Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-07-2013   #281
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New HC candidates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Gibbs not only had full control of the O Line but the running game as well and that includes his Blocking TE and FB. That's always been a part of his contract where ever he has coached in the NFL and also the reason he left Seattle so quickly after signing on.
You can keep saying it without substantiation and it still won't make it true. It is your reading between the lines. Provide some proof he had that in his contract in Houston and we can lay the issue to rest.

Leach & Dreessen came before Gibbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
I just started a post quoting your list and giving my own brief evaluation of all of these guys but they all started looking the same. I either thought they all were lame at best or sucked at worst with the following exceptions.

2. Chucky- I don't think he'll interview either. This job isn't glamorous enough.
Not buying that at all. From his comments and pattern this is perfect for him to believe he can come in tweak and have fast success.
Old 12-07-2013   #282
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I just started a post quoting your list and giving my own brief evaluation of all of these guys but they all started looking the same. I either thought they all were lame at best or sucked at worst with the following exceptions.

1. Cowher- Too good to be true. That's why he won't even interview. He'll want his own personnel guy and that won't fly with Bob right now.

2. Chucky- I don't think he'll interview either. This job isn't glamorous enough.

3. Lovie- I'm not crazy about this one but he seems like the type of guy that Bob would go for. Don't know why he never could get the offense going in Chicago.

4. Del Rio- I could be talked into getting onboard with him. He had some pretty good years in Jacksonville....then some no so good.

5. Whiz- Reminds me too much of Kubiak at this point. Good results with a HOF QB, mediocre at best without one.

I really think he needs to open up the process to coordinators.
I've been seeing this a lot lately and I don't understand why. This team just had back-to-back AFC South titles, has decent talent on both sides of the ball and has a patient owner. What more can a Head Coach ask for coming to a new team?
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013   #283
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Leach & Dreessen came before Gibbs.
So Gibbs must have liked them, yes?
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013   #284
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
So Gibbs must have liked them, yes?
Not true at all on Leach. The Texans made him the highest paid FB in the league before he got here. Even if he did like them it doesn't prove anything.

Where is that contract proof instead of trying to argue he must have liked Leach?
Old 12-07-2013   #285
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Which doesn't mean the talent level sucks. McNair is dumping Kubiak because the talent level does not suck and therefore the coaching was sub-par. Ask the Chiefs if losing is always an indication of overall talent level sucking, or Indy.
I guess I didn't make my point clear. You just said what I meant, just more clearly. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
Yes because both of those sorry ass teams beat us this season that means they are head and shoulders better than us.

Pfffffft.

If you truly think that both of those teams are better Teams and organizations then you are dead wrong. Just relax there, guy. We had an awful season and just canned our HC. If were betting on who is going farther next season between those three teams...I would call you a fool if you picked either of those two.
See above. I think we have the talent to compete with any team with a few shortcomings addressed. Some would say "many shortcomings" and there could be some merit there. It just depends on one's perspective. Glass 1/2 full or empty kinda thing.

Bottom line is I hope the braintrust, whoever the hell that is, knocks it outta the park. Going on record here that I don't believe Lovie Smith is that guy.

Most say it will never happen but I can't think of a better pilot for this vessel than David Shaw. Probably won't happen but that's the basket my eggs are in.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013   #286
drs23 
Veteran

Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
McNair only dumped Kubiak because he kept playing Sloth over Keenum. Be realistic. If Kubes won another game or so and kept Keenum playing we would be looking at another 3 yrs of Kubiak most likely.
Once again you're stating your hater opinion as fact. It's merely your opinion and everyone has one. Some don't stink so badly. JMO

Old 12-07-2013   #287
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not buying that at all. From his comments and pattern this is perfect for him to believe he can come in tweak and have fast success.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I've been seeing this a lot lately and I don't understand why. This team just had back-to-back AFC South titles, has decent talent on both sides of the ball and has a patient owner. What more can a Head Coach ask for coming to a new team?
Totally understand. My statement that this job isn't glamorous enough for him isn't based on anything more than a vibe. I just see Chucky as more of an entertainer now than a coach.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't see him wanting to leave a climate controlled broadcast booth for the inferno that is Houston in August.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013   #288
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Totally understand. My statement that this job isn't glamorous enough for him isn't based on anything more than a vibe. I just see Chucky as more of an entertainer now than a coach.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't see him wanting to leave a climate controlled broadcast booth for the inferno that is Houston in August.
Money talks my friend. Not only that, but the guy currently lives in Tampa and is outside in those elements all the time. The weather is the last thing he'd be worried about in regards to Houston.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013   #289
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not true at all on Leach. The Texans made him the highest paid FB in the league before he got here. Even if he did like them it doesn't prove anything.

Where is that contract proof instead of trying to argue he must have liked Leach?
Go back and watch some of Kubiak's early 2008 PCs after Gibbs WAS hired. I think Gary discusses Gibbs role. Gibbs was hired as Assist head coach offense. Kyle Shanahan was hired as Offensive Coordinator about same time. If I remember correctly Kubiak talks about how Gibbs will be overseeing the offense and Shanahan. Also how in Denver when Kubiak was a new Coordinator Gibbs was always looking over his shoulder making sure Gary was getting it right. When I was living in Atlanta and Gibbs was hired there was a story or video discussing how Gibbs had full control of the running game and insisted on that as part of his contract or he didn't take the job. I'm not your research assistant you'll have do your own research. If not, it's Ripley's for you....Believe IT OR Not. There sure is a lot information that suggest it so, logic and between the lines as you like to say that suggest it so. If you choose to ignore the corroborating evidence so be it but here is the bottom line: I DON'T CARE WHETHER YOU BELIEVE IT OR NOT.

Last edited by Texian; 12-08-2013 at 12:45 PM.
Old 12-07-2013   #290
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:

I think you're arguing here just to argue...outside of that your comment doesn't make much sense.......sometimes I think this message board is your playstation.
Old 12-07-2013   #291
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Ok, then wouldn't it be better just to say you don't think Gruden will return to coaching? Or do you think he would return to coach a more glamorous team?
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013   #292
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Ok, then wouldn't it be better just to say you don't think Gruden will return to coaching? Or do you think he would return to coach a more glamorous team?

I think Gruden is waiting and hoping to step into a situation like Houston if he is offered enough. He will also want final say on players. I think he wants to show again the genius he thinks he is.
Brain Cushing
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013   #293
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

I almost cringe saying this, but does any think that Bob may have Saban on his list? He has NFL experience somewhat, pretty strong resume, and he may think that he can catch lightening in a bottle and get Belichek jr
Brain Cushing
Old 12-07-2013   #294
drs23 
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
I almost cringe saying this, but does any think that Bob may have Saban on his list? He has NFL experience somewhat, pretty strong resume, and he may think that he can catch lightening in a bottle and get Belichek jr
I could of course be wrong but I don't believe Saban could be blasted outta his AL gig with all the C-4 at the US G'ment's disposal.

Now watch him hop on this gig.

Old 12-07-2013   #295
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 139289 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll be the first Aggie to say I don't want Mike Sherman.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013   #296
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
I'll be the first Aggie to say I don't want Mike Sherman.
What's wrong with Mike "Let's keep passing while we're leading and risk an INT" Sherman?
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013   #297
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 139289 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
What's wrong with Mike "Let's keep passing while we're leading and risk an INT" Sherman?
All those heartbreaking losses in 2011.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013   #298
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I could of course be wrong but I don't believe Saban could be blasted outta his AL gig with all the C-4 at the US G'ment's disposal.

Now watch him hop on this gig.
I heard talk that UT was gonna offer him the moon + and that he would go. He' proven himself at Alabama and thought is that he's ready to go for a bigger stage. And more money of course. And what if he really wanted to erase the biggest stain on his legacy? Succeed where once he failed? Just a thought, and I hope that it is not even in the realm of possibility, but then again if you told me before the 2013 season that the Texans were going to be 2-11, I would have said no way and even bet any amount on that.. and if they were, their two wins would be against Jacksonville.
Brain Cushing

Last edited by JB; 12-07-2013 at 10:33 PM.
Old 12-07-2013   #299
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21346 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
in this case (pun intended) either cutler succeeds or implodes and we draft a QB the following year in a great year for QBs.

i wouldn't mind cutler his certainly not my first option but i don't think his has bad as some suggest
just realised that this was my 1000th post.
DAMN! what a crappy irrelevant post to achieve this milestone with
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013   #300
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Rep Power: 2095 Bleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks Like Shaw could be the guy which would be nice. It's John McLain reporting it so take it how you want but he is usually right on these things.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...columnist-says
Bleed_Blu_Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read