Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-08-2013   #61
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52329 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Grantland's Latest Take on the Texans

Get whoever has the best combination of talent and motor. I don't want players who are half-assed, worthless, lazy losers. I don't want dumb players with no character either. Perfectly content with another guy with the fire of Watt and Cushing.

We're not rebuilding though. I said it before McNair said it. This team needs depth but it doesn't necessarily need an overhaul overall. Just the coaching and training staff. I firmly believe we'll be right back where we should have been in 2013 if we do well with the coaching hire and have a decent enough draft.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013   #62
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
Teddy is nice and all, but......

We should Wait for Winston!!!

In all seriousness, I don't know what route we should take. I'm just kind of taking this one on auto pilot for now. Gotta see what coach we bring in, and see what he wants.
Yep. For me I'm trying to hold off on to much speculation until we find out who our new coach is, and if Rick Smith is staying.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013   #63
Nitrofish
Humanoid

Rep Power: 53129 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Yep. For me I'm trying to hold off on to much speculation until we find out who our new coach is, and if Rick Smith is staying.
If Smith was going to get the axe, wouldn't he have been thrown out with Kubiak and Marciano? What would be the point of keeping him the rest of the season if uncle Bob was done with him also? Looks to me like Smith is safe even though I think he should be gone too. Bob thinks it's just a coaching issue and is going to ride with Smith for at least one more year IMO.

"I always said I wanted to play for one team, and to be able to play for the Houston Texans for the rest of my career, it's a tremendous honor." -Andre Johnson
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013   #64
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
If Smith was going to get the axe, wouldn't he have been thrown out with Kubiak and Marciano? What would be the point of keeping him the rest of the season if uncle Bob was done with him also? Looks to me like Smith is safe even though I think he should be gone too. Bob thinks it's just a coaching issue and is going to ride with Smith for at least one more year IMO.
I agree but with you that Smith should be gone already but...Casserly didn't "resign" until after the draft after Kubiak was hired. Why that happened we'll never know but the point is Smith could still go.
Old 12-08-2013   #65
heymak
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Is it racist to ask to see Moon/Cunningham's rings?....
How about just add Doug Williams to the list. If not racist at least just plain silly. Talent is talent.
heymak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013   #66
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchaubApologist View Post
Man, it's gonna be fun watching Teddy every Sunday.

1.1 Bridgewater
2.1 Best RT avail
3.1 BPA
4.1 BPA
5.1 BPA
6.1 BPA
7.1 Kicker
Then get ready for more mediocrity in the near Texans future because Bridgewater is NOT a franchise QB. He will be a backup at best. NOTHING about this kid screams franchise QB...

Mediocre arm with mediocre talent playing in a mediocre conference. Oh yeah, THAT screams #1 over all pick...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013   #67
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17109 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Then get ready for more mediocrity in the near Texans future because Bridgewater is NOT a franchise QB. He will be a backup at best. NOTHING about this kid screams franchise QB...

Mediocre arm with mediocre talent playing in a mediocre conference. Oh yeah, THAT screams #1 over all pick...
YOu opinion of him not being franchise is one that could be defended.

Your examples of him having a 'mediocre arm' and then using the tired 'mediocre conference/college record' to somehow validate your statement is ignorant at best.

So all successful NFL QB's come from power conferences where they went undefeated right? How many SEC QB's are tearing it up in The League right now?

Do you know how scouting works? The indicators you look for in a QB? Teddy B can make all the throws, adjusts blocking assignments at the line, crazy accurate and throws a beautiful ball, I dont understand where these uninformed posts come from. Just say you dont like him, dont try to solidfy your argument using bogus claims you look foolish. Better yet why dont you go look up some film, some interviews, and then comb through the roster and ask yourself how many other NFL type guys does Teddy B play with?

"Backup at Best" ?? LMAO Those were the words that Mayock used to describe Case Keenum. Good Stuff there buddy.
Old 12-08-2013   #68
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 13608 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Bless your little heart.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013   #69
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Unfortunately he is.
Old 12-08-2013   #70
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by heymak View Post
How about just add Doug Williams to the list. If not racist at least just plain silly. Talent is talent.
Love Williams he was a pioneer.

Not so much Moon talent is talent, what did Moon ever win? Even though he had the most talented team in the NFL for a 4 yr period.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013   #71
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 13423 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Not so much Moon talent is talent, what did Moon ever win? Even though he had the most talented team in the NFL for a 4 yr period.
You should tell us why Trent Dilfer was a better QB than Marino.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013   #72
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
You should tell us why Trent Dilfer was a better QB than Marino.
Exaggeration much?

Dilfer did come up big in the playoffs.

BTW, Marino despite all of his records is only about 10th on my list.

Give me Aikman over Marino any day for instance. Aikman gave up personal stats for the good of the team. Aikman = winner.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013   #73
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 13423 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Exaggeration much?

Give me Aikman over Marino any day for instance. Aikman gave up personal stats for the good of the team. Aikman = winner.
Give me Aikman's offensive line first. They technically have more rings, and that's all you care about, right?
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013   #74
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
YOu opinion of him not being franchise is one that could be defended.

Your examples of him having a 'mediocre arm' and then using the tired 'mediocre conference/college record' to somehow validate your statement is ignorant at best.

So all successful NFL QB's come from power conferences where they went undefeated right? How many SEC QB's are tearing it up in The League right now?

Do you know how scouting works? The indicators you look for in a QB? Teddy B can make all the throws, adjusts blocking assignments at the line, crazy accurate and throws a beautiful ball, I dont understand where these uninformed posts come from. Just say you dont like him, dont try to solidfy your argument using bogus claims you look foolish. Better yet why dont you go look up some film, some interviews, and then comb through the roster and ask yourself how many other NFL type guys does Teddy B play with?

"Backup at Best" ?? LMAO Those were the words that Mayock used to describe Case Keenum. Good Stuff there buddy.
annnnd Keenum is a backup "At Best"

sure he can make all the throws, on a college level and against inferior teams, doesn't mean he can do it on a NFL level. Hell, none of the QBs in this draft scream #1 pick, so it isn't about me not liking Bridgwater, just not impressed and don't think he is worth the pick. Sorry if my opinion got your panties in a wad. I know a good doctor for that...

No, not all successful QBs are from power conferences but MOST come from schools better than Louisville. I wont get into the fact the best team he played all year was UCF and lost.

I have watched plenty of Louisville games and was absolutely unimpressed with Bridgewater. He looked like the typical "great college" QB but I see him washing out as an NFL QB.

Yes average arm at best maybe a slight above average but nothing special, don't give a damn how beautiful of a ball he throws. Schaub threw a beautiful ball and for the most part was accurate, and he damn sure isn't a NFL starter so that doesn't mean squat if the QB cannot read a defense.

so when the Texans take him #1 and in 3 years the kid looks like David Carr, where should I send the "I told you so" card?

Old 12-08-2013   #75
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
Bless your little heart.
I know, I hate when I am right too...

Old 12-08-2013   #76
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Exaggeration much?

I'm thinking if you put Marino on the Cowboys they would've been better than the Aikman led Cowboys . Just my 2 cents .
Old 12-08-2013   #77
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 24336 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

5 Grey Cups?
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013   #78
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 32527 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
5 Grey Cups?
Yeah, you can't blame Moon for Bud
Old 12-08-2013   #79
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Moon was the best roll out passer I have ever seen. They ruined him by trying to turn him into Marino.
Old 12-08-2013   #80
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3967 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

clown post bro

i bet you are a joy to be around. please don't take your personal frustrations and failures out on your dog.
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read