Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-06-2013   #141
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak just got fired

Hope, the next Texans' HC can lead this team to SB. I am not getting younger and would like to see Texans win SB in my life time.

Last edited by SAMURAITEXAN; 12-06-2013 at 11:55 PM.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #142
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 811 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been waiting for this day for about 4 seasons now. Glad we can move forward out of the kubiak era. I hope he can get his health in order and appreciate the baby steps he took us forward but now is time for a real coach and im anxious to see who we get.
ajohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #143
Steal Your Face
Rookie

Section: 119
Rep Power: 858 Steal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Personally I hope that Gary was thrown out the door head first. All he ever did was make this team an embarrassment and he set this franchise back 8 to 10 years now. He always put his personal relationships over this team's success and refused to ever hold accountability. He doesn't deserve another coaching job other than maybe at a small school in college. The only reason why he ever made the playoffs in Houston was because McNair forced Wade on him where the defense was turned around over night while Gary refused to fire Smith before that. He thought he could win with Carr as well. One of the worst offensive minds I've ever watched as a fan from his stubborn nature to stick to one system and to be completely gutless to deviate away from it. Good riddance Gary. You should have been fired 3 or 4 years ago.
Steal Your Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #144
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 3894 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Personally I hope that Gary was thrown out the door head first. All he ever did was make this team an embarrassment and he set this franchise back 8 to 10 years now. He always put his personal relationships over this team's success and refused to ever hold accountability. He doesn't deserve another coaching job other than maybe at a small school in college. The only reason why he ever made the playoffs in Houston was because McNair forced Wade on him where the defense was turned around over night while Gary refused to fire Smith before that. He thought he could win with Carr as well. One of the worst offensive minds I've ever watched as a fan from his stubborn nature to stick to one system and to be completely gutless to deviate away from it. Good riddance Gary. You should have been fired 3 or 4 years ago.
You took the words out of my mouth. Great post and pos rep given.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013   #145
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 93420 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm kind of bummed. I liked Kubiak, and his system was sound when the right talent could execute it. Kubiak had me rooting to win his way with his system. When everything was in synch, the team had a true identity.

But his fatal flaw was his stubborness. Stubborness in his personnel decisions, stubborness in his loyalties, stubborness in his refusal to adjust his system or strategy, and -- as we saw in his final game -- his stubborness in fielding Matt Schaub. Gary would have finished the season with a dignified exit, but his resistance to the FO's wishes to continue evaluating Keenum exhausted McNair's good graces.

I think that a flexible, shrewd, and ambitious Kubiak would have won a Superbowl. But a stubborn, idealistic, and loyal Kubiak is best suited for a career as a coordinator.

Last edited by Brisco_County; 12-07-2013 at 03:26 AM.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013   #146
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123766 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steal Your Face View Post
Maybe you should follow him wherever he goes and enjoy his failures some more.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013   #147
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe you should follow him wherever he goes and enjoy his failures some more.
Did you really develop that intense of a personal hatred for Kubiak? Yeesh.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013   #148
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123766 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Did you really develop that intense of a personal hatred for Kubiak? Yeesh.
The man was paid Millions of dollars to put this team first and he never did. Yes, I hated him as a HC. Not sure who he is as a person, nor do I care either. He was unprofessional for years though and about as arrogant as any coach I've ever seen when it came to his philosophy of a system.. He was just quiet about it. He is right there with Jerry Glanville as far as I'm concerned. Hearing all of these homers in Houston make attempts to rave about his alleged offensive genius that was never existent or proven definitely made it worse though. People completely bought into him from the jump and anointed him as some guru over and over even after he made their faith in him look foolish. He has no business coaching on any NFL team.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013   #149
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 68788 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The man was paid Millions of dollars to put this team first and he never did. Yes, I hated him as a HC. Not sure who he is as a person, nor do I care either. He was unprofessional for years though and about as arrogant as any coach I've ever seen when it came to his philosophy of a system.. He was just quiet about it. He is right there with Jerry Glanville as far as I'm concerned. Hearing all of these homers in Houston make attempts to rave about his alleged offensive genius that was never existent or proven definitely made it worse though. People completely bought into him from the jump and anointed him as some guru over and over even after he made their faith in him look foolish. He has no business coaching on any NFL team.
Wow! "arrogant" and "unprofessional"?... but "don't care who he is as a person"?

I guess you don't. You decided to turn him into a two dimensional antagonist.

By the way, I don't think anyone has expressed worry/concern about his financial situation. He is wealthy- I doubt he wants pity nor do I think he will be standing in line moaning about the economy while he collects his unemployment check. Being wealthy does not make a person less human or shied one from life... If the world is full of people who only extend compassion to those people with less money than they, it is going to be an ugly place!
Old 12-07-2013   #150
Lucky

Rep Power: 180779 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Wow! "arrogant" and "unprofessional"?... but "don't care who he is as a person"?
Dale, this is the time for people like Texecutioner to rejoice. Just like the Sunshine Club got to after McNair kept Kubiak after 2010. Let it pass.

I would describe Kubiak more as dis-attached. I don't think he ever connected with the average fan. Staring at the menu on the sidelines, mumbling at the press conferences, boring during interviews. "But what about Beilichick?" Well, Belichick wins. If Belichick had Kubiak's record, Pats fans would have turned on him long ago.

Jerry Glanville said it best. The NFL stands for Not For Long. You can't keep your job for long when you put out a product this bad.
Old 12-07-2013   #151
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 239367 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
I'm kind of bummed. I liked Kubiak, and his system was sound when the right talent could execute it. Kubiak had me rooting to win his way with his system. When everything was in synch, the team had a true identity.

But his fatal flaw was his stubborness. Stubborness in his personnel decisions, stubborness in his loyalties, stubborness in his refusal to adjust his system or strategy, and -- as we saw in his final game -- his stubborness in fielding Matt Schaub. Gary would have finished the season with a dignified exit, but his resistance to the FO's wishes to continue evaluating Keenum exhausted McNair's good graces.

I think that a flexible, shrewd, and ambitious Kubiak would have won a Superbowl. But a stubborn, idealistic, and loyal Kubiak is best suited for a career as a coordinator.
Most people will focus these comments as relates to his QBs. However, his inflexible attitude was pervasive to how the team was run, and had major negative effects on all facets of the Texans' game.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013   #152
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 68219 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Can you name a single instance of this ever happening in the NFL? Can anyone?
Dave Campo

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013   #153
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Rep Power: 68219 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks Coach Kubiak.

Now don't f this up McNair. You made starting Carr a requirement for Capers replacement and now you're determining who the starting quarterback is going to be the remainder of the season.

The Highwaymen
Old 12-07-2013   #154
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 103671 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
Dave Campo
Several years passed between Campo's gig as HC of the boys and coming back as DC. He actually worked for both the Browns and the Jags in between.

Gunther Cunningham did the same thing with the Chiefs.

I think there's a huge difference between these two situations and what was suggested about bringing Kubes back to be OC next season (which is an absolute horrible idea btw).
Old 12-07-2013   #155
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Several years passed between Campo's gig as HC of the boys and coming back as DC. He actually worked for both the Browns and the Jags in between.

Gunther Cunningham did the same thing with the Chiefs.

I think there's a huge difference between these two situations and what was suggested about bringing Kubes back to be OC next season (which is an absolute horrible idea btw).
I think Kubiak coaching for the Texans has zero possibility of happening. I was just giving an example of a fired coach returning to coach a franchise in a lesser position (Campos was not even the DC).

The Highwaymen
Old 12-07-2013   #156
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 288753 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Sorry to see a good man lose his job, but thankful that this era of Texans football can now end.
Agreed. I appreciate everything Kubiak has done for this organization & I firmly believe the improvements reach beyond the field. We're in a much better position now, much closer to becoming the team we want, than we were when he got here.

That said, it's a fork in the road. No guarantee which way this thing will go. It could be Cowher, it could be Shaw & we can go the way of the Cleveland Browns, Jacksonville Jaguars just as easily as the way of Greenbay or New England.
Old 12-07-2013   #157
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not sure why I'm responding this this crap but I guess I'm a little bored.

This team under Kubiak wasn't an embarrassment until the end of last season through this season. Kubiak turned this team from dysfunctional to an NFL team in 1 season. 2010 was extremely disappointing and I was ready to move on from Kubiak but it's not like we were the worst team in the league bad. The team was considered nationally to be the BEST TEAM IN THE NFL for extended periods. How is that embarrassing?

McNair forcing Kubiak to hire Phillips is rumor - not fact. I actually believe it though and agree with you that Phillips turning our defense into an NFL caliber unit was the difference between 8 wins and 12 wins. Doesn't mean you get to discount Kubiak like he didn't do anything right in 2011 & 2012.

David Carr? Please. If you believe that McNair forced Phillips on Kubiak than you have to believe that Carr was forced on him as well. Kubiak wouldn't have had a clue about Carr's work ethics until he was hired. He gave Carr a season and booted him. That's one thing that Kubiak should be applauded for.

Kubiak's system was fairly rigid and he believed in it totally. I understand people that didn't like the style (slow, plodding, clock running...) or the lack of Manning style audibles. Can't disagree with you there.

Kubiak's time is over. He had plenty of reasons to be fired. He's gone so I don't need to go over them again. Winning the division and a playoff game twice without an elite QB & creating an NFL culture from the crap he started with won't be included in those. You act like he's the worst coach in NFL history. He was an average head coach. He did the Texans good - he just didn't do good enough. Time to move on.
Old 12-07-2013   #158
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
Not sure why I'm responding this this crap but I guess I'm a little bored.

This team under Kubiak wasn't an embarrassment until the end of last season through this season. Kubiak turned this team from dysfunctional to an NFL team in 1 season. 2010 was extremely disappointing and I was ready to move on from Kubiak but it's not like we were the worst team in the league bad. The team was considered nationally to be the BEST TEAM IN THE NFL for extended periods. How is that embarrassing?

McNair forcing Kubiak to hire Phillips is rumor - not fact. I actually believe it though and agree with you that Phillips turning our defense into an NFL caliber unit was the difference between 8 wins and 12 wins. Doesn't mean you get to discount Kubiak like he didn't do anything right in 2011 & 2012.

David Carr? Please. If you believe that McNair forced Phillips on Kubiak than you have to believe that Carr was forced on him as well. Kubiak wouldn't have had a clue about Carr's work ethics until he was hired. He gave Carr a season and booted him. That's one thing that Kubiak should be applauded for.

Kubiak's system was fairly rigid and he believed in it totally. I understand people that didn't like the style (slow, plodding, clock running...) or the lack of Manning style audibles. Can't disagree with you there.

Kubiak's time is over. He had plenty of reasons to be fired. He's gone so I don't need to go over them again. Winning the division and a playoff game twice without an elite QB & creating an NFL culture from the crap he started with won't be included in those. You act like he's the worst coach in NFL history. He was an average head coach. He did the Texans good - he just didn't do good enough. Time to move on.
I had to get off Tapatalk and login to the web site just so I can rep this post. There seems to be a lot of selective memory and revisionist pontificating going on here. There is no question this franchise is leaps and bounds better than when Kubiak and Smith got here. The train derailed and Kubiak couldn't figure out how to get it back on track. That doesn't make him an embarrassment, just inept. I personally wish the man and his family no ill will. For crying out loud, the man sacrificed his own health for this franchise. I just wish him luck in whatever his future holds. I don't think anyone felt any worse than him how things turned out. If. I ever met him on the street I would shake his hand and offer to buy him a beer. The posters here wishing him harm and embarrassment are too emotionally immature. I suggest they volunteer for a day at the children's wing of M.D. Anderson. That's a sobering experience that put this game in a proper frame of reference for life.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013   #159
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I agree with that somewhat. But if we take a quarterback high in the draft, Case will NEVER be given the time to develop, and he will NEVER be given the chance to be the Texans starting QB.

I don't think you can fairly judge if Case has what it takes, based upon his performance for the rest of THIS season. He will need another set of OTAs, and another full training camp to be evaluated fairly and be given a fair chance to start.

But he will NEVER be given that fair chance if they take a QB high in the draft. It will be the high dollar draft pick vs. the undrafted free agent. And we all know how that ball rolls.

This is the way it will go down. They will draft the next QB bust, and Keenum will go somewhere else and become the next Drew Brees.

And that would really SUCK. But is already something I'm afraid of.
Ditto. This is the exact scenario I see coming. I still fear that Wade's going to end up wearing the headset on Sundays. I fear that Bob made a pact with Bum that when he flushed Gary that Wade would get the job and we all know how honorable McNair is. I so much hope I'm wrong but this has been a lingering fear I've had since he was hired three years ago.

Wade needs to be flushed as well. His D sux.

Please make me wrong Bob, pretty please?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013   #160
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 32635 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
Classless. after so many years of service, and just one year removed from the Franchises best season ever, no reason not to wait until seasons end. No question it was time to move on from Gary, but like this? Classless.
I started reading this thread a bit late but I stopped at your post. Classless? What's classless about it? This franchise has turned into a joke in this league and you want to talk about class?

It sucks that a guy had to lose his job, but guess what, this thing is a business. If you can't get it done you need to hit the road. Why is it that some poor schmuck in sales can get fired for not producing for 2 months but an NFL coach can crap the bed for years on end and can make millions?

Classless? Take a look around and see what's up man. You don't make your way in life by being a nice guy. Sometimes you have to slash and burn to make things happen.

I appreciate what Kubes did for this franchise, but his time has gone and it's time to move on to the next guy.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read