Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2013   #481
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 82308 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK & REPLACEMENT thread II

Is there a bigger Kubiak supporter on this message board than I?

Well, as much as I like the guy, here is what I think should happen:

He should be fired the day after the season ends. This is an absolutely pitiful display and now it appears he has lost the team. Not only that, but even the small improvements with game/time management I have seen from him over the past few years have evaporated... He continues to blow timeouts and mismanage the clock in the 4th quarter consistently in ways that should be embarrassing for a high school football coach. Wow! Ugly, Ugly, Ugly!!
Old 12-06-2013   #482
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Surreal McCoy.
Old 12-06-2013   #483
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

He has a horrible habit of using a timeout before "big" plays late in the game. He should have been thinking ahead of what to do. You should know in advance that you are in 4 down territory and have plays ready to go.
Old 12-06-2013   #484
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 82308 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
He has a horrible habit of using a timeout before "big" plays late in the game. He should have been thinking ahead of what to do. You should know in advance that you are in 4 down territory and have plays ready to go.
Or, at minimum, call the timeout before allowing 30 seconds to run off the clock! Painful.
Old 12-06-2013   #485
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post

Well, as much as I like the guy, here is what I think should happen:

He should be fired the day after the season ends. This is an absolutely pitiful display and now it appears he has lost the team. Not only that, but even the small improvements with game/time management I have seen from him over the past few years have evaporated... He continues to blow timeouts and mismanage the clock in the 4th quarter consistently in ways that should be embarrassing for a high school football coach. Wow! Ugly, Ugly, Ugly!!
Never thought I would see the day this post would happen.

Maybe time management problems were a result of the minor stroke.

Nah, this stuff has been going on for yrs.
Old 12-06-2013   #486
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 62228 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

I haven't watched the game yet, I was at a Christmas party last night. But it sound like in the post game that most of Andre's yards came from Schaub.

If so, I'll accept putting Schaub in to get AJ to 100 / 1500.
Old 12-06-2013   #487
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 72233 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Yeh he keeps bringing up all the injuries too. Rediculous!!!!
Injuries, a hurricane, too many road games in a row, referees, a schedule that is "too tough"...

For years, a large part of the fan base of this team has been spinning excuses into reasons why this team underperforms. This team has had one or two years when they've played to their potential. This year is so bad the cold reality is finally impossible to ignore. It is a team without leadership that doesn't know how to win big, or now even meaningless, games.
Old 12-06-2013   #488
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 62228 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Time to storm Reliant.
Old 12-06-2013   #489
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

If kubiak isn't fired today or sometime before this next game I'm not watching anymore.

I'm done.
Old 12-06-2013   #490
Yesterday
Veteran

Rep Power: 3739 Yesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
If kubiak isn't fired today or sometime before this next game I'm not watching anymore.

I'm done.
He won't be. What good does firing Kubiak now do? I want him gone as much as anyone, but let him keep coaching to ensure we get the #1 pick.
Old 12-06-2013   #491
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99016 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

The fact that idiot Kubes left "Swag Boi Jungle Moron" or whatever Swearinger calls himself in the game after the mental breakdown he displayed only solidifies that Kubiak is a garbage, pathetic, moronic, pu$$y head coach and HAS to go. I truly am starting to dislike Kubes as a person and am almost to the point where I wish him to not have a pleasant day.
Old 12-06-2013   #492
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'm done.
The past several games leading up to last night I've watched for entertainment value (or lack thereof) only. For some reason or another I began getting red hot pissed in the 1st half last night. I wanted everybody whacked on the spot. All the time and effort we put into this team year round. Studying the draft and free agency. Going to training camp, hoping this will be the group that gets us to the show. Only to be kicked in the man-bag and sent home. Frustrating!!

That said, I simmered down shortly after that and remembered it wouldn't do any good whackin him right now. Plus, I don't want there to be any chance for Wade to go from interim to HC next season.

I do share your frustration to the umpteenth degree
Old 12-06-2013   #493
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
He's slow to make decisions and he doesn't have much conviction.

He's stated before how he likes to think and re-think decisions and make absolutely sure he's making the right choice.

That carries over to the field/game time management.

He's a poor decision maker on the fly. He doesn't have a sense of what's going on in the moment.

It sucks because I know someone that works on his staff, but kubiak sucks man. He has to go.
Old 12-06-2013   #494
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
The past several games leading up to last night I've watched for entertainment value (or lack thereof) only. For some reason or another I began getting red hot pissed in the 1st half last night. I wanted everybody whacked on the spot. All the time and effort we put into this team year round. Studying the draft and free agency. Going to training camp, hoping this will be the group that gets us to the show. Only to be kicked in the man-bag and sent home. Frustrating!!

That said, I simmered down shortly after that and remembered it wouldn't do any good whackin him right now. Plus, I don't want there to be any chance for Wade to go from interim to HC next season.

I do share your frustration to the umpteenth degree
I'm not even mad.

I just don't care about the games anymore. I don't care if we win or lose this year. I'm already on to next year and the next staff. I cannot waste anymore brain cells watching this group of texans.

I should've quit long ago, but I kept hoping. Silly me.

But the texans have fooled me enough.

**** this year. It's all about the future.
Old 12-06-2013   #495
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He's slow to make decisions and he doesn't have much conviction.

He's stated before how he likes to think and re-think decisions and make absolutely sure he's making the right choice.

That carries over to the field/game time management.

He's a poor decision maker on the fly. He doesn't have a sense of what's going on in the moment.

It sucks because I know someone that works on his staff, but kubiak sucks man. He has to go.
Texans style in bold

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Old 12-06-2013   #496
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesterday View Post
He won't be. What good does firing Kubiak now do? I want him gone as much as anyone, but let him keep coaching to ensure we get the #1 pick.
I cannot stomach watching my team be embarrassed. Number one pick is nice, but I am just not mentally wired to cheer for losses.

So if kubiak were fired today and the team played better as a result I'd be happy.

Plus I don't like how kubiak calls plays differently for case than he does for Schaub. Case don't know... Blah blah blah..

Man speed the offense up and spread it out and let's see what he don't know.

I just don't want kubiak tainting this franchise anymore.
Old 12-06-2013   #497
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Well Kubiak is having a PC today at 11, when its normally at 3, anyone know what its about?
Old 12-06-2013   #498
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
Well Kubiak is having a PC today at 11, when its normally at 3, anyone know what its about?
It's also on Friday instead of Monday.

But I really hope it's to announce his resignation. That would be so sweet.
Old 12-06-2013   #499
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
Probably to announce a 42 year extension
Old 12-06-2013   #500
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Probably to announce a 42 year extension
My bets on McNair making him part owner with complete control over football operations.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read