Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-06-2013   #41
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak just got fired

When he marched Schaub out there last night it sealed his fate. I watched players coming off the field with Schaub waiting for some hand slaps and not one player looked happy to even do it. AJ didn't even look at him when he did it. Kubiak's love for Schaub was just at an unhealthy level. He needed to go now. I appreciate Kubiak the man but his coaching in Houston was done.
Old 12-06-2013   #42
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 16186 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

McNair just indicated he wants to talk to Lovie Smith. - Mcclain
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #43
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 152103 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Lovie Smith, a 4-3 Defense, and Clowney with the first pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #44
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd respect McNair more if he said I have a GM and he will make the football decisions. That presser was nutty.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #45
KA4Texan
C27A

Rep Power: 5488 KA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Wade is a candidate? That scares the **** out of me.
Same here, I prefer Kubiak. NOT because I think Kubiak is better. At least with Kubiak it was only one horrid season away from being gone. I just dont want to wait another 8 years to have HOPE that we get a real HC.

Wade and Kubiak as men, I like them (what I know about them) neither of them are what I want to lead this team however.

If Wade is just filler, Im okay with it.... if he takes the position fully (as I feared when he took on DC)
Old 12-06-2013   #46
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 16186 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

when are they going to fire marciano?
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #47
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 128861 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

very disappointed, i really hoped that the combination of kubiak and wade would be able to lead us to a championship or at least a consistent winning franchise. i knew that the time had come once it appeared kubiak had lost the locker room though. i could support and defend most anything to keep him, but if you dont have the players on your side it's time to move on.

good luck in the future coach.
Old 12-06-2013   #48
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10480 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
Holy $417!

That's freaking awesome!
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #49
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I'd respect McNair more if he said I have a GM and he will make the football decisions. That presser was nutty.
I think Bob had to do this and I think fans wanted him to.
Old 12-06-2013   #50
cameronkrazie86
Veteran

Rep Power: 91 cameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respected

Obviously I feel bad anytime someone loses a job. With that said, this is a situation where I've been hoping for a change for several seasons. I didn't think he would be able to lead this team over the hump. Nothing personal, just felt someone else may be out there who can do it better and get this team a ring.
cameronkrazie86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #51
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 102617 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish

Classless. after so many years of service, and just one year removed from the Franchises best season ever, no reason not to wait until seasons end. No question it was time to move on from Gary, but like this? Classless.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #52
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I think Bob had to do this and I think fans wanted him to.
act like Jerry Jones? Jones doesn't have a real GM either

Old 12-06-2013   #53
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16557 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't no why rick smith Gets a freee pass he got us into cap Hell and also payed alot of old vet players there so called core players to much money PLuss paying them when they were injured

plus didn't he bring in ed reed without letting wade know

THATS should be fireable offense right there

once we lose out and lose our Free agents and prob go like 5-11 next year its only a matter of time

and bob said we are not rebuilding Pfff plzzzz Bob if u do that it will coe back to bite us in the butt next year quote me on this right now we are looking or at least the next 3 season of medicore
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #54
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 128861 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
maybe i dont watch other teams enough, but i dont think rick smith actually does anything. smith seems like a puppy on a leash the way he follows at mcnair's heel anytime i see him. dude's a yes man and is just a relay for what mcnair wants to do.
Old 12-06-2013   #55
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Will be weird not seeing Koobs on the sidelines. Great Houstonian, best of luck to him and his family. I can see him hooking up with Shanny again.
Old 12-06-2013   #56
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
Classless. after so many years of service, and just one year removed from the Franchises best season ever, no reason not to wait until seasons end. No question it was time to move on from Gary, but like this? Classless.
I think it was absolutely necessary. Did you watch the game last night? Extremely undisciplined football. The players didn't believe in te coach anymore, it was time.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #57
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
maybe i dont watch other teams enough, but i dont think rick smith actually does anything. smith seems like a puppy on a leash the way he follows at mcnair's heel anytime i see him. dude's a yes man and is just a relay for what mcnair wants to do.
why waste an organizational (an important one at that) position on a yes man? Especially since McNair has a neophyte football mind.

Old 12-06-2013   #58
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 152103 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Prior to this, the highlight of my day was putting on new windshield wipers. This is great news for us as a franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #59
qqert
All Pro

Rep Power: 22044 qqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
Class doesn't win you a superbowl.
You've got to get your hands dirty and do the real work.

Without real work, you get the product you witnessed last night.
Players are not afraid because there is no ac****ability, see Swearinger.
qqert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #60
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16557 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

bob just Murked the JAGS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAH the jags forced CHange on us they will never forget this LOL

kinda how like we prob forced change on them in the past
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read