Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2013   #521
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK & REPLACEMENT thread II

Sounds like things have been working in the background

Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 8m
Texans HC search is underway and team owner Bob McNair said some of candidates are working with teams.
Old 12-06-2013   #522
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 122284 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak deserved to be fired, but I'm surprised it happened before the end of the season. I do wish it had worked out with Kubiak because I believe he is a good man and as a Houstonian I wanted him to succeed. I wish him all the best going forward.
Old 12-06-2013   #523
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Well at least I can watch the games again.
Old 12-06-2013   #524
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Well at least I can watch the games again.
With Wade as interim? It saddens me just thinking about it.

McNair doing all the talking and choosing Keenum as the starter from here on out proves the fact Smith is nothing but a puppet. Looking very Jerry Jones-like right now
Old 12-06-2013   #525
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post

McNair doing all the talking and choosing Keenum as the starter from here on out proves the fact Smith is nothing but a puppet. Looking very Jerry Jones-like right now
I think all owners at some point step in and say what they want to see roster wise.

Not all owners are like jerry where they make almost ALL roster decisions.

McNair mentioned doing things for the future of the franchise and that's what I wanted to hear. It's what I wanted to see. And apparently it's what McNair wanted to see too.

Also, I don't believe kubiak was being fair to case. Not saying case didn't mess up all on his own, but I'll just leave it there. I don't believe keeping kubiak was good for this team in any aspect.

They were becoming a full fledged freak show.

And yes I still want to see case play. Putting Schaub back in there was dumb the first time and even dumber the second time. What did Schaub do? Throw a brain dead pick.

At least play the player with upside.

I feel good right now knowing that the future is being looked towards. Hopefully the turtle pace is over and McNair makes more moves that reflect his newly found nuts.
Old 12-06-2013   #526
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

As one of the Kubiak supporters in the past, I knew it was time for the team to move on without him.

Good luck Gary. You seem like a great guy. I hope you prove that you have what it takes to be a HC or OC (NFL or College) wherever you end up. Take it easy on the Texans if you face them.
Old 12-06-2013   #527
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post

Only three games left to watch this season. I'm sure we can all stomach another three more losses to the Colts, Broncos and Titans. Let's wrap up the first overall pick in the 2014 NFL draft with some class.
Old 12-06-2013   #528
escrimador
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 escrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respected

Whelp. He's finally done for. Some good times, some bad times. Better than Capers, but just not good enough. A good man. Hopefully he learns from this and does a Bellichick on his next go around...just not in our division and conference.
Old 12-06-2013   #529
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
Only three games left to watch this season. I'm sure we can all stomach another three more losses to the Colts, Broncos and Titans. Let's wrap up the first overall pick in the 2014 NFL draft with some class.
Nah, I want to win. I doubt we will, but I won't be a 'tank for Teddy' or whatever the dadgum saying is these days. We'll get a top 5 draft pick no matter what.

*Disclaimer: No, I do not want Teddy either

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read