redskins have been a mess.

Mike

Edit: Didn't find the clip but found this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Rosenthall
Redskins officials reportedly have wondered if Shanahan is hopeful of leaving the Redskins in order to be a head coaching candidate for the Houston Texans. You know a relationship has turned irreparably ugly when the Redskins are wondering if their coach is trying to get fired.
link

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013   #402
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Gameday Final (Dan Helli) Speculates Mike Shanahan is positioning for Texans

LZ on twitter is pretty sure he's just using us to get fired from WAS. why would the texans hire Kubiak's mentor?
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013   #403
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Gameday Final (Dan Helli) Speculates Mike Shanahan is positioning for Texans

hire the Teacher of the student might has well since we a keeping Rick smith has well he shanny will want full control tho over smith
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013   #404
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 288146 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

John McClain @McClain_on_NFL
Quote:
Latest on #Texans search. Will not pursue Shanahan.

Coaches of interest: Lovie Smith, David Shaw and Ken Whisenhunt: http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...aw-whisenhunt/
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013   #405
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 91628 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
LZ on twitter is pretty sure he's just using us to get fired from WAS. why would the texans hire Kubiak's mentor?
Not sure how they would use Houston to get him fired and almost positive Houston wouldn't be complicit. Houston would get fined and/or lose draft picks for tampering and they were just saying that Washington would try to get some money back if they could prove he was trying to get out to get another job. Kind of makes me wonder if Washington is trying to muddy the waters to get some money back from him.

Mike

Old 12-09-2013   #406
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post
Not sure how they would use Houston to get him fired and almost positive Houston wouldn't be complicit. Houston would get fined and/or lose draft picks for tampering and they were just saying that Washington would try to get some money back if they could prove he was trying to get out to get another job. Kind of makes me wonder if Washington is trying to muddy the waters to get some money back from him.

Mike
easy, leak to the media that you're interested in the HOU job while doing a suckfest job with current employer since you're tired of their ****.
Old 12-09-2013   #407
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New HC candidates

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf8aBFTVNEU

NO!
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013   #408
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 108211 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i see the attraction. long time head coach, superbowl rings, and he runs the same system as our previous coach. shanahan hasnt been the same without our previous coach though. he went 13-3 in 2005 with kubiak and it's been all downhill since. shanahan wants too much control, and in many ways is just like kubiak though a bit more extreme in the tendencies. if shanahan could learn to delegate and bring in better coordinators he can be a really good head coach ... he's unlikely to do that though and i wouldnt want him here.
Old 12-09-2013   #409
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Quote:
easy, leak to the media that you're interested in the HOU job while doing a suckfest job with current employer since you're tired of their ****.
Yeah but what is the advantage? If Washington can prove he was trying to get fired they may be able to get back some of his salary.

Mike

Old 12-09-2013   #410
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post
Yeah but what is the advantage? If Washington can prove he was trying to get fired they may be able to get back some of his salary.

Mike
that's the point of using the national media, leak rumors through his people, they can't prove anything unless shanahan is dumb enough to do the dirty work himself.
Old 12-09-2013   #411
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Quote:
that's the point of using the national media, leak rumors through his people, they can't prove anything unless shanahan is dumb enough to do the dirty work himself.
It would make sense for him to try to put out the locker room incident himself if he were trying to position himself for the job. It wouldn't make sense for him or his people to even breath the name of another team.

Putting out the narrative that things were bad is one thing. He's going to get fired anyway (3-10 I believe).

Considering the ties he has to Houston (his son was an OC here, he worked with Smith) and the situation here, if a media guy confirmed that someone in his camp said he wants to work for Houston that would probably get him in some serious trouble. That's why I say it doesn't make sense for his camp to leak the Houston rumor. It would make more sense that his camp leak the desk clearing out issue in an attempt to line up for the Houston job.

He is due 7 million next year. If Washington fires him without cause they have to pay him that. If they could prove he was trying to get out they can fire him with cause and not pay him 7 million. It just seems like the motivation to bring up Houston would be from the Washington side.
Mike

Old 12-09-2013   #412
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29411 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i see the attraction. long time head coach, superbowl rings, and he runs the same system as our previous coach. shanahan hasnt been the same without our previous coach though. he went 13-3 in 2005 with kubiak and it's been all downhill since. shanahan wants too much control, and in many ways is just like kubiak though a bit more extreme in the tendencies. if shanahan could learn to delegate and bring in better coordinators he can be a really good head coach ... he's unlikely to do that though and i wouldnt want him here.
To me,his biggest flaw is his hiring of dc's. He's been terrible and have been running through them like paper towels. When was the last time haslett has been any good? At the end in denver, he fired dc's every yr. Kinda like lovie and his oc's.
Old 12-09-2013   #413
Oz Texan
Rookie

Rep Power: 125 Oz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Thank god, Texans not interested in...

Shannahan or Gruden.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-if-hes-fired/
Oz Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013   #414
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

All the shenanigans and losing Shanahan has done the past few years in Washington has put a huge black spot on his coaching resume, imo. Any team/owner would be completely ignorant hiring this guy. Heck, going to the Skins actually hurt Kyle's future HC possibilities too.

I'm kinda wishy washy on Lovie.

A huge NO to Whiz

A yes for Shaw

But what do I know?!

BTW, does anyone know if other teams have hired employee search companies to find their HCs? I know McNair admitted he wasn't a great football mind years ago, but it's been over 10 years. You'd think he'd know the process. If not, surely the GM would for Pete's sake.
Old 12-09-2013   #415
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 152954 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Thank god, Texans not interested in...

I think I would have put my fandom on hold if we hired Shanahan. He's just Kubiak Sr. The game has passed their coaching style by.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013   #416
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
I think I would have put my fandom on hold if we hired Shanahan. He's just Kubiak Sr. The game has passed their coaching style by.
Me too. The whole Washington debacle he's created has all but ruined his chances as a HC any time soon.

Maybe not so much as Shanahan, but if we hire Wade as our HC it will be hard for me to watch week in, week out.
Old 12-09-2013   #417
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd have been ok with Gruden but not Shanahan. He's done. Gruden probably is too but I am not entirely certain of that and if he'd gone to the trouble of trying to get the job I'd have believed at least that he thought he still had the ability and interest.

But Shanahan? No way. He's dead in the water and doesn't even realize it.
Old 12-09-2013   #418
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

I couldn't take Kubiak Sr. Myself. No way. I've said for years that Elway made Shanny's career.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013   #419
BetaV1
Veteran

Rep Power: 3509 BetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm an old-school defensive guy, so I'd be happy with Lovie. Speaking of defensive coaches, who could be some potential candidates from that side of the ball? The best player on this team right now is JJ Watt, and IMO we need a coach that can maximize the opportunity we have with him.

-Credit to False Start for this signature-
BetaV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013   #420
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz Texan View Post
Can I get an amen?!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read