Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2013   #11
Tolar's Ghost
Veteran

Rep Power: 9157 Tolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New HC candidates

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedTexans View Post
...He thinks this team is just a few players away and thinks a more experience coach will take us there...I don't understand why there is so much negativity here lately?..
No one means to be negative just for the sake of it.

But a lot of people here are realists. And they're wary of McNair/Smith making the right decision. As they should be.

I think Texans management has done a good job of lowering expectations when it come to these kinds of decisions.

As a longtime Steelers fan, admittedly I've been spoiled. But I want to see the Texans have the same kind of success.

Note: As for McNair thinking his the team "is just a few players away": That's exactly the mindset that helped get the team in their current predicament.

After last season, they figured the roster simply needed a little tweaking to get them to Super Bowl contention. So they signed Ed Reed. Not smart.

It doesn't work like that in the NFL. Every year there's a new set of variables. Just because you were 12-4 one year doesn't mean you'll be 14-2 and in the Super Bowl the next year.

As someone once said, if you aren't working hard to get better, you'll get worse.
Tolar's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read