Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-02-2013   #21
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blake Bortles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhhAOFVJV-U

he must have a ton of confidence!!!!

also the more tape i watch the more i am impressed.
I'm really tempted to do a mock with bortles as my QB but i think its too likely he returns next year. disappointing because all the QBs i like this year will probably not enter the 2014 draft
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013   #22
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78460 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post

I'm really tempted to do a mock with bortles as my QB but i think its too likely he returns next year. disappointing because all the QBs i like this year will probably not enter the 2014 draft
Bortles still has a chance to rocket boost his stock with a great showing in the Sugar Bowl against an SEC team (ala Bridgewater last year). I think it's more likely that he returns though.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #23
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Which is why the Texans shouldn't reach for a QB.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #24
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 232779 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Todd McShay says Bortles is the #2 QB in this draft class. fwiw
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #25
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Bortles but it's been proven that McShay doesn't know anything. He's a hack.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #26
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 48657 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I like Bortles but it's been proven that McShay doesn't know anything. He's a hack.
McShay started the season saying Stephen Morris was the Top QB in 2013.

bah007 is right, McShay is hack who studied journalism and is now masquerading very poorly as college scout.

If Bortles were to declare I would not be surprised if he were the first QB off the board.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #27
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 59836 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Bortles still has a chance to rocket boost his stock with a great showing in the Sugar Bowl against an SEC team (ala Bridgewater last year). I think it's more likely that he returns though.
If he has a great bowl game against a quality opponent, his draft stock would be super high. Top 5 kinda high maybe. Next years draft COULD have Winston, Mariotta, Hundley, and others. Maybe a lot of teams picking in top 10 not needing a QB. Watching video of him, I am very impressed. I'm not so sure he returns another year if draft stock is top 5 quality.

Who does he remind you of?
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #28
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 48657 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Last week I entertained the idea of driving to Dallas this Saturday to watch Mr. Bortles play SMU. Old Man Winter will be attending with his friend 20 degrees. So Plan B is now in order. A Bucket of KFC's Weekend 10 for $10, the Big Easy, the remote and ESPN are now the plan of the day.

Saturday, December 7, 11:00 AM (CT) on ESPN

EDIT: Dadgumit KFC 10 for $10 was over and out 11/24. (Deciding on Plan C)

Plan C: A huge pot of Chili Mac is in order for the games and the coming Arctic Blast.

Last edited by Texian; 12-04-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Old 12-04-2013   #29
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78460 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollardized View Post
If he has a great bowl game against a quality opponent, his draft stock would be super high. Top 5 kinda high maybe. Next years draft COULD have Winston, Mariotta, Hundley, and others. Maybe a lot of teams picking in top 10 not needing a QB. Watching video of him, I am very impressed. I'm not so sure he returns another year if draft stock is top 5 quality.

A more polished, but less athletic Ryan Tannehill.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 12-04-2013   #30
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
A more polished, but less athletic Ryan Tannehill.
How would you describe his arm strength?

His movement skills/acuracy look fine to me.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #31
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
How would you describe his arm strength?

His movement skills/acuracy look fine to me.
I think he has a good arm. He's not Matt Stafford, but his arm is certainly NFL quality. I've heard some people compare his arm to Luck because of his release, which is fine, but he doesn't have near the ball placement that Luck has.

He's athletic and throws great on the run too. He puts good touch on his deep ball, but can be inconsistent on his throw. I like his accuracy other than that.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 12-04-2013   #32
Texian
Hall of Fame

Blake Bortles, QB UCF, 6'4" 230

BIO - http://www.ucfknights.com/sports/m-f...es_587127.html

STATS - http://espn.go.com/college-football/.../blake-bortles

2013 Performance - http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/f...t/individual/8

Completion % = #10, .680
Passing Efficency = #7, 167.3
Passing Yards per Completion = #14, 14.3 yds

TD to INT Ratio = 3 to 1

Still has 1 game to play, Sat @ SMU

-against Jadevon Clowney and South Carolina 9/28: Eclipsed the 300-yard mark for the second time this season and threw for a career-high 358 yards while completing 25 passes with two touchdowns through the air

-In the win at Memphis, led UCF on a game-tying drive with 2:05 to go that lasted 15 plays and 80 yards

-Trailing 35-31 at Louisville, marched his team down the field on an 11-play, 75- yard drive that was capped off by a 2-yard touchdown pass to Jeff Godfrey with 23 seconds left

-At Temple 11/16: Bortles completed the day 27-for-38 for a career-high 403 yards, four touchdowns and no interceptions. With his 403 yards, Bortles jumped into fourth place on UCF's all-time passing yards list with 6,500. The 403 passing yards were the 10th most in a single game by a UCF quarterback. Bortles also added a season-high 62 rushing yards on 11 carries

Personal Note: has several games this year (4) (Memphis, Louisville, Temple, S Florida) where he delivered a 4th quarter game winning/tying score including last second TD to beat Teddy Bridgewater in Louisville. Negative, turnovers has fumbled the ball or been stripped of the ball several times while in the pocket. Has good pocket awareness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
You have to be careful with some of McShay's hype, he may be directed/doing it to gen up interest in an ESPN upcoming televised game. It just so happens UCF plays Sat @ 11:00AM on ESPN. Makes you wonder, scratch your head as to why McShay is all of sudden on the band wagon.

Last edited by Texian; 12-04-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Old 12-04-2013   #33
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollardized View Post

http://fansided.com/2013/11/22/ucf-q...s-andrew-luck/

Andrew luck???
Old 12-05-2013   #34
Texian
Hall of Fame

"All indications are that the redshirt junior will fill out pre-draft paperwork and submit it to an NFL Draft Advisory Board to gauge his status. The advisory board, comprised of NFL talent evaluators, will give Bortles an idea of where he might be drafted should he declare."

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...ary-draft-pool

Louisville wins in OT vs Cincinnati, that means UCF and Blake Bortles will be going to a BCS Bowl.
Old 12-05-2013   #35
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 11189 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

the only reason we need to draft him..

his girlfriend: http://larrybrownsports.com/college-...ey-duke/211487
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013   #36
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
"All indications are that the redshirt junior will fill out pre-draft paperwork and submit it to an NFL Draft Advisory Board to gauge his status. The advisory board, comprised of NFL talent evaluators, will give Bortles an idea of where he might be drafted should he declare."

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...ary-draft-pool

Louisville wins in OT vs Cincinnati, that means UCF and Blake Bortles will be going to a BCS Bowl.
mmm thats interesting i didn't think there was much chance of him coming out but this gives me a little bit of hope
Old 12-07-2013   #37
Texian
Hall of Fame

It's BORTLES Day! Again! However it's 23 degrees in Dallas so I'm not expecting much other than the COLD to be a factor. I will be watching to see how well he handles the cold and the football. Turnovers could be a result of the weather.

UCF VS SMU 11:00AM ESPN
Old 12-07-2013   #38
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
mmm thats interesting i didn't think there was much chance of him coming out but this gives me a little bit of hope
After looking at his girlfriend ... he ain't coming out ... wait ... you mean out of college , nevermind .
Old 12-07-2013   #39
Texian
Hall of Fame

Danny Kannel just said there are NFL teams that think that Bortles would be the #1 QB in this year's NFL Draft. Where have I heard that before? Not sure where Danny is getting his information?????
Old 12-07-2013   #40
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Danny Kannel just said there are NFL teams that think that Bortles would be the #1 QB in this year's NFL Draft. Where have I heard that before? Not sure where Danny is getting his information?????
That just sounds insane. I cannot imagine a scenario where TB is not # 1. Nothing is 100% but this is about as close as it gets.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read