Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 09-21-2013   #1
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jadeveon Clowney playing with bone spurs

Just read that he was stepped on in last week game against Georgia.

It will require off-season surgery, and it was indicated that the timing probably won't allow enough time for him to heal for the combine.

It was also reported that he's playing with pain.

By playing hurt, does he have a chance to further aggravate the injury?
Will it enhance the chance if him incurring another injury?

Is it a smart decision to even play him?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #2
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jadeveon Clowney playing with bone spurs

So is it injury, or effort?

Did he quit on his team? Or does he require sugery?

Quote:
It was evident during the 2013 season opener against North Carolina that Clowney's conditioning was subpar. His snap count didn't warrant him being as tired as he was and he clearly took some plays off. Sources told WalterFootball.com Clowney lacked a good work ethic in his conditioning and took a significant amount of plays off last year. However after the opener, Clowney's effort and conditioning was a lot better the rest of the season after he took some criticism.
Clowney has totaled 35 tackles, three sacks, 10.5 tackles for a loss, two passes defended and a forced fumble in 2013.
The 6-foot-6, 272-pounder has the athletic talent to be a special player. The scary part is how good he could be if he develops an inner drive and a work ethic.
http://walterfootball.com/draft2014charlie.php
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #3
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario, is that you?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #4
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
So is it injury, or effort?

Did he quit on his team? Or does he require sugery?

http://walterfootball.com/draft2014charlie.php
He had a virus prior to the UNC game, and even then his tape looked great. Nothing about his tape speaks to a lack of commitment or effort.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #5
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Do not want. If we're going pass rusher give me Barr.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #6
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Mario, is that you?
There's an NFL coach -- I want to say Herm Edwards, but not sure -- who has a great philosophy about seeing what is...

Fat guys stay fat,
Injured guys get injured,
Lazy guys stay lazy.

Players "tell" you who they are... teams(NFL) don't always listen.
Old 12-06-2013   #7
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

He had 13 sacks and 23.5 TFL as a sophomore . That's the year everyone was drooling about . If I went with Clowney , I'd put him in JJs hip pocket .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-07-2013   #8
redwhiteblue
Veteran

Rep Power: 2088 redwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
If I went with Clowney , I'd put him in JJs hip pocket .
Doesn't work. All the receivers we drafted who were supposed to learn from Andre never did. None of Payton's backups learned from him.
redwhiteblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013   #9
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteblue View Post
Doesn't work. All the receivers we drafted who were supposed to learn from Andre never did. None of Payton's backups learned from him.
I think he means putting him next to Watt in the scheme.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013   #10
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 12954 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm calling on Cloak to chime in on his opinion of bone spurs, yes I could google it but it's harder to find when what I want is the future performance of athletes. From what little I know I think it should be a non- issue, I'm more concerned with work ethic and the love of the game. We don't need to draft a Hainsworth.
pirbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013   #11
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteblue View Post
Who was that ?

The Texans kept parading Walter out there to block . Besides Jacoby did ok once he left .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013   #12
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirbroke View Post
I'm calling on Cloak to chime in on his opinion of bone spurs, yes I could google it but it's harder to find when what I want is the future performance of athletes. From what little I know I think it should be a non- issue, I'm more concerned with work ethic and the love of the game. We don't need to draft a Hainsworth.
It's a non issue. And maybe just maybe that contributed to his perceived lack of effort at times. I personally think all that has been overhyped. His stats have suffered (compared to last year) more because of teams game planning against him than lack of effort or lack of love for the game.
Old 12-09-2013   #13
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Who was that ?

The Texans kept parading Walter out there to block . Besides Jacoby did ok once he left .
Jacoby really didn't though. Look at his numbers as a receiver and they are still very pedestrian. The Ravens have needed a lot of help at receiver and he has yet to give what they need. He gets a KR and a big play every now and then and people tend to focus on that and remember just that. However, he is still a horrible route runner and is very inconsistent.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013   #14
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Default Re: Jadeveon Clowney speeding

Jadeveon Clowney stopped, cited with going 110 in a 70

Quote:
COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) -
The South Carolina Highway Patrol says they saw Jadeveon Clowney coming -- perhaps a bit too quickly -- and promptly cited the Gamecocks star defensive end with going 110 MPH in a 70 MPH zone.

Troopers say Clowney was pulled over in a Chrysler 300 around 7:30 p.m. Saturday night on Interstate 77 near mile marker 39.

Officials say he was immediately ticketed for $355, but not arrested in the stop.

According to state law, Clowney could have been imprisoned for not more than 30 days for the violation since he was driving 25 miles per hour over the speed limit...
Old 12-09-2013   #15
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jadeveon Clowney speeding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Mario, is that you?
I guess it is! Haha
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013   #16
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Clowney: Do not want

Man, there is so much bad press about this dude from his coaching staff, his school, and other media outlets all over the place. I mean, this guy was touted as a guy that the media really wanted to consider for a Heisman candidate, and he totally did not show up this season with all of the extra hype and media attention. It seems like so much of it went to his head and he has underperformed a lot. That doesn't seem like a gamer to me.

And after what this franchise experienced with Mario Williams, I just can't fathom why people want him over here when we already have our J.J. Watt. Of course I'd love to have another guy like that and all, but Clowney clearly isn't the same type of guy mentally. They are not cut from the same cloth. Clowney seems way to entitled already. Every time I see a guy go into the draft that is described as a guy who takes plays off and isn't always into the game, it seems like these guys way underperform from where they were drafted.

I think the Texans can find a guy that's a lot better of a prospect regardless if he isn't as talented. Talent isn't always the end all be all. Character, drive, and motivation are big time intangibles as well that need to be considered.
Old 12-09-2013   #17
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Default Re: Clowney: Do not want

I think he's off the list for character concerns.
Old 12-09-2013   #18
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Man, I sure hope so.
Old 12-09-2013   #19
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with Tex. I don't know the entire story behind the reason or reasons why he's been a no-show this year, but I've been reading more than one report that it's because he wants to protect himself from getting injured, and becoming the next Marcus Lattimore.

That rubs me the wrong way.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013   #20
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I agree with Tex. I don't know the entire story behind the reason or reasons why he's been a no-show this year, but I've been reading more than one report that it's because he wants to protect himself from getting injured, and becoming the next Marcus Lattimore.

That rubs me the wrong way.
Man, there is so many things being said about that guy. Saying he walks around with this entourage, that he takes plays off, that he has worn out his welcome on his own team with the coaching staff, and etc. The list goes on and on. After having a guy like Mario and seeing his lack of effort for years, I think most teams would be nuts to draft Clowney in the top 10 to 15 picks.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read