Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

View Poll Results: Manziel or Bridgewater?
Johnny Manziel 18 24.66%
Teddy Bridgewater 55 75.34%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-07-2013   #21
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [2014] Bridgwater vs Manziel who would you take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I believe those measurements are off.
So are the stats.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013   #22
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Bridgewater = BUST; That is all!
Texian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013   #23
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Manziel = nut BUSTed on by NFL defenders
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013   #24
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
lol Johnny f is closer to 6'0 185
Lol no he's not
Old 12-07-2013   #25
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Bridgewater is 3" taller, Johnny is 20 lbs heavier, that is all.
Old 12-07-2013   #26
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
lol Johnny f is closer to 6'0 185
I don't think so. I wanna say 5'11 200. Dude is actually pretty stocky.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013   #27
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
[2014] Bridgwater vs Manziel who would you take?
Asking the right question are we, hmm?

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013   #28
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
I don't think so. I wanna say 5'11 200. Dude is actually pretty stocky.
Every site I've seen shows Manziel at 5'11" 210 and Bridgewater at 6'3" 205.

Manziel has a thicker build ....

I still don't want either of them at #1. Hell , if we end up with it , I want to move out of #1. Just don't see a single player who's worthy of the distinction of the #1.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013   #29
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post

I still don't want either of them at #1. Hell , if we end up with it , I want to move out of #1. Just don't see a single player who's worthy of the distinction of the #1.
Question then - if the Texans have TB rated #5 overall but feel they need a QB would you want them to trade down still?
Old 12-07-2013   #30
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Manziel at 2-1 rather than Bridgewater at 1-1.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013   #31
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
On the other hand you have Teddy Bridgewater who toils in the crappy Big East but had a great Sugar Bowl game against a really good Florida Gators defense.

I would probably favor the bigger guy in Bridgewater, but it's not like Manziel doesn't have a bunch of good things in his favor.
Actuall JM weighs more than TB. # Gator O turnovers was the real story of Sugar Bowl outcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I've seen more of Manziel but would prefer Bridgewater + he is a bit taller two inches and 20 lbs heavier. Will watch both more next season.
JM outweighs TB by almost 20 lbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
If we get a guy like Bevell I'm comfortable with Manziel, seeing as he could use him much like Seattle uses Wilson.
I like Bevell but McNair has already eliminated Darrell, no HC experience.
Old 12-07-2013   #32
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
Question then - if the Texans have TB rated #5 overall but feel they need a QB would you want them to trade down still?
I'd be much more comfortable taking him after a trade down scenario pending fair compensation. That compensation reduces the risk.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013   #33
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

btw take my measurements with a grain of salt as it is spitballing from having seen him a couple times on test days.
Old 12-07-2013   #34
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
btw take my measurements with a grain of salt as it is spitballing from having seen him a couple times on test days.
Sometimes those are more accurate than measurements by the colleges.
Old 12-07-2013   #35
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9350 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post

Agree 100% Texans haven't gotten "luck"y when they have had the first round.
Clowney reminds me a lot of Mario. No motor. Hopefully we get somebody that gives us an RGIII type offer.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013   #36
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Sometimes those are more accurate than measurements by the colleges.
Agreed. We all know that the major universities of higher learning staffed by some of the most brilliant people in the world have no idea how to use a measuring stick or weight scale, so many players shrink at the Combine it's rediculous.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013   #37
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Manziel at 2-1 rather than Bridgewater at 1-1.
I see this take a QB in round 2-4, but really is that any gaurantee of an upgrade over what we already have. We already have mediocre quarterbacking, I don't see a 2nd, 3rd or 4th round QB really improving on that. If they aren't worth taking in the first round, are they really worth taking at all?

Here is a list of the current NFL starting QB's drafted outside the first round:
Brady - get him off the board early because he is a freak
Dalton - enjoy your first round losses
Romo - Inconsistency thy name is Romo
Keenum - meh
Flynn - 1 game wonder
Henne - great back-up
G. Smith -
McGloin - good enough to beat the Texans
Foles - small sample
Kapearnick - is he a good QB?
Wilson - Height probably put people off
Glennon - better than Freeman I guess
Clemens - hah
Fitzpatrick - got a contract off smashing a woeful Texans team back in the day.
Old 12-08-2013   #38
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 84406 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Simple enough question, say both of these players declare for the 2014 draft and neither suffer any major injuries. Obviously not seeing them play in 2013 will be a large variable in this question but who would you rather have. Just some physical traits for each player:

Johnny Manziel:
Height: 6-1 (ESPN.com)
Weight: 200lbs (ESPN.com)
YDS TD INT
3706 26 9

Teddy Bridgewater
Height: 6-3 (ESPN.com)
Weight: 213lbs (ESPN.com)
YDS TD INT
3718 27 8

Personally, I love watching Johnny Football play his college ball. As Lance Z described him, he's a 6 foot 200 pound whirling dervish of a QB who played behind probably the best O-line in football. On the other hand you have Teddy Bridgewater who toils in the crappy Big East but had a great Sugar Bowl game against a really good Florida Gators defense.

I would probably favor the bigger guy in Bridgewater, but it's not like Manziel doesn't have a bunch of good things in his favor.
The speed of Maziel's competition is far closer to NFL caliber than Bridgewater's. NFL speed is what separates the great from the merely good.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013   #39
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 84406 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Agreed. We all know that the major universities of higher learning staffed by some of the most brilliant people in the world have no idea how to use a measuring stick or weight scale, so many players shrink at the Combine it's rediculous.
Don't tell me that you think the major universities of higher learning staffed by some of the most brilliant people in the world don't lie through their teeth just as often as the "Real World." Where do you think the "Real World" learned how to lie without giving it a second thought?
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013   #40
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Don't tell me that you think the major universities of higher learning staffed by some of the most brilliant people in the world don't lie through their teeth just as often as the "Real World." Where do you think the "Real World" learned how to lie without giving it a second thought?
I'm almost a hundred percent sure Wolf was being intentionally tongue-in-cheek. You just restated what he rather facetiously implied.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read