Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Do you think McNair WILL, not SHOULD, fire Kubiak?
Yes 101 75.94%
NO 32 24.06%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-2013   #161
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't see him getting fired. I expect a resignation or reassignment.

Should he be fired, I hope it is McNair and not Smith doing it. Smith needs to go as well.
Old 12-06-2013   #162
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53447 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Poll: WILL McNair fire Kubiak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
He got 300 mil from Reliant over a 10 yr period.

Harris county taxpayers pitched in another 200 mil

I dont know how much the minority owners paid but I am assuming around 100 mil. 300+200+100 mil = 600 mil if my math is correct. This means BoB paid out of his pocket 100 mil. You can figure out the % BoB is making on his $$$$ with little to no risk.

I dont think you understand how the numbers came together for the deal. I do not believe that Reliant nor Harris county purchased ownership of the Texans. Also I am sure in a 700MM dollar deal Mcnair had to put up more than 100million to obtain enough ownership rights to become the majority owner. Chuck Watson orginally owned 15% Im sure he didnt put up 105million of his own money to only have 15% ownership when 100 million got Bob that majority

also since you have a hard time with facts or math Bob doesnt own 100% currently so the Forbes estimate of 1.4 billion cant be used to calculate his return.
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #163
edwardc5637
Rookie

Rep Power: 1791 edwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respected

He just did it.
edwardc5637 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #164
bash
Rookie

McNair obviously trolls these forums and was overwhelmingly persuaded to can kubes based on the ratio of yes vs no
bash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #165
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Crazy to see the numbers. 95 to 31 at this point believing that McNair would keep Kubiak, and then he does the completely unexpected and fired him during a season.

Maybe McNair will continue to challenge the status quo and think bold about the future. This team has talent, and there is no reason to believe that we have to endure another 4-5 year rebuild.
Old 12-06-2013   #166
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Crazy to see the numbers. 95 to 31 at this point believing that McNair would keep Kubiak, and then he does the completely unexpected and fired him during a season.

Maybe McNair will continue to challenge the status quo and think bold about the future. This team has talent, and there is no reason to believe that we have to endure another 4-5 year rebuild.
I think you're reading that wrong.

It was 95 to 31 thinking he would FIRE him, not keep him.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #167
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I think you're reading that wrong.

It was 95 to 31 thinking he would FIRE him, not keep him.
oh, yeah, you're right! All this time I was thinking it was the other way around. d'oh!

Thanks for the clarification.
Old 12-06-2013   #168
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99925 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes....
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #169
UKTexan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 UKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I got it wrong
UKTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #170
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKTexan View Post
I got it wrong
welcome aboard. I think Porky was wrong once or twice as well as a few others around here. Personally I've been casually wrong ever since I discovered message boards.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #171
UKTexan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 UKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
welcome aboard. I think Porky was wrong once or twice as well as a few others around here. Personally I've been casually wrong ever since I discovered message boards.
Haha, glad I'm in good company
UKTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #172
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted he would be fired, but said he might not.

So, I couldn't have been wrong.........just wishy washy
Old 12-06-2013   #173
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I voted he would be fired, but said he might not.

So, I couldn't have been wrong.........just wishy washy
No worries.

I heard Ben Tate say he now considers McNair Wishy washy for firing kubiak.

So you're in good company.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #174
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19403 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
if we lose this game then mcnair will fire kubiak this week, 100%

aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read